Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kanter Auto Products

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roadkiII, Jun 29, 2009.

1. roadkiII

roadkiII
    from charlotte

Has anyone used their frontend rebuild kits? I'm wondering about the quality of the parts and the experience dealing with the company. I'm thinking about rebuilding the front suspension on my '53 Caddy.

Thanks,

jw

2. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

parts are good stuff mostly... dealing with the place itself is bullshit

my bud across the street when i was still in MN called them at 2:30pm on a friday to order some shit for his 51 shoebox... they said, and i quote (they were on speaker phone at the time) "call back on monday, we close in 30 minutes and dont want to open an order right now"

for some stuff, you really dont have a choice but to deal with them, but in my opinion, if you can score the parts someplace else, do so

3. I used their parts to re-build the 54 ranch wagon and they were pricy but worked great,,as for the phone service,,I didn't have any problems. HRP

4. manyolcars

manyolcars

Anything you can get from Kanter, you can get cheaper elsewhere, probably at your local auto parts store

5. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Got the rebuild kit for the front end of my '63 Pontiac from them. I could not find some of the parts from anyone else. The parts were all of high quality and have been in my car for several thousand miles with no problems. So, if you can find your parts from a local supplier, go for it. But if you can't, Kantor is the place to go.

6. rogg49

rogg49
    from michigan

the pars ive bought in the past are pretty good they did send me a messed up distributor kit i use them as a last resort they are very exspensive id try other places frist to check prices you could probably get the same thing for way less but if you do get it let me know how it is

7. teddyp

teddyp

i,ve uesed kanter for front end parts that i couldn,t find elisewere all parts were good but i live in jersery so i just go there and pick them up

8. Hyfire

Hyfire

I installed thier complete front end kits for my '41 Chevy, '51 Cadillac and '55 Plymouth. No problems at all, lasted many years... The price is a little higher and they are a little gruff on the phone but not really rude. I wouldnt use anyone else... I have been through my share of poor quality suspension stuff and I'll stick with what works. (Knock on wood).

9. DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez
    from So Cal

Good stuff and as promised.

10. I have picked up some hard to find stuff from Kantor...basically I talk to the guys at NAPA-then Kantor for the missing pieces.

My two cents!

11. Dirty Sanchez! God, that never gets old...love it.

12. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

I've recommended Kanter to a few people,and I've used them myself.Going to get my front end rebuild kit from them too

13. bruceg

bruceg
    from NWATL

I picked up some pushrods from Kanter. Ordering was quick and easy, parts came as promised. Significantly more expensive then if I ordered the same parts from some other place - so I shop around first. But they had what I needed when I needed it.

14. 53chevy

53chevy

Used them recently to rebuild the front suspension of my '60 Pontiac. No problems and the products were great quality. I tried to piece them but got tired and for Pontiac's, it can be a hassle. So I just went with their front end Package deal. Will deal with them again.

Ken

15. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

Used them many times. Never had an issue with them. Parts quality as good as any other aftermarket stuff.

16. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

Roadkill Kanter is good on all there parts A little high , but you get what you pay for. I use them NO problems ever. They are good when it comes to rebuild kits for anything driveline related because they bought out all the old big 3 automakers parts bins as the products were discontinued over the dealers counters. So most of there parts are factory. Especially exhaust,brakes kits.

17. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

I bought a bunch. I found the metal parts to be good, but the rubber ones not so good. The dust seals on my control arm bushings and my idler arm cracked and split after less than a year. I'd complain, but it's a bitch to change them even if they gave me new ones for free. I sleeved sliced pieces of heater hose in their place and zip-tied them instead.

18. Kerry67

Kerry67

I got the king pin rebuild kit for my 57 Pontiac and it worked perfect. Seem to recall so problems with shipping/delivery though

19. Used them many times and unlike what someone else said they do have stuff that you CANNOT get anywhere else in some cases. A litttle pricey but always good quality. A little slow sometimes too. I give them two thumbs up.

20. I purchased a front suspension and engine rebuild kit from them that worked out fine. A rebulit carburetor however was a nightmare and I got a lot of attitude on the phone.

21. rhew5r

rhew5r

www.espo.com Springs and Things is an option. I have ordered front end parts for my 56 Buick from Kanter and got good service and parts. I used Springs and Things for the 2" drop springs and heavy duty rears for the Buick and they were much cheaper than Kanter.

22. _charles_

_charles_
    from Tampa, Fl

I bought the complete front end rebuild kit from Kanter, a new drag link (Mine was busted) from Rare Parts, and lowering springs from Jamco (Although I think they shipped the wrong ones, the car sits too low).

Had an issue with outer tie rod ends, but not sure if it was car or parts related. Other than that, no major issues.

In hindsight, I should have gone with a rack and pinion conversion instead, or maybe a fatman subframe. There is not much you can do about a worn steering box in a 1953.

Charles

23. Bone Head

Bone Head
    from Kansas

I rebuilt the front end of my 1960 Galaxie with Kanter front end part's. Every thing was spot on and the service was great, stuff was delivered fast as well. I don't think you have any thing to worry about with them.

24. I got the front suspension kit for the 56 Pontiac I had from Kanter. Mine fit fine, but I've heard from the pontiac group on Yahoo that some of the kits don't fit at all. I've ordered other stuff from them without any problems - shipping or otherwise.

25. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

I have one of their deluxe kits for my 53 chevy car. Really good quality. It was just a pain to get a hold of them.

26. gonmad

gonmad

I got the rebuild kit for my power brakes in the 58 from them. I couldn't find the stuff anywhere else tho. It seemed pricey, but they had it and it worked just like it was supposed to..........till I had to get on the brakes hard once and it blew it out again. Now I got late model stuff on it.

So, it sounds like if you can't get it at NAPA, then get it from them!

27. roadkiII

roadkiII
    from charlotte

how would you have gone about a rack and pinion conversion? mustang 2 stuff?