Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2009 "Run What Ya Brung" Thread Drag Racing Reynolds, GA 9/26/2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MetalFlaked60, Jun 15, 2009.

1. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

This thread does drop down fast!!
    Tell the guys they dont have to race they can just bring their cars and hang out. They can show their cars too.
    Jamie

2. Just got a door prize this morning. Others needed more info and they want in.

3. Jimmy,
    Could you put up the list of race trophies we need and the ones that are already spoken for? Also, I was wondering if any of the clubs out there would be interested in a "fastest club" trophy... must have a minimum of 3 or 4 cars show up, then average the fastest 3 or 4 times in their club, the one with the lowest time wins????

Also, if any of the clubs would like to make a trophy for the show portion???

Just thinking here and wanted to put it down while it was in my head....

4. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

Who all wants a big poster? Im trying to get a list together so I can get them printed up next week.
    So far this is who I have down for them.
    48fordnut-4
    DogPatch
    LAYDRAG

5. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Pretty sure josh wants one too, wouldnt hurt to post "who wants BIG POSTER, RWYB with Dans sedan????" on the SFCC social...Any idea on cost yet i may take two.:D

6. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

I might have door prize too. Ill check

7. Yes I will try to get them up tonight. Been working steady this week and helping car club with another show this weekend in Reynolds.

8. Jamie - I'd like one for sure. I was also thinking we can pass out 8 x 11 posters to get the attendance up. I can print them if you can email me the file.

9. Jamie, put me down for two of the big posters...

10. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

I'm up for 2 posters, Jamie.

11. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

the more the merrier?

12. Jim,
    Did you say if any of the Southern Slingshots were going to show up?

13. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

probably not. I'm bringing the roadster.I might be talked into the dragster.

14. With a little help, you could bring them both...

15. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

thats true.don't know if i could stand that much fun.

16. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

oh come on man..... DRAGSTER DRAGSTER DRAGSTER!!!! :D

17. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

This is gonna be a blast.

18. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Jamie are you thinking B+W for the BIG posters or the Gold on the original art??? I REALLY like the GOLD looks classy! :)

19. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Jamie, I'm still trying to get around to another attempt to get that poster you emailed to me sized correctly and then I'll print some out to spread around. Even got a friend who is a sales rep for Jasper engines who says he'll put them out @ shops and parts stores where he makes calls. My problem is getting the thing sized correctly to fill the whole piece of paper, keeps coming out too small or so large it leaves part of it off.
    But it's just me being a bit slow with the pc anyway and not remembering to try it until I've already been in the gin and tonic that I grab soon's I get home in this hot weather. Far as that goes, I can be cosidered as "roadkill on the information highway"! LOL!! I'll work it out one of these days!
    Talked to another local friend and fellow hot rodder last night, doing my best to spread the word around the Griffin area. But it's amazing how many of these guys never use all that power they've built into their engines, just go to shows and cruise ins.
    Dave

20. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

I'm going to get them printed in the gold color.

21. RWYB

it's HAMBtastic....

22. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Yippie!!! That will be BADASS!!!!:D

23. I talked to Ronald with the Model A that won fastest hot rod today at a show. He says they will be back in September. They thought it was today. When I looked up at our big tree the area was claimed by them for today's event. Jimmy

24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Found this on Pg#9 this time!
    Hey yall, I gotta spend more time finishing up my roadster and less on re- booting this thread to the top! How "bout some help?
    Still spreading the word on this to all I know who are car lovers, traditional and not.
    Hell, a paid spectator is event income too, regardless of the vehicle he/she drove or rode to get there! And the better the track receipts for the event, the better towards preserving the event in the future!
    Dave

25. That's cool. Do you remember what he ran last year?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  26. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

HEY Tudor are you gonna be loaded fer BEAR or Squirrel this year???:D

27. yah....283 or ???

28. whatever it is,.... it'll have the "Coon Tune"

29. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Are we gonna have a no trailer rule or just change the name to "Run what Ya Drove"??? :D