Register now to get rid of these ads!

That chopped up A that starts fights...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Byron Crump, Oct 2, 2004.

1. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I had a wierd part of me really like that car when I saw it on ebay. I think it is a great study in extremes but looks pretty much useless for anything beyond a 10 mph pass around the faigrounds, well maybe you could hotlap it at the airstrip. No offense intended I still think it is a womderful work of art.
    And don't we know the guy shaking hands with mullethead? Pretty sure thats one of the Rockwall guys, I won't mention names.

2. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

you know, even though I dislike that car, and got into it with V-8 over it, I hand it to him for building it and I think it really sucks that this other guy is trying to take credit for it. Thats fuckin weak.

3. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

I must say the car was cool to see driving around the grounds at the show...it stopped people big time. Not my cup of tea but neat in a zinger kind of way.

I am glad you got on here V8 even with the firestorms...and I must say it is a shame this guy is taking credit for you car.

4. BELLM

BELLM

Last comment, Friday @ Goodguys I was standing by the main lane where everyone drives in, by the vendor area, holding a 32 Ford gas tank hoping the parking lot shuttle would show up soon. That thing was heavy! Earlier I had looked @ car show, there was an early 50s Chev PU with bed, no fenders, roof cut off, chopped ws, open engine, front of frame made to look like a 32 with spreader bar, 30s looking grilleshell, flat black. Surrounded by beautiful $50 to $100,000 cars, I watched people do just what I did, walk down the line, look and admire, keep on going but EVERYONE stopped and looked this truck over and smiled, it was different, out of the box. Some people have the knack for innovation but too many are like me & have to build it like everyone else.

5. JamesG

JamesG

I know what, the guy that built that car should now build a sedan like it. That would be wild looking. [​IMG]

6. Anderson

Anderson

[ QUOTE ]
    Some people have the knack for innovation but too many are like me & have to build it like everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, are you fuckin kidding me????? Innovation??????? Some ideas are best left in the toilet or dumpster, wherever they were snatched from, This thing is a hundred times worse than the A. I would GLADLY be caught jacking off driving that A around Volksrodproof than to be found dead within 50 feet of this complete abortion.
    [​IMG]

But whatever floats your boat man! No offence [​IMG]

The guy shaking hands with MM is (LURKER) Susumo, the guy with the baremetal 32 roadster, the rusty '46(?) Mercury convertible, and '30 Ford roadster pickup thing (not pictured). MM was trying to buy his '32, had to take the picture and get some dirt on him.

7. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

Wha? that's the style I had planned for the '51 Eric...damn I already went to Fastsigns to have the vinyl checked firewall sticker printed up

8. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Some people have the knack for innovation but too many are like me & have to build it like everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, are you fuckin kidding me????? Innovation??????? Some ideas are best left in the toilet or dumpster, wherever they were snatched from, This thing is a hundred times worse than the A. I would GLADLY be caught jacking off driving that A around Volksrodproof than to be found dead within 50 feet of this complete abortion.
    [​IMG]

But whatever floats your boat man! No offence [​IMG]

The guy shaking hands with MM is (LURKER) Susumo, the guy with the baremetal 32 roadster, the rusty '46(?) Mercury convertible, and '30 Ford roadster pickup thing (not pictured). MM was trying to buy his '32, had to take the picture and get some dirt on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only met Susumo once at his shop, was pretty sure that's who it was. I hope he doesn't sell that guy the 32, it is just about the coolest untouched period car I have seen.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

im not positive, but i think he bought this car i built off of me from ebay...

i can't speak to whether or not he was taking credit for building cars, but i will say that if they're the same guy, (and i think they are because he had told me he bought a car in the earlier pictures from a kid in long beach, but i think he's actually from mission viejo) he didn't come across as the kinda dick your describing.

despite what you all are saying the guy in this picture was a nice guy to deal with, easy to deal with, fired up about fast cars. i only met him via phone, but like i said, he was a nice guy.

thats my $.02 as somebody who has actually dealed with him..

in addition anybody who can melt rubber like this guy can't be all bad [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

again apologies if these aren't the same 2 guys...

but i think they are...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Well, your guy you speak highly of appears to be the same guy...and he is a liar pure and simple. Heard more of his tuff guy talk today watching him. He lied about Abombers car and now this one.

