Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Pedal Car Stroller suggestions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowchevypickup, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daddio211

daddio211

lucky steering wheel! :eek:

2. 972toolmaker

972toolmaker
    from Garland Tx

for seats and up. use terry cloth and velcro so it is easy to wash while the little one is in nappies. get fancy later.

3. lowchevypickup

lowchevypickup
    from central IL

i might have to take you up on that depending on how much it will cost to ship. i would be very worried about it getting damaged during shipping though. but we will see when i get that far.

and thanks guys for all the suggestions. youve all been a big help and lets see some more cars.

4. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

I used some "arctic fur" from Jo-Ann fabrics on backer board attached with velcro.
    [​IMG]

5. 1beatnik

1beatnik
    from indiana

Here is my sons car, not finished but still lookin for more ideas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. badsam56

badsam56
    from MS

Know what would be cool? Instead of building a pusher, why don't you motivate it and steer the front wheels via remote? You should be able to find somewhere a used pedichair of some sort to get the drivetrain, then build a simple hand controller to electrically steer the wheels and control the speed. Most hobby stores can help guide you through the steering and throttle setups. Just a wild idea and it may be more than what you want to build.

7. thequietwon

thequietwon

Here is one I built for my son...I agree with the others, this was one of my most rewarding builds. My son is 4 1/2, and loves it as much today as he did 2 years ago. This one has red tuck 'n roll, detachable handle, scaled down quick change rear, drop axle, hairpins, shocks, working lights (teardrops in rear), and alot of other stuff I am forgetting. I originally built this with caster in the front axle almost identical to the one posted on this thread, but for me it didn't turn fast (or tight) enough. It seems that no one looks down at the ground at a packed show, and it is alot faster for me to just pop up the front wheels and turn it. Good luck!!!
    Sam

Attached Files:

• j1.jpg
      j1.jpg
      File size:
      506.7 KB
      Views:
    • j2.jpg
      j2.jpg
      File size:
      522.8 KB
      Views:
  8. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

I was going to wait to post but...my son is Due this July and I started on a hot rod wagon for him.....built a frame out of an old gym set, the body is a flipped around wheel barrel and I made the front end out of a lat pull down bar and a donor radio flyer handle...its still not finished but it will be ready when he gets here....the motor is going to be a cooler with wild plastic headers to keep baby and daddy's bottles cold during those hot summer car shows;)...I also plan on making it a go-kart when he is older considering how big it is...hope ya like it!:D

Attached Files:

9. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

more pics...gonna put these caps on the front...

Attached Files:

10. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

I like this one

11. Shobra

Shobra
    from SLC, Utah

Here is my scratch build Aluminum body.

Attached Files:

12. That is seriously cool.

13. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

i just had the idea of making all the "add on" parts mount on with magnets. Parts like an engine poking out of the hood, or zoomies. That way when he gets older he can build it and take it apart whenever he wants. This would only work with steel bodied cars ofcourse....

14. Rocket Sled

Rocket Sled
    from Hanover PA

Here is my daughter's that i just finished up tonight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

spent a grand total of $8 on it. :D

15. lowchevypickup

lowchevypickup
    from central IL

anybody got any others to show?

16. daddio211

daddio211

I took these shots at the Ed Roth Rat Fink Reunion Car Show in Manti, Utah last weekend. Not a stroller or a pedal car, but WAAAAAY cool! Belongs to a kool kat up in Logan, Utah.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Gigantor

Gigantor

What great timing! I have a coworker who had a baby recently. We got married on her land last year and I wanted a unique way to say thanks again and also sort of a llate "congratulations, you have a baby" kind of gift. I was thinking of making some sort of little pink pedal car hot rod ... great ideas everyone!

18. Deuces High

Deuces High
    from East Tenn.

Can someone post a photo of the rear steering on the push car you built. I am in the process of building my grand-daughter one and just about ready to start on the steering.

THanks, Scott

19. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

same here! I want to make mine roll like a stroller, but still use the stock wheels.

20. nightrain

nightrain
    from squamish

Great projects. What wheels/tires best suit these applications? I would like to use a slick in the rear and something narrower on the front. any suggestions on sizes?

21. CHRIS 57

CHRIS 57
    from Upstate NY

Just finished painting my daughters strollers, now I have to finish the interior before the Syracuse Nationals.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

22. Some terrific projects and finished cars.

Kudo's to all.

Do the little one a favor and incorporate some shade into the design.

They get sunburned easier than we do and I'm sure y'all know how fussy and sad it is when you have to deal with a sunburned little one....

23. TOE

TOE

Phil1934 already posted a picture of this on the first page of this thread.

But I found more pictures on the web, I think this is too cool to not post more.

This is the artist/creator: http://www.elmerpresslee.com/

Attached Files:

24. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Cool post. Here is one I just finished for my son.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

26. krome

krome

I found a pedal car form the 60's unrestored, old/rusty etc. What are they worth?

27. Craven Moorhead

Craven Moorhead
    from New Berlin

Just wanted to keep this thread alive, always wanted to build one. You guys inspired me to do so. So here is my version of a A/FX, Wanted it to pedal and steer so a kid can have the thrill of the ride. Final mock up, trying to decide if I should paint over almost 50 years of patina or not. Thanks to the wife for the chute and the tuck & roll (I don’t know how to sew).

Attached Files:

28. If you do paint it, you will have to polish the stainless on there to complete the look. It would lookd good with a ound or two of flake. :D

29. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

These are great!I'm building a hot rod wagon for my grandson and will post some pics soon,but now some of you have got me thinking about doing the old pedal car i've had for 25 years for him too.Great ideas and craftmenship!Keep them coming.

30. daddio211

daddio211

VERY cool!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.