Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pinstriping - I think Im starting to get the hang of this...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Probesport, Jun 29, 2009.

1. I have been teaching myself to pinstripe. The brushes are odd there is a hell of a learning curve but I am finally at a point that I like to do it and have a bit more confidence. I started earlier this year, some of the design elements (or parts of them) have been "borrowed" but I have tried to do my own as much as I can.

My first ever (back in Feb)
    [​IMG]

This past week or so...

My pinstriping box
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My bandsaw
    [​IMG]

A helmet I did for John
    [​IMG]

A guitar for a friend of my neighbor
    [​IMG]

My bucket
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  2. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

3. Hey your doing a great job! you will just get better and better as time goes by.

4. spot

spot
    from usa

wow, nice job! I'd love to learn to stripe but if I pick up another hobby, especially if it costs money, I think the wife will throw me out.

5. drflex

drflex

looks like you've got the hang of it!

6. Yes, you are! Just keep at it. Stripe everyday and remember, once you become proficient in pulling a good line, it's all about design, design, design there after...

Joel

7. 00 MACK

00 MACK

I like the fact that yoyu already have straight lines in the mix! Pretty soon youll be giving kickbacks to the salesman at the local Honda,BMW and Lexus dealerships.

8. shainerman

shainerman

Looks like youre progressing great! Your bucket looks spot on.

9. Flatheaded

Flatheaded
    from Nordakoda

Looks really good! Keep it up.

10. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

I think it looks pretty good, I have my own to try and get better at but right now I am concentrating on my art. Good luck and good job!

11. Crankhole

Crankhole

12. jchav62

jchav62

Awesome work! You have the gift...

13. Dam I really do have to get practicing! Your striping is looking good.

14. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

When I first started striping ,I thought that I was getting pretty good until I watched a real pro stripe a car, I could see then that I had a long way to go. Now after 30+ years in the biz, I enjoy seeing guys like you starting out on the journey . Take it slow and pay attention to the details . good luck

15. 21tat

21tat

Looks nice.

16. nitrojoe

nitrojoe
    from Midway,nc

Looks slick man , keep at it

17. whatever

whatever

i would pay you to do some for me

18. wild willey

wild willey

NICE WORK MAN!!! Smoothe lines!!!!! Keep it up!!!!! Keep us updated on more work!!!!!

19. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Thats funny i told my wife i wanted a striping starter kit from coast airbrush by the old house and she was like NO!!!!

20. Low Tech

Low Tech

Hey, I would pay, if I had the bucks at the right time. It does seem to be progressing well. You obvisiosly have artistic talent. I've talked to you before I think I've got the 52 buick special. Which is actually on the road now, still pops and sputters some when given fuel though. Maybe it just needs to be driven some more?

21. FATT STRIPES

FATT STRIPES

you're doin a great job, keep at it

its not that expensive, just dont buy the kit yet, nothing against the kit but dont spend the money until you know its something you want to do,a brush only runs around $12 and a can of one shot $8 - $12

22. ^^ I agree completely, that's exactly what I did 1 can and one brush.

Now, I will have to say that's grown a bit but that's how I started... :)

23. Looks like you are off to a good start!!!! Just remember to have fun and don't let yourself get frustrated!!!!!

24. Ain't that the truth. I started to become a bit better when I stopped being so critical of everything and trying to make everything within machinist specs. I had to switch out of that mindset that its never going to be "perfect" and I have enjoyed it much, much more.

25. sololobo

sololobo

Very impressive progress, I have tried it, "ain't easy" congrats on the lines. Keep on pulling em and laying em down. Atta Boy!! ~Sololobo~

26. Thanks again for all the compliments guys, I decided to offer the freebie service to all Michigan peeps on here.

GMB link