Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Name THREE Current INDY 500 Drivers....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, May 23, 2009.

1. sliderule67

sliderule67
    from Houston

I have a goal to live long enough that I stop hearing "The first (fill in the first fxxxxxx blank) to (fill in the second fxxxxxx blank)". Unfortunately, I will probably kick off before the first (one legged hermaphrodite buddist eskimo) to (paddle across the Gobe in an outrigger canoe) is announced. But I can hope..slide

2. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

E054 very cool

3. Racewriter

Racewriter

10K RPM is nothing for a DOHC v-8 engine. Without the detuned rev limiters, they could be turning 13K. Hell, NASCAR turns 358s up to 9800 RPM these days, and that's with a pushrod V-8.

Adjusting turbo boost would be a neat trick, considering that the engines are naturally aspirated.

The cars are way too over-downforced and underpowered - which removes a lot of the driver input. Take away half the downforce and add 100HP, and Danica could become a fulltime swimsuit model.

When did I turn away from Indy? When it became such a country club that you saw guys in the 500 who wouldn't even be able to win a local Modified feature at any decent dirt track in the country.

4. Chuck R

Chuck R

Who cares? They ruined the whole deal when they split it up and now I just don't care.

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  5. bingo !!

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  6. rowdy

rowdy

that guy, that girl, and that one fella that i think climbs the fence.

7. Good ole KIWI Scott Dixon does it again..............

Dixon's latest Indy win equals all time record

New Zealand's Indy Car driver Scott Dixon has won his third race of the season, taking out the Indy Challenge in Richmond Virginia.
    The defending champion's win is his 19th IndyCar Series career win, matching the all-time record for the series that was formed in 1996.
    Dixon held off teamate Dario Franchitti for the final 20 laps, but Franchitti's second place still keeps him two points ahead of Dixon in the overall championship race.
    The 18-race season reaches its midpoint next week in New York.

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks, Was that on the news or make any newspapers?

9. Louis Meyer, Bill Vukovich, Wibur Shaw.

10. kurtis

kurtis
    from Australia

Do i sense a little jealousy? Hmmm.

11. kurtis

kurtis
    from Australia

Geez Dan, what year are you living in?

12. I've been to Indy three times and have yet to see a 500. Two Brickyard 400s and a Formula One race.

I'd rather see them run the old Silver Crown cars - not the ones with the goofy side pods, the ones that look like real sprint cars - for say 100 miles on that track.

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

That was a series thing not driver, home counrty reply. Racing boils down to the Daytona 500 and INDY for me these days, I turn them on for background noise and try to do something constructive. Things automotive basicly died in 1965 IMO. :rolleyes:

14. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Rich non-American driver nr 1
    Rich non-American driver nr 2
    Rich non-American driver nr 3

Kinda makes you wonder where all the rich REAL American drivers are racing, eh? Where do they buy their rides? Gary

15. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

American drivers go to Nascar to get rich nowadays.

16. jamesgr81

jamesgr81

Indy cars and Indy 500 is just plain boring now. Used to be an American event, Offy's, Ford's and even a few SBC's thrown in. How about the turbine car?

Now it's just Honda vs Honda ....who gives a crap.

A few American drivers - but Danica Patrick who is the most popular driver never to have won anything.

IRL vs CART and selling out to Jap's doomed the series IMHO

17. ROCKET88COUPE

ROCKET88COUPE
    from TEXAS USA

it was over for me when the growl of an offy changed to the buzzing of the bee,would rather hear and see a offy roadster go around at 130 then a honda or?something else at 220

18. jamesgr81

jamesgr81

NASCAR is going the same way as IRL.

Selling out to the Jap's... in a year or two it will be Toyota vs Toyota and ...yawn who cares? They don't even name the makes of the cars anymore because they are making NASCAR into a circus where it's not the cars are the stars but a race of personalities on cookie cutter COT chassis.

NHRA is going down the same path. Look at the funny cars - they are the same with different wraps. Compton is emulating the NASCAR role model to promote the Pro show and to hell with all the sportsmen.

19. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

20. Chuck G.

Chuck G.

Honda was the only company that stuck around and offered engines to the series after everyone else pulled out. I don't think I would call that selling out. Everybody wants competition, including Honda, but someone needs to step up to the plate. They (the IRL) conducted some meetings this year with a number of manufacturers to get everyone on board with a new set of rules and get some of them to commit to supplying engines. The current economic meltdown changed everything, otherwise you might have already heard some announcements about new rules and engines. Once things get back on track, there should be some changes. The new rules will probably call for 4 or 6 cylinder turbocharged engines.

21. jamesgr81

jamesgr81

I knew she won the race in Japan...so what. Still hasn't anything yet to make her noteworthy if she was a man. She gets all the publicity because she is a woman. Another Janet Guthrie.

22. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Here's my three REAL indy drivers in the last 20 years:

Vogler - Hewitt - Stewart

Fella's, It's called a COCKPIT for a reason... Danicrap and Sarah would NOT be were they are if there names were Donald and Steven.. YOU SHOULD NOT BE ALOUD TO COMPETE AT THE 500 LEVEL UNLESS YOU HAVE EARNED A LEGIT CAHAMPIONSHIP IN SOME FORM OF MAJOR AUTO RACING.

This is a shirt desing I did two weeks ago.. I where it with pride.

[​IMG]

23. Okay, but Danica's not all that big on top, that's why they have those other girls falling out of their tops in the Go Daddy commercials. She might still slip in there.