He won an award at Goodguys with the A, and I was standing in the area where the cars pull out from getting pictures done and as soon as he got his award he started to pull out, shook up a beer, yelled out the window "I won," and sprayed the beer out the window.

It got all over some poor old lady and my leg. The guy is just amazing. [​IMG]

11. eric, looks like you were already more than 50ft. from it when you took the pics.
    byron, what kind of award did he win, the d.a. award?

12. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

The award was "So Low" or something like that...he did not get the home built one (I think it was pretty well known by a few key people that he did not build it).

BTW, if that truck it thinking "outside the box" then put me in a freaking crate. Sorry dude, I gotta disagree strongly on that one. [​IMG]

13. V8

V8

hey Low Le Sabre, I was actually trying to find a tudor to build into that but ended up with that coupe, and wasn't going to cut the bottom 4 inches out either except it looked like rusty swiss cheese

14. V8, listen to Sammy and go to work for Scandanavian Erik.
    I've seen the future

15. V8

V8

I'd love too. I'd go to work for anyone who could teach me a thing or two but sammy is working there right now. also I'm trying to build a hotrod for myself now.But it's hard going to school from 5 to 1am . I use the rest of the time to work on my cars or someone elses, just finished putting a 39 trans into my neighbors 37 pickup this morning(had a 4 speed granny trans). I was stoked when I got it done in a few hours until I put the gear oil in and had some major leakage out the bottom of the bellhousing. Turns out there is a little plug under the input shaft and I never even knew it, anyways I tossed a freezeplug in it after I did the job twice, but learned a good lesson.

16. Anderson

Anderson

Preacher, they are definately the same guy.

You can even see his "shorty" '59 Chevy wagon in the background. A 4 door wagon with the middle section removed....I hate those kind of cars.

17. Dirty2

Dirty2

[ QUOTE ]
    I had a wierd part of me really like that car when I saw it on ebay. I think it is a great study in extremes but looks pretty much useless for anything beyond a 10 mph pass around the faigrounds, well maybe you could hotlap it at the airstrip. No offense intended I still think it is a womderful work of art.
    And don't we know the guy shaking hands with mullethead? Pretty sure thats one of the Rockwall guys, I won't mention names.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yea lets keep all the names to our selfs!!!! He was trying to buy their cars, Even went as low as to send his friends to make offers!!!

18. RockyMtnPits

RockyMtnPits

It has been and always will be that way since the internet.
    Use to be you sold something, it was a fairly local deal.. now its world wide.
    I sold a bike last year or so, and it ends up on the cover of the Horse with the guy saying that he changed this and that..(he couldnt come right out and say he built it, as that bike is fairly famous) but he sure tried to imply that he did extensive work.. even though the only changes are header wrap on the pipes and a lame paint job.
    I guess its a good thing I "sign" all my bikes inside and out!

19. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yea lets keep all the names to our selfs!!!! He was trying to buy their cars, Even went as low as to send his friends to make offers!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Was Marlboro man one of his friends? looks like he might be a toady, but could be just the shot.

