Register now to get rid of these ads!

Acceptable Door Gaps?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lucky's Garage, Jul 2, 2009.

1. DrJ

DrJ

If you're going to metalflake it you need wider gaps but otherwise, I think i's more important that they all be even top to bottom and the same rather than a particular size.
    Cadillac usta have the thickness of a half dollar I think.
    Thickness of a wood paint stir stick is safer. Won't chip the paint like the half dollar will.

2. Docs_Rubb

Docs_Rubb

3/16 or 1/4, either would be fine, or better yet why not go with this......as long as they are all even!!! Better yet, what is acceptable to you? It's your car, you have to pay for it AND you have to drive it!!!!!!!

3. HealeyRick

HealeyRick
    from Mass.

Personally, I follow the time proven methods of the finest German craftsmen in establishing my panel gaps:

4. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

that video is great!!

5. NeverEnuf

NeverEnuf
    from Louisiana

Sweet...

More tie psent ragging a man over his word choice than people standing up with serious technical advice. I agree with the overuse of rat rod and people feeling wrongfully grouped. I feel the term Rat Rod is the most misguided term on earth. Do your homework rat rod builders....

6. NeverEnuf

NeverEnuf
    from Louisiana

This piece looks way too safe to be called a rat rod... You got windows... latchable doors...

7. cheezwiz

cheezwiz

HA ! Wait till you try to line up the panels on those finely crafted automobiles !!

8. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Got one side done.. One side to go.. and its been a bear.. the doors are heavy.. the body is week.. Had no floor to start with.. that didnt help matters much.. Im at a quarter inch gap on the Passenger side..