Register now to get rid of these ads!

old timer pranks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 shaker, Nov 1, 2008.

1. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Dad was an electrician so we had a lot of those 3-4 foot long ones and we would climb under the cars and trucks and put them on the driveshaft. Then take the loose end and pull it to the side and tape the end down with electrical tape. After the poor driver got rolling up to speed the tape would let go of the end and it would beat the hell out of the bottom of the car. This was better than just leaving it loose to start banging from the begining. If they stopped to the car to get out and look they sometimes could not see it curled up against the bottom of the car. and if you did it at night outside the local bar they were sure not to see it.

2. 454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR

454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR
    from Selden, TX

I remember when you could buy those at fireworks stands, my brother and I pulled this on our mom one time. Only one time.

3. Captain Freedom

Captain Freedom
    from Upstate SC

In HS we masked-up a guy's car in the parkinglot with newspaper & tape like it was about to get painted.

4. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Pretty good pranks, I have done the zip tie trick many times. We used to get each other with teflon pipe dope paste under each others door handles. When it was hot we would take out the fuse for the a.c. When my dad got married my uncle wired his horn to the turn signal and then my dad got revenge and filled his vents up with rice krispies and when he turned on his blower he got a face full and a mess for a long time till they all came out. That was the end of their fued. We got another guy at work that always screwed with us, we dumped baby powder down a vent when it was hot outside and he was sweating bad and went in and turned on the a.c. and got covered, it was funny as hell! My uncle used to have a guy at work screw with his tool box and hide it somewhere in the shop while at lunch or strap it up and hang it in the air with the overhead crane. Well my uncle warned him to stop but that didn't work, so he filled the other guys drawers up with spray foam and tack welded all his drawers shut. Sounds mean but the guy never messed with him again.

5. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

Ive heard that same story about the bus.

6. RDR

RDR

always good for a laugh was take a bicycle innertube,cut a 1-2 foot piece,slide end over tailpipe and laughlike hell when the victim drove out of the burger joint sounding like a whoopie cushion

7. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

A friend of mine had an obnoxious neighbor that he put two stink bombs under the floor mats in his ford truck that when broken open smell like rotten eggs.Neighbor guy comes into garage a couple days later saying his catalytic converters went bad and started stinking real bad so he had a muffler shop replace them but the smell was still there and asked if we had any ideas what else it could be......Of course we did'nt.:DDon't know if he ever figured it out or not.

8. Rust Monkey

Rust Monkey

Sardines on the exhaust manifolds have always been my favorite. Stinks like crazy once the engine is warmed up, last a few days too.

9. Labold

Labold

...glad my sons are still too young to read. This thread is full of good ideas (or bad, depending which end you are on).

10. rat pink

rat pink
    BANNED

on a hot day steal some ones wheels and leave there car on ice blocks!

or a can of greatstuff and some fuel line and unload the can in to the tail pipe!

these are all good prank i have taken many notes and im sure to have some pisst off friends soon!

word to the wise the guitar string in the tail pipes is super illegal if cought you get finned for all broken windows in history! at least here in cali beware

11. I just ran across this thread ... funny stuff. Reading the stories made me think of stuff in my past.

Years ago I worked as a mechanic for Mack Truck. One of MANY pranks was the creeper "Whirlybird" ride. You'd see some legs stickin' out from under a truck (someone working while lying on a creeper). You'd grab the legs and, quickly as you could, pull the poor SOB the legs belonged too out into the parking lot for a Whirlybird ride. You'd spin the guy around by the legs so fast that his body and the creeper he was dearly holdin' on too was airborn. Then you'd let him come down for a landing while releasing his legs. He would then spin out into the farthest reaches of the parking lot. It was great fun ... until YOUR legs got grabbed. :D

One of the other pranks was the anti-seize grease under your toolbox handles gag. That one use to really piss me off.:mad::D

12. Probably already beenn mentioned but potato in exhaust pipe. Won't start or if it does it becomes a potato cannon.

Pencil mark between the contacts in the distributer cap. The spark follows the graphite and it cross fires.

There are some that are more destructive that we reserved for the local gostaple or someone that we really didn't like but I won't mention them.

