Register now to get rid of these ads!

So Cal 40 Ford folks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daveydeuce, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Cant find a web site for 40s Limited of So Cal, Anaheim, any help? I think they put on the 40 Ford day today.Thanx, Dave

2. kelgar50

kelgar50
    from socal

I was looking for there site the other day as well.I have found it once but lost the link.

3. I just got back from the show about an hour ago. What do you want to know?

4. We took our 40 to the 40 is 50 show in 90 as a member, would like to attend the 40 is 70 show I'm sure they will put on. Just looking for a web site that might have any info. I wish I would have noticed the all Ford day, we would have went. Thanx, Dave

5. I'll see what I can find out and get back to you.

6. Thanx!! We also have a unfinished full custom 50 Merc we have had since 75.

7. Weasel

Weasel

That'll be the magic word for Bad Bob - he'll try extra, extra hard now, but you had better lock that Merc up!:D

8. We are the second owner of it, was a stocker except for 56 T Bird 225 horse 312 that was put in it in 56. All custom work is done, just need the last of the lead , interior and glass and paint. Gotta put the 390 Cad in it to get it drivable again, oh well, Rome wasnt built in a day!!! LOL Dave

9. Weasel

Weasel

Damn, the 312 would have been sweet, but sounds like a great survivor revival. Of course we need pix!

10. flat34pu

flat34pu

:Dhaving trouble pasting it here but its, SO-CAL Speed Shop

11. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Correct name of the club is Forties Limited of Orange County- google it to find our website. 40 is 50 was put on by 3 guys, Art Branum, Vern Williams, and Dick Santana. Sadly, Art and Vern are gone, and I don't think Dick has any plans for a 40 is 70 deal. So far, the club has nothing planned (other than Forty Ford Day) to celebrate "40 is 70". By the way, membership is open to anyone, so join the club, get the monthly newsletter and you can keep up with our plans.

12. Thanx for the input Stu. Had limited response here so went out and looked at my "Forties Limited" badge and realized my mistake, went online and found it and e mailed Geo about the 40 is 70 event if one. Have retired again for about the 15th time so we will have more free time for various events. Sorry to hear about their passing. I first heard about the group when I was building the 40 in 74 and called Frank Oddo from Anchorage cause I needed a pedal set, he got me a set cheap and we occassionaly talked, super guy. We are rejoining and will be at Forty Ford day next year with mine and probably the wife's too. Thanx again, Dave and Sue

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  13. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Sadly, Frank Oddo recently passed away- I think I remember your coupe from "40 is 50" way back when- I was one of the "tour leaders", my name is Steve (Stupid asso is just what my "friends" call me)

14. Sorry Steve, just used part of your JJ id. Oh Well!! I read of Franks passing here. A real shame, super nice guy. Enjoyed talking "40s" with "Mr 40", he was kinda amazed we had anything in Alaska, he, like many, thought we were so remote that you wouldnt find anything up there, and there was not a whole lot til they really improved the ALCAN highway, now known as the Alaska Hiway, super freeway type now. I still keep AK plates on it, current one is: "50s 40", had NSRA on it it for about 30 years except for the 40 is 50 meet where I had "40 is 50" plate on it for that year. The coupe remains pretty much unchanged except the paint on the hood has went to hell, looks like the 40s/50s lacquer that used to "craze" so bad and I reinstalled the S.C.o.T on it again.