Register now to get rid of these ads!

Still pissed –with a “Warning” and a Happy Ending

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 7"Chop, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Since it's all the rage for the gub'mnt to print money and burn it as fast as they can, why the heck not produce a series of PSAs that inform people of little known traffic safety rules like, oh I don't know, like not following blindly (freakin' lemming) through an intersection, and, oh, here's one, don't run red lights, if you can stop safely at yellow, DO IT(!), the list goes on..... If a few non-morons are saved it would be worth it.

2. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

DAMN! - Glad he was ok after that hit!

3. Big Tony

Big Tony

WOW!!!! Man she hit hard...glad everyone is OK and the new ride is nice as well.

4. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

Just bringing this thread to the top to remind you guys to buckle up.

5. sledish

sledish

Glad your friend is alright, new ride is sweet!

6. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

Man, I guess I should start house shopping again and move.

7. russnunn

russnunn
    from Florida

We have a huge problem with that here in Florida. I do not know if people are just to cool to stop or what. I have almost been hit several times by people blowing the light and then looking at you like your the asshole for going when you have the green.

Sorry about beautiful old Ford but glad your friends are ok.

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

wearing seatbelts is the law here in California... how many other states have the same?

9. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Makes me cry then makes me happy again !

10. Kerry67

Kerry67

Could have been worse. Thankfully they are ok. Car is not important in the long run. The fact that they did not get seriously hurt or killed is the main thing. Always another car waiting somewhere.

11. white64

white64
    from Maine

Seat belts are required all the time for everyone in Maine, but! Classics are excluded if they weren't equipped with them from the factory.

12. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm sorry, as bad as this is and how fucked up what happened is I am sorry to say your friends are DUMB ASSES.
    Wear a damn seatbelt people. I'm going to start posting photos of the people bought into the emergency room. Maybe then some people will realize that just because your car is a 'classic' and doesn't have to have belts.
    Maimed is often worse than dead.

EDIT.
    Im sorry to let go on these people and my mates on the HAMB but if you saw what I did at work today I think you would understand. You ever seen a 3 year old kid that could be carried in be three different people. They took her from two different Ambulances.

13. Could we do that in spanish too?

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You could also put a little something about seat belts.:mad:

15. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

Man that Ford took a hit, but at least it looks like it could be repaired.

In my state seat belts are a law but if your car was not equipped with them from the factory you do not have to have them on. Now I will probably catch hell in making this statement but this is how I feel about them........I do not believe in seat belts and it will be a cold day in hell before I wear them.

I have been in 2 accidents that if my wife or I were wearing them we would be dead, and I have had a family member die because of a seat belt in an accident. The only time I will wear them is if I have a 12 point cage around me. My view is why strap yourself to something that is not safe.....

16. Today's drivers with cell phone distractions and invincible attitudes (because they know their airbags and crumpling cars will save them) also usually have collision coverage because banks own most of them. That's why I no longer ride bikes. We must do more to protect ourselves or end up loosing our "antique" privileges like in Europe. The recent Conroe, Tx. wreck resulted in a thread which was heading into a safety discussion when suddenly closed. One suggestion was that we have a fellow
    HAMBstr put a second set of eyeballs on our finished project for safety items. It's something that is done in the aviation hobby and I think it would be a good tradition for us as well.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  17. Fish Tank

Fish Tank

First off, I'm glad they're alright. And kudos on the new ride.

I can't help but shudder on things like this. My biggest fear is finishing my '50 Coronet and then someone yank it out from under me like that.
    All that work and effort, gone.

Ugh, I gotta go look at pictures of kittens and cheer myself up.

[​IMG]

Laters

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  18. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

UGH, reality is gonna bite you had one day.
    Non survivable seat belt trauma is another way of saying unsurvivable accident. If you die from a seat belt there was no way you were going to survive the accident at all.
    Get yourself an education.
    I hope you have not extended your gene pool, for all our safety.

19. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Seats belts are good for sure. What finally got me to wear seltbelts is the fact that the county insurance will not cover injuries if the injuries were caused by NOT wearing seatbelts.

20. Zeke

Zeke

Amen Doc Amen. I've had the "pleasure" of responding to the scene as seeing folk who were damaged beyond recognition who could have otherwise walked away from the accident if they had worn their seat belt.

Might want to check that insurance policy because if you are killed or injured and are not wearing a seat belt (having one available to wear) you might not receive any claim for health care. You are knowingly breaking the law and putting yourself at risk.

21. Zeke

Zeke

Damn GG you beat me to it

22. RAY With

RAY With

Really hate to see any classic car get wrecked but at least the occupants survived the impact. I like the 46-48 fat fendered Fords and especially the rare convertibles and its a shame it got wrecked so bad but I think it can be rebuilt.

23. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

X2. I've got seatbelts in everything I drive except the Stude and it'll have them by the time it's roadworthy.

24. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

She survived the accident very well, in fact she was trying to get out of her new '76 Firebird and the car caught fire(front end impact not her fault). A passerby tried frantically to help her get the belt undone but it would not let go and he or she had no way of cutting the belt. She was burned to death and the passer by ended up with 2nd and 3rd degree burns over half of his body trying to save her.

The good Lord is going to take me one day and if it is in a car so be it, but I will never wear a seat belt.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  25. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Belts are a good thing, they keep you in front of the wheel so you can drive when it gets hairy. Oh ya, they keep you in the car and in one piece.

26. hotrodjim

hotrodjim

My understanding is Calif law says seat belts are only required in cars that came with them. However I wont own a hot rod without them. Not just lap belts but 3 point belts. Lap belts just fold you in half and you still get a steel dash lunch

27. 454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR

454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR
    from Selden, TX

Thats one of my favorite models of Ford, beautiful car! Everyone be safe and buckle up, this stuff happens every day. A year or so ago a guy rear ended my wife and I at a red light, never even slowed down. No one was hurt thank God, but it was a close call, and now I always look behind us at lights!