Register now to get rid of these ads!

Brought home another Model A Tudor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brock49Ford, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

I bought and drug home (see tires) this Tudor last night. Purchased from a 90 yr old gentleman who bought it in late '67 and licenced it in Jan. of '68. It has sat on the same small gravel pad in his backyard the last 41 years. Has bad rust in a few places and is surprisingly solid in others. Even came with a WA state title. I had to take the spare banger motor as part of the deal. Has some custom tin work over the stock roof covering. Notice the sealed beam headlight conversion as well. Mechanically everything seems very solid. I have a feeling that this thing will run with very little effort. I have no clue what I am going to do with this, or if I'll even keep it, but I had to buy it. I really need to get my '28 Tudor on the road, but this will probably keep me from that for a while.

Attached Files:

2. Nice score, very complete.
    let us know when you get her running.

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sweet! Get it running as is and up on some rubber. Take it for a drive and you'll know everything after that. It will tell you exactly what you need to do. Maybe a hopped up banger, full fendered, fun car is in your future...

4. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Nice score, I don't need any more projects either, but you have to get them when they are available. Worst case scenario would be it sits for a fews more years or you flip it after tinkering to fund current project along faster.

5. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

I agree that you have to get them when you can. Very rare when you are in the right place at the right time with $$$. I did sell a Cad intake and carbs to put some of the money back right away though. I have not really even looked inside all that much to see what is all there. I'd have to say that it is at least 90% or more original and complete.

6. Xdrag48

Xdrag48

What a great find!Thanks for the pictures...

Steve

7. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For sitting in a gravel floored garage for the last 40+ years that thing looks very solid. Think if you put a new car in a gravel garage like that...

8. 31modelo

31modelo

A new home for one of those blown Cad mills you have?

9. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

There was no garage! It was outside with a lot of tarps on it.

10. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

I don't know what I'll do with it. My 49 and my other Tudor are Cad powered and I have 3 more Caddy engines so maybe....

11. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

12. Hell, if it will run, get her going and go back and give the guy a ride in it.

13. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

I have had that same thought. That would be pretty cool.

14. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Good score indeed!

15. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Man that would look good in my 'soon to be' garage.. next to the woodie project.. Nice find

16. DMFB

DMFB

Some guys have all the luck, haha.