Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration >>>> friday art show 7/3/09 <<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spoggie, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billet

Billet

Crazy great stuff- You guys are the shit.... Thanks for letting me see your stuff- I look forward to the Friday Art show!

2. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

[​IMG]

Here's a t-shirt design i worked together with Scotty from Chuckles Garage this week. Hopefully we can get these printed before next weekend to have them ready and available for the Strangers cc car show:)
    cheers,
    cab

3. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

This is class work man ...... like your website as well. Let me know if you would like to exchange links with me. Looking forward to seeing this finished ......

4. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Great work ... really like it a lot.

5. jdustu

jdustu
    from Detroit

I met David on the Power Tour a couple weeks ago, very cool dude. I love those rides, they were very inspiring to me. My buddy was taking pics of the car, and he's like "do you want me to lower it?" Um, sure, but it's only and inch of the ground now? lol...boom, down it goes:D The whole car/bike/trailer setup is so wicked.

6. WhateverWeber

WhateverWeber

Happy Effin' Friday!

....I got nuthin':(

Great Show though.

Squindo's the man.

8. I am continually amazed at the amount of great artwork posted every week. Excellent work everyone! Here is a new one from me. "Thrush" muffler logo, laser cut pieces, individually painted then assembled. Four layers. about 17" dia base piece. Still needs a shot of clear coat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. The Wizard!

The Wizard!

First Free Hand on a Wacom! A lot to learn about this piece of equipment!! :)

Attached Files:

10. krome

krome

Nice logo

11. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

good start.
    you better clear your schedule...
    It's addictive.

12. YOO, Welcome to the H.A.M.B. family!

13. Love it. It's been too long Zombie, your latest Mag. is excellent.
    I'll be contacting you soon. Keep up the great work.

What a show!!!

14. Wow...what a show....I don't even know where to start...Just awesome work everyone...Here's a couple...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. synthsis

synthsis

Yoo. More........now!!!!!!!

16. duwty

duwty

great show so far everyone!! been a while since i posted
    I bought a couple of pins at the Road Rocker Rumble and decided to try my first rat fink on one of them

Attached Files:

17. philo426

philo426

It would be cool if the guy who did the B-17 painting painted a picture of this [​IMG]

18. Lil' Toot

Lil' Toot
    from Tulsa, OK

Well I finally showed some of my work a few weeks ago, so I'll keep the trend going with another first: my first go around with the Wacom. Inspired by the work of Mr. Norwell, Gary C, and many others, I decided to give a Wacom a try. I'm very familiar with doing vector work, so I'm not new to computer work, but I had always used a mouse, and of course you don't work in a natural painting style when doing vector work.

I admit to cheating a little, While I did the initial sketch on the Wacom, I did the primary outlines on the car, as well as the layout for the bezel and lettering in Vector (CorelDraw X3) and exported them over to Corel Painter, but all the color work was done in painter. I love working in layers!!! I have had Corel Photo Paint and Adobe Photo shop for years(which also have layering), but never really became very familar with them, probably because I didn't have the Wacom and it was too hard to do stuff in them with a mouse. And I have Adobe Illustrator, but I started on Corel Draw years ago first, and by the time I got Illustrator, I was too set in my ways with CorelDraw, I just never put alot of effort into learning it. Now that I'm in love with working digitally, I can't wait to fire up my other programs to see what they can do now too! I can't get over how closely the Wacom mimics real world drawing and painting. It's not exact, and there is a learning curve, but all in all, pretty close.

I welcome any input, tips and tricks, what ever. Like I said, this is my first shot, so don't be too cruel. ;) By the way, anybody wanting to get a Wacom, I'll give ya tip. Go to Amazon and search Wacom Refurbished. I was able to get a 17 x 19 for less than $400, which is the cost of just a 9x12 normally. They're factory backed by Wacom, and come with everything, so I can't see where it's a loosing deal. I know they just released they're new version, and it's too early to find a refurbished one of those, but this model has worked good for a long time for other artists, I figure it's plenty good to get my feet wet. Anyway, here's my first job, which was for a customer (might as well get paid while I'm learnin'). It's been emailed to the customer for approval, but they're out for the Holiday I think, so your seeing it before them!

[​IMG]

Detail:

[​IMG]

19. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Those are some great woody's .. thanks for posting them.

20. Lil' Toot

Lil' Toot
    from Tulsa, OK

Sinclair, that's just killer. Reminds me of just about every Pinstriper I know!

Clysdale, terrific ink work. In my opinion, the most underestimated and difficult part of great illustration work. I always used a Rapidograph, but pens lack the great expressive quality of good brush work. My hat off to ya.

Ubermustang, great pencils sketches, I love great pencil work.

Everbody else, terrific work as always. Keep it up and keep em' coming!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  21. Thanks man...the rest of the stuff from that show can be seen HERE

22. Runawaychair

Runawaychair

Art Show is quality, variety & quantities of both.

This is a cutaway I did of the WIX Filter maybe 10 years ago.

Adobe Illustrator v8.

[​IMG]

23. Cool stuff guys! Honorary mentions so far for:

GaryC. - You should have warned that guy not to lean against the car like that!
    übermustang - Really dig your 'design sketches' for Acme, Ruben; great style.
    57 Corvette ~ Bob - Could not connect to your website... do you shoot your own photographs for your montages? Striking stuff.
    KreaturesCCaustin - I love your stuff Dart.
    DtroitDinosaur - Always great work from you James!
    Von Hartmann - Awesome mural!
    gabo - very cool Mosh.
    Zombie - Would love to see more cartoonwork from you!
    Phred the phiend - Great style you have!
    Typ24 - Post your own work please.
    Hidden - Very nice work as usual!
    widewhitewalls - I like your Acme design a whole lot better now Keven!
    Britt8M - Another bitchin' piece!
    Acrochicken - Squindo rocks and so do you.
    Lil' Toot - Now that you have the Wacom, you might try to brush-ink your line art and introduce some nice thick 'n thin line variations in that. It can even be done in vector; at least in Illustrator it can.
    RunawayChair - cool to see that technical illustration from you; I used to do that kind of thing for my dayjob years ago. And thankx again for ordering my little book Keith!

24. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Thanks for the responses on those sketches. Here's one last doodle, the John Mearns' '32 roadster, hot off the drawing board. Until next time. :cool:

[​IMG]

25. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Here's the final version.....Cab is the man!

[​IMG]

26. VonFly

VonFly

Just the usual horsin' around with the good 'ole #2 pencil.

Attached Files:

27. crook

crook
    from Winder,Ga

Thanks ToddJ, Jigger,and selfmade66613.
    DtroitDinosaur- awesome paintings.
    KreaturesCCaustin- pencil or color, the van is sick either way!!!
    Clysdale- cool time lapse, always look forward to seeing your work.
    Acrochicken- killer new tattoo, congrats. Oh and try to get some pics on your road trip...lol.

28. sinclair

sinclair

Thanks for the comments!!

Great work here all around. Gary, ubermustang, kreatursCCaustin, Von Hartman, gabo, Zombie, and to everyone else.... Lots of good inspiration, makes me want work on my stuff.

29. JEPPA

JEPPA

I would love to see Zombie's car and Phred's pickem up truck built!

30. stinsonart

stinsonart

WHEW! STUNNING WORK, EVERYONE! This in an under construction shirt piece.

Clysdale: May I ask what brand of ink you use?

Bill

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.