Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Cannon Ball" Taildragger is shinny at last!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LeadSledMerc, Jun 23, 2009.

1. elanore56

elanore56

Sweet ride.....

2. Chad s

Chad s

Wow! looks amazing. I love the color choice. One of the absolute best customs on the HAMB ever.

3. One word.............."WOW"

4. CruZer

CruZer

You guys gotta knock this shit off. Keith's head won't fit in the car any longer.

5. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

You know man, you're soooo right about those "f*cking ugly tires", how could I have missed that???

I was at a show this past weekend lookin around and finally figured it out...the white walls were waaaaay too big, not nearly enough wheel, and I had the rake way off for the look and couldn't even see the rear white walls.
    How do you like the new look????????
    Even added those little do-dads hangin off the mirror like all you cool cats do.

Thanks so much for that advise, I'm sure glad I didn't drive many miles in public with it lookin like it did!:D

Attached Files:

6. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

yeahhhh!!!!! thats what im talkin about !!! 20's and skinny whites - i just saw this car at a show and thought that it looked like ass with those wide whites ,what was this dude thinkin ??? it stood out like a klansman at the million man march , but after seeing the latest pic i have to say that its badass -, , but dude you gotta raise the rear more the forward rake is in .-- cant wait to see this thing in person again , gotta go charge my camera batteries !!!!!

7. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

dude you hit the nail on the head !!!

8. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Damn Thats NICE!

Nick.

9. wild willey

wild willey

Super SWEET man!!!! Either "KOOLSVILLE" ride!!! Nice work!!

10. Ugly?
    What's ugly?
    Where's the ugly?

I mean, yeah, Keith's a little peculiar looking but I'd never expect ugly out of him.

11. Rot'nRodder

Rot'nRodder

That car is friggin gorgeous. What is the paint color?? I am in the process of picking a maroon for my shoebox. I can't seem to find anything I like once it's actually sprayed out.... and I love that color. Did you lay it over a black sealer?

12. zoomma

zoomma

Keith the car looks great!!!!!!!!!!
    Hope to see it at the Handy Kids Camp.:D

13. Has a real "Classy" look,if you ask me! Amazing how a nice paint job can really bring a car alive. BIG thumbs up dude!!!!

14. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Thanks man. Gettin rid of "those f*cking ugly tires" opened up sooo many posibilities, I'm still so thankful Mr. Kool from Chocolateland caught that. Do you really think the rear needs to come up more? I don't want to raise it too much cause it'll look funny, maybe 3 or 4 inches, but not too much. Now I'm thinkin the car looks to plain with those new wheels and tires, maybe some graphics would be cool...real lookin flames??????

You haven't seen me in a while, Richie...it's amazing what time does to my good looks!:eek: How the hell have you been, are you still in the area or finally moved? Maybe I'll catch you around this summer.

It's a 60's Mercedes dark red. Yea, shooting it over black sealer made all the difference.

Thanks again everyone, I'll go now and deflate my head a little! haha

15. kristoph

kristoph

Not sure to understand your sense of humour (maybe it's better for me no??)

Didn't want to hurt you and don't want to start again bias ply Vs radials...

In my opinion (sure you don't care at all) a car as classy as yours deserve period tires. Black or white wall but period....
    ( Like fuzzy dices for a leadsled merc built in the 80's.) :D

Anyway congratulations for your build, which is very inspiring for me.

16. mr.smith

mr.smith

gorgeous car, love the white engine compartment

17. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

18. Purple hazed! OK, I know it's not purple but "SCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THE SKY!" Man, that thing should garner a magazine shoot. Too much to comment on. Just gorgeous.
    Makes me wish I were a male car.

19. Rikster

Rikster

20. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Come on Rik, I would figure a man like you with such an open mind for cars would appreciate a car evolving into something special. I mean heck, look at what Jim (Kustom7777) or Bob (CHOPMERC) are doing with their cars and everyone praises their efforts.

Maybe you'll see how it will all come together with a just little more tweeking.

I must admit it though, as cool as those 20's and thin tires look, they sure don't ride or handle as nice as "those f*cking ugly tires" I used to have.:D

21. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Keith,the car looks fantastic! Are you bringing her down to Lead East this year?

22. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

I love the look, either way. Both look sweet, I'm hopin' my car comes out 1/2 that nice, and both wheel/tire combos look good.

23. greasy50chevy

greasy50chevy

24. MCCrawlers

MCCrawlers
    from Utah

It looks great!!!

25. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

that baby looks nice ! would look nicer with a real taildragger stance ! those airbags are ruining the look !

26. simply beautifull!

27. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I got a shit load done this weekend with the new look...I'm diggin it!:cool:

I decided to go with my original plan and have the smooth hood sides with the working scoops... Just like I had on my street rod in the late 80's. I've always been a big ZZ-Top fan so you can see where I got the idea for the graphics...pretty cool.

I still had those Caddy hubcap crest laying around so I put them on...they look awesome on those 20" aluminum rims... almost like the real thing... but better!!!!:D

I'm thinkin It's almost done.
    It's crazy how just changing "those f*cking ugly tires" really got my creative juices flowing...whatcha think of the new look????

Attached Files:

28. glassguy

glassguy

dude! you gotta tint the windows!!!!! and lastly i have one word for you "NEON"!!!!!!

29. fiftyfiveford

fiftyfiveford

some 3 capped lake pipes and a raccoons tail would complete the look Im not sure but a visor might be a nice touch too, Im not digging the ZZTop stripe