Register now to get rid of these ads!

59 caddy heartbreak in chicago

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alfredfromchicago, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Hey ya'all, to start this story there was a black 59 caddy 4door hardtop that I spied near my home in Harvey illinoios at one of those mega auctions a few years back. I tried contacting the owners but could never get a connection. then after a while the car dissappeared...
    Now a couple of months ago I spied that caddy again around 40 or 60 somthing and state street at another (the same) auto auction. the place was shut down but the only car around was this caddy, which now had a mangled front bumper. once again I tried calling around with no luck.
    Today I drove by and noticed it gone but the gate was open so I snuck in and looked around...no caddy. on my way out I suprized a middle eastern guy by being in his lot and I asked him about the caddy. he said he just sold it the other day, so I asked for how much? he said "2".
    I asked $2,000.00? He said "no, $200.00, So At this point I'm asking if the car is definatly gone or just paid for, He directs me to a junk yard just down the street and I'm off wondering what condition it's really in and how much they'll jack the price up if they'll sell it at all....
    Long story short...I talked to the man in charge and he told me the car sat there for way too long, (2 days) And he crushed it yesterday....:eek:
    He said an old car like that wasn't worth nuthin...
    Oh how It hurts.......:(

2. crackerass54

crackerass54
    from dallas

If ignorance is bliss, These have to be the happiest guys I've heard of for a while

3. mr.smith

mr.smith

4. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Half empty or half full?

You just met 2 high volume car dealer dudes who think old cars aren't worth diddly.

I would start carrying $400 and visit those guys regularly. But that's just me.

5. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

Its a shame to throw away a perfectly good Cadillac like that.

6. god bless america, we throw everything in the fuggin garbage.

7. Yeah, I was lokkin at this car for years, makes me sick!!!!! Never could get ahold of the guy, I guess he needed to avoid all of the shady auction fallout.

8. Hasn't been that long ago that a scrap metal place at Piedmont AL crushed a buildable '36 Ford 3 window coupe.

9. who would want a ford????

Just kidding, I love fords...especially when they have flatheads in em'!!!

10. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

Makes me sick just thinking about it. These guys just don't realize what they had. For as long as they had it around they could have made a LOT more money selling it to someone that wanted it or even parting it out! Lazy fucks just wanted a quick buck... and for what the price of scrap is going for that is about what they got, a buck!

11. so sad, I had my eye on it for years, but the phone numbers would never get answered......

12. Dr.Theo

Dr.Theo

i know guys that do that at yards, but the ass hats want twice the going price to sell it to you, then when you try to negotiate they just crush it for the 300 bucks when i would offer them a grand, but i think that these guys just liked ot be assholes

13. carshowgirl

carshowgirl

Since your from the Chicago area, when the yards around 83 and archer were closing we went down there...they were crushing anything! tried to buy a few things and they wanted 4 times the face value. guess scrap metal was worth more than preserving history...

14. When the guy says it's not worth anything you tell him you were going to offer a grand for it, and walk away.

15. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

lol....I was just thinking to myself "I hope alfred doesn`t see this!" Then i looked at who posted it....sorry to hear about it man,there will be more!