13. before i was married and had my own house & garage, i use to keep my car in my buddys garage, when i bought my house i moved my stuff out and "forgot" to give him back the garge door opener,after about a year i would drive by his house every so often and open the garge door if it ws closed and close it if it was opened,this went on for the one whole summer untill he had a new garage door opener installed

14. Love these pranks, any more?

15. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

a piece of vacuum line with plug wire ends on it to replace the coil wire, figure that one out.

duct tape a wheel weight in the center of a driveshaft.

16. DECKARD sr.

DECKARD sr.

back in the day me and some buddies went to a car show in the neighboring town. we had a guy invite himself to go with us. no one really wanted the dude to go, but we did'nt want to be jerks either so we let him follow us. he had an old crappy bronco that he thought was a show winner. if you leaned on this guys ride while shootin the s#!t he would really get pissed. as he went inside to see a band play, we grabbed a couple handfulls of stickers from the local radio station. it took us about 30 minutes, but we plastered that bronco with radio station stickers. everyone around thought it was hilarious. you should have seen his face when he walked out and saw it. even the glass was covered. every square inch. of course we helped him pull them off. it sure was funny..

17. Link a bunch of rubber bands together (100) and attach a paper lunch bag half filled with flour to the approx. center one... attach the two ends to two trees or telephone poles on either side of the road close to the "marks" house at night, pretty high up so that the bag of flour hangs right about windshield height...

Wait.

Sprinkle a little powdered milk into the weave of your marks cloth seats or office chair... give it a few days for the ass sweat to activate the milk, then a couple more for the milk to go bad.

18. rustin peace

rustin peace

On a VW the back up lights get power from the ignition coil pos side. we used to swap the wire over to the negative side. the car will run and drive fine until you put it in reverse. Gets them everytime

19. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

One of the best old timer pranks is to assist one of them as they're crossing the road and leave them in the middle.

20. swi66

swi66

I was a 16 year old kid working at a garage, mostly as tire guy and pump jockey, learning repairs as I went.
    Of course there were older guys pranking me.
    One would switch the horn wire with the washer squirts wire on my 66 Dodge.
    Then one winter the other guy filled my Corvair full of snow...........that was too much!

Retribution, yeah..........took the driveshaft out of his chevy van. put stones in front and behind the passenger side rear wheel. he thought sure he blew his clutch when he wanted to go home. Driveshaft was next to the van, and I was long gone.........

21. swi66

swi66

I used to have to call for parts at a local auto store for the garage I worked at.
    There was one guy there that didn't know squat about anything, and I always got him on the phone. It was agonizing the amount of questions and time it would take him to find anything.
    Finally one day I called him to look up a water pump for a Corvair and told him to add it to the next order. He looked through the books for over an hour, before his boss asked him what he couldn't find.
    After the crew at the auto parts store finished laughing they called my boss and had words...............

One guy next door sent his girlfriend over to get a couple muffler clamps. I asked her if she needed new muffler bearings with that. She went back over to ask. Everyone at the garage heard me tell her that and wasa roaring when she came back.

Also used to do the old chestnut about changing the air in tires between summer and winter, you know heat expands and cold contracts, so you gotta change the air.......

22. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

subscribed....

I have some good ones :cool:

23. hudson48

hudson48

Not car related.We had trams in Brisbane and a track below our house on a tight corner.We would shave match heads and wrap them in silver paper.
    Place several of them on the tracks and they would let out a loud bang and the driver would think the electric motor had blown a fuse.

There was also a single track that went up a steep hill from the terminus.
    Late at night(no cars around) we would watch the tram leave the terminus and run some inflammable fluid down the tracks.As the tram approached the bottom of the hill we would light it at the top.The driver had 2 lines of flame coming down the hill at him.Burnt out in a matter of seconds but still good fun.Probably go to jail for that now.

24. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Back in the early 70's I was working in a gas station at night and there was a phone booth out by the road . Well there was this guy who thought he was king shit . Every night he would come by ask for change and go out to the phone booth to make a call . Must have been calling his girlfriend because he was always on there for a good while . Well I told my buddy watch this , I went and got some grease and pulled down the coin changer and put grease in the return and also put the grease all around the inside of the ear and mouth piece . Well he came by like he always did , got change then went to the phone booth . Me and my buddy went inside the bay area because they were closed at night and dark to look out the windows in the doors to see what happens . When he went and put the money in the phone , then put the receiver up to his ear and mouth he was so fucking pissed when he got grease all over his ear , hair and mouth ! Then of course he had to get his dime back . He pulled open the coin return , stuck his finger into the coin return to get his dime back and ended up with a finger full of grease besides his ear , hair and mouth ! That son of a bitch never came around to ask for change or use that phone ever again ! Got a few more people that night that used the phone booth .
    The next day the phone company sent someone out to clean the phone !
    Damn that was funny as shit ! Those were the good olé days !