20. Rusty

Rusty

Well well well. I went Friday to Goodguys, missed Saturday and went back Sunday. Well we finally pinned the ears back on Mr. Nascar. We was in the Winners corral and he came walking up on Dirty2's chopped Sedan and little did he know what he was up against. We had worked this up for a lond time. As we started talking about the sedan (Dirty2) asked if He had talked to the guy that had originally built the Coupe. After a few mumbles he admitted he did not build it but that he had rebuilt it. He said it was all jacked up and he had to fix it, but would not go into detail as to what he had done. Still appeared the same to me. It was pretty much a joke. I asked him what this Gas Monkey Garage was all about. He said he sold his printing company and was starting a hot rod shop in Dallas. This guy acts like he won the lottery. MOney is no object. He offered 10,000- to 25,000 on numerous cars this weekend and said he had the cash with him. Don't let the tattoos fool you about this guy. He has a half million dollar mobile home, a jacked up chevy avalanche, his girl drives a 700 Something BMW, and a little band of gypsies that worship him. He knows he is gay but when you got that kind of money I guess you don't feel so gay. He seemed like a nice guy but was just full of himself. Every car he had there he bought and was trying to buy more. Dirty2 Sedan got the chopped and dropped so I thought that was cool. Oh well there got to be goobers out there in the world.

21. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

[ QUOTE ]
    Well well well. I went Friday to Goodguys, missed Saturday and went back Sunday. Well we finally pinned the ears back on Mr. Nascar. We was in the Winners corral and he came walking up on Dirty2's chopped Sedan and little did he know what he was up against. We had worked this up for a lond time. As we started talking about the sedan (Dirty2) asked if He had talked to the guy that had originally built the Coupe. After a few mumbles he admitted he did not build it but that he had rebuilt it. He said it was all jacked up and he had to fix it, but would not go into detail as to what he had done. Still appeared the same to me. It was pretty much a joke. I asked him what this Gas Monkey Garage was all about. He said he sold his printing company and was starting a hot rod shop in Dallas. This guy acts like he won the lottery. MOney is no object. He offered 10,000- to 25,000 on numerous cars this weekend and said he had the cash with him. Don't let the tattoos fool you about this guy. He has a half million dollar mobile home, a jacked up chevy avalanche, his girl drives a 700 Something BMW, and a little band of gypsies that worship him. He knows he is gay but when you got that kind of money I guess you don't feel so gay. He seemed like a nice guy but was just full of himself. Every car he had there he bought and was trying to buy more. Dirty2 Sedan got the chopped and dropped so I thought that was cool. Oh well there got to be goobers out there in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Used to be a guy like that in a lake where my friend has a cabin. Nose candy got him there, selling not using. He tooled around the lake on a restored mahogony twin cowl Correct Craft with a 59a flatty. One of a dozen or so boats he had, don't know what he had on land.

22. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

thats NOTHING check this true story out from me at lead east...the day i crashed my bike..

"Hey Rob, I was at Lead East today. As I was leaving. I was able to spot your bike from across the parking lot. I was in the handicapped spots. Your bike was up by the road. I saw it. Drove over to check it out. I saw someone playing with it.
    I said "nice scooter, yours?" He said "yeah it is." I was able to keep a straight face while he went on about how he found this "Ol Skool Chopper" and just had to restore it. said it was a 56 pan. He bought it off a junkie. blah blah blah...
    It was a very funny bullshit story...
    I then Told him who it really belonged to. Gave him all the details I know of about the build. Then I told him to get his ass away from it. before he got hurt. Fortunately he was unable to see my walker in back of the truck. So he was actually intimidated. He split...
    I parked again. Toured the place again for the fourth time. Wanted to tell ya about it. Couldn't find ya.
    There were so many great cars. I liked the Beatniks. Their sleds were so kool. the car in THBC that was at Indian Larry's block party was awesome. I think it was a 49 Ford. My meds have my head kinda cloudy right now. so I can't remember right now...
    L8R
    Dennis"

Now....when i left, i was driving home and my rear fender bit and i went down....now....im thining this fat ass sat ont he trailer fender and bent it just a little so when the tire grew it bit.

23. FriedChicken

FriedChicken

Glad to see somebody knocked this prick off of the carbuilding soapbox he was on all weekend. When I asked this guy if he was going to be down at The Continentals in Austin in March he said, "Hell Yeah, I'm going to take the show down there." All I can say to that is it motivated me to finish building my Traditional(RatRod) Truck so I can say, "Where's the one