Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bought my first pontiac today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by t-town-track-t, Jun 27, 2009.

1. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

Will pick it up some time next week. I guess I just wanted to brag and show off a pic of it. Thanks for letting me!

[​IMG]

2. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

That thing is a tank! VERY COOL!!

3. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

I believe that the 59 pontiac was the longest one ever built. The motor is complete and clean. Hopefully should not take much to get running. Wish it were a 2 door, but at least its a hard top.

4. OshkoshRob

OshkoshRob
    from Oshkosh

I'm jealous. I love those big cars....

5. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

6. El_Gato_Scott

El_Gato_Scott
    from So. Tex.

A friend of mine has a 1959 Starchief with the original seats and headliner. The headliner is covered with tiny little tone-on-tone stars and the seats have opposing starbursts on the front and back seats, ie; front bench had a star "shooting" toward the passenger side and the rear seat had a star "shooting" from the passenger side to the driver's side...very cool! That is a long car for sure! I hope you enjoy it!

7. madpole

madpole

i have always liked the duck tail top on those 4dr hardtops. makes a cool sled

8. greasy50chevy

greasy50chevy

very cool car, congrats!

9. One of the colest factory interiors ever. I love the stars

10. jazzbum

jazzbum

vista top! super bitchin. if it still has the 59 389, bore it over to 400 and have a dead solid, torque puking motor. ditch the trans asap though, if it's the stock box. slim jims suck ass.

ah, wide track pontiacs. became a man in a '59 vista top catalina. they're real, uh, roomy.

nice find, brotha.

11. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Neat car! It'll be a lot of fun to drive.

The slim jim was used from 1961-1964, so this car should have the four speed Hydramatic. It was a good, strong transmission. Also, I believe 400 pistons will have the valve reliefs in the wrong places to match the early heads, plus they're .060 larger so if it needs a rebuild I'd probably stick with 389 pistons and bore it .030.