RetroJim

25. Hotrod1932

Hotrod1932
    from Oregon

We put a 327 in the back of my buddy's GEO METRO while he was taken a shit..Should of seen the look on his face..

Attached Files:

26. the model t coil was our anti theft device. flip the switch on and wach the basterds
    get nocked on thair ass. the good old sixties.

27. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

My older brothers teacher had a VW with a sun roof. He would leave it open an inch or 2 on hot days to help it cool off. The senior class all made a plan where everyone would bring as many ping pong balls as they could and on a certain day they would dump them in through the sun roof. Sounded like a good plan and there was a lot of balls, but not near enough to fill it up as they had wanted to. It was still funny when he opened the door and the balls came rolling out. Would have been better if it was full.

28. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Damn didn't make it all the way through this thread... but I had to post a couple of ones i've pulled in the past before I leave work...

There was this cute, but severly dumb blonde receptionist working at the Ford dealer I worked at. I called in as a customer and asked to speak with "Mike Hunt"... so without missing a beat she puts me on hold and jumps on the P.A. infront of a showroom full of customers saying "Mike Hunt (My Cunt) is on line 1!" "Mike Hunt is on line...." insert GASP! here as she runs to the restroom completely embarrassed. The G.M. didn't miss a beat though... he chuckled and said, "I guess she found Mike" as she ran past him to the bathroom... lol...

My first job was at the Georgetown airport. I pretty much did all the dirty work around the FBO there and needless to say the night manager was a total asshole. He thought he was a gear head but didn't know shit. Well that didn't stop him from peeling out at EVERY stop sign with his crappy old chevy truck with rusted out cherry bombs. Well he peels out in front of my F100 and sprays the front clip and windshield with gravel when we leave for work that night. Fast forward a couple of days and he's bragging about some ghetto $300 white basketball shoes he just bought blah blah blah... I thought it would be a good time to get him back. So I popped the oil pressure line off the back of the tug's oil pressure gauge and pointed it straight at the foot well of the tug. I'll let you guess what happens next haha...

Got a friend that has a billy bad-ass 4x4 and never puts it into four wheel drive, let alone knows how 4 wheel drive works? Put the transfercase in neutral as he leaving for a place late and in a big rush. My dad did this to my brother as he was late for a date... MAN WAS HE PISSED!!! I'd never heard a Ford 300 straight six rev so hard in my life! My brother popping the clutch and throwing the four speed through every gear about 5 times per second looking like a long armed monkey on crack was hilarious.

I love it when the elderly play pranks still. They're usually simpler and are a "crime of opportunity" but still classic. We went to this birthday party for a local old timer by the name of Louis Miller (80 something years old). If you're from Georgetown, you know him. Anyway the night goes on and somebody tells him the trashcans are backed up and full at the community center. Without missing a beat he tells them to empty all the trash cans in that "chivoleh over yonder" pointing at his pals new Chevy he bought the day before the party. Needless to say the new Chevy had a SHITLOAD of trash in it, all unbagged LOL. The best part was hearing the old man laugh his ass off as his pal came unglued when he went to leave the party!

Old gear heads rule.

-Chris

29. Dirtroad

Dirtroad
    Member Emeritus

A good friend owns a garage south of me. He was telling us about this guy that comes to him. " My car is making a weird noise."
    Mel. " what's it sound like."
    Guy." Well its hard to explain. When I start the Car, it's fine, but when I gas it , The DAMN thing farts.

Mel went out with a pair of side cutters and took the Bicycle inner tube off his tail pipe. He told the guy "No charge, you've made my day"

30. Ratrod37

Ratrod37

Lift the toilet seat and cover the bowl with plastic wrap like you use for leftovers and put seat back down,best when done at parties......Confettie or if you dont like the person,glitter(metalflake) in the air conditioning ducts of there car during the summer. When I had my shop people would borrow the air tank to fill there car tire and when they brought it back We would make them refill it while one of the other guys would toss a firecracker behind them...I miss doing that one.I used to take apart other mechanics air blowers and fill them with grease.More to come as I rember them.