Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Respecting other peoples old cars!!! Damn Vette guy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trailer-Ed, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

I got that same fortune cookie. Sounds stupid doesn't it?

2. 4cfed

4cfed
    BANNED
    from wisconsin

wow im not the only person who got pissed off at a vette owner,

i got married saturday and we were cruisin to classics plus ltd for some photos and i ended up next to a vette on the way there, him and his c*** wife looked at my new bride and i in our 65 delta 88, semi gloss black with orange scallops and orange wheels and pointed and started laughing!! on my wedding day none the less,

so i yelled out eat shit ya vette driving asshole and than ( yes i know this was not the bes tthing for my motor but i was pissed off) i dropped it to second gear at 40 mph, clicked the key off.. waiting about 3-4 seconds ( by this time there precious vette was next to me but about nose of there car to rear of my car) when i clicked the key back on..... to what sounded like twin 12G shot gun blasts, mr vette owner swerved into on comming traffic and looked like he filled his depends to max load,
    and nether were smiling after that, than my buddy jumped on the throttle next to them in his 454 open fender well headerd 56 chevy!!

sorry we hate the 'typical' vette owners around here

3. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

its funny, my friend's dad has a 80's something vett and he loves my 53' cadillac more then his vette', yet he wont even drive it if theres a large cloud in the sky. And yet the guy i saw at the gas station the other day in his brand new corvette, with the dealer floor mat covers still in and all, was laughing at my cadillac as he walked by and spared at me, "so your comfertable driving that old turd huh?" i saw his 'fancy' corvette yellow hat, yellow corvette sunglasses, nylon corvette jacket, kackie shorts and sandels and told him, "same as your ok looking like a total douche buddy."
    I give him credit, he did a nice burnout after that.....however almost hit a suburban.

4. 4cfed

4cfed
    BANNED
    from wisconsin

hahaha!! thats completely something i would have said

5. Dr.Theo

Dr.Theo

just to through it out there all though it is an old one

whats the difference between corvettes and porcupines?

with porcupines the pricks are on the outside!

its all in good fun

except for some of the vette owners out there, and they know who they are

6. Fact:
    some real car guys like Corvettes... few corvette guys like anything else..

Club I was in did a car show with a '72 cut off year, every year we had these guys call to enter with Corvettes, we ask what year, they say '89, '90'or what ever, we say I am sorry but the year cut off is '72 they say "but it's a Corvette" we say cut off is '72 they say..you get the point...
    Had some hot rod friends real cool couple, one time we go to this show we don't see them, we ask another mutual friend, hey where's so and so and so and so..
    he says they bought a new Corvette and are out "Corvetting"...
    Corvetting?? WTF is that, he says you don't want to know..

7. GlenC

GlenC

Yep, and the easiest response to them putting an old car down is to ask them...

"So when was the last time you even had grease under your fingernails?"

Cheers, Glen.

8. zzford

zzford

Remember, those Corvettes are just another used car from some dealers lot.

9. Jimminy Cricket! Your lucky one of them did'nt prance over to you & hit hit you with his monogrammed hanky! I'm guessing they were wearing plaid store bought shorts (no blue jean cutoffs) with a white belt, sport shirts with monograms, socks up to their knees & sandles. Oh, and high $ sunglasses. Am I close?

10. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

i thought they stopped makin vettes around 1970!!!

11. skwurl

skwurl

Theyre like raoches. They bogart all the local shows. I dont understand what the big deal is. I could go to a dealer and see them.

12. motorhead711

motorhead711

:D:DHey man, we got a bunch of those pecker pounder vette guys up here in Lakeport, Ca, and they're all the same. Knuckle dragging, fat, Mesh hat wearing, blue jeans and white tennis shoe Assholes!! Every year we have our memorial day parade, and the damn VCCoLC (Vette car club of Lake County) does their usual shit and enters the parade. Out of all the corvettes in the club, there's only 3 that are cool, and the guys that own them are cool. One is 69 stingray, the other a 62 and the third a 66. All the other a**holes have 90 and newer, and they're the worst. They all got money, and they all think they're better than anyone else. I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool to own a vette, but jeezus, you don't have to be a stuck up a-hole because you got a new one!!!:cool:

13. motorhead711

motorhead711

...and don't get me wrong, I love old school corvettes, and it would be bad ass to own a late 50's or early 60's one, but I would never be able to afford it. It just seems like the guys around that have the new ones HATE us guys that have the really old cars. The dudes in that club that have the older vettes are way cool and down to earth, and not all the people that own new vettes are jerks. A buddy of mine has a 2003, and he's the nicest guy in the world. Of course we were all pissed off at him because he traded his 57 bel air two door hard top just to get the vette, and he owned that car since his junior year in high school in 1980!!!! :eek:

14. rpol7966

rpol7966

Later Corvettes make great donors for a not so HAMB friendly rod project!

15. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think I'm glad we have never had Vettes sold here in Australia. Thinking about it, I don't recall ever seeing one!
    I think our version of owning a corvette and being an ass (Vettitis) are our billet laden fiberglass street rod builders.

16. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

You stepped on my toes also !!!!

[​IMG]

That is painting with a very wide brush my friend.

B:)B

17. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

That 88 Vette is worth about $5,000.00 hahahaha... ol Willy is worth alot more than that "Plastic Pig".

18. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Before I retired, the plant "manager" who was the typical ineffective pussy, saw some of the shop guys nice rides. Well he decides he wants to be a "car guy" too so he trades in his beige minivan for a Corvette, i dunno what year it was, they all looked the same for a few years there, and he was an instant car guy with great rapport with the "guys" now... at least that's what he thought; none of us could tell the difference....

19. Dr.Theo

Dr.Theo

what are the cheapo years for vettes now?

20. like 75-95 or so, particularly the 84-90s -

21. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Really ? No Vettes in Oz ?? I did not know that

22. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

You don't have to be a d-bag to own a vette, but it sure helps.

The exceptions prove the rule.

If you own a vette, good for you, and thanks for not telling us it was one of 105 built on a friday with red paint by a couple drunk union guys(I'm a union worker, I can say that)

Edit: I saw a 74ish with a big block for $3500 the other day...probably the only worse buy than a cheap camaro is a cheap vette! It was still bitchin' though. :D

23. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

The Vette guys sound like knuckleheads but I'd say you need a short course in diplomacy too. Threatening to stick your foot up someone's ass is no way to handle that situation.

24. I used to have one of those plastic toys when I was a boy.... but it didn't have turn signals.

All kidding aside, I would love to have a 58-67 Vette. Until such time, I'll have to add that to my bucket-list.....

25. If I was putting on the show, I would have had you park elsewhere away from the Vette crowd, since there were so many there already.

I would have gotten into trouble if I was there with you, I would have at least kicked his crybaby doll in the nuts.

Bob

26. How many of you "haters" (never thought I'd use that word!) have ever driven a C5 or newer Vette?

27. BinderRod

BinderRod

Rusty, let me guess. These are the clowns that are in the OutLaw car club

28. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Hey man , the Vette crowd we are talking about is alot like the Mustang punks , it's not the cars that make "haters" it's the pricks that drive them.

29. FANTASY FACTORY

FANTASY FACTORY

"I guess they have no idea what a Willys is worth."

Sorry bud, but this statement lowers you to their level.
    This is a hobby, a love, a passion, not investmant banking!

Percieved precious commodity is a Vette owners domain.

30. Tell us what you really think!!!!!!!! You should have put a can of gumout down it, reved it up a few times belching smoke and those vette guys would have disappeared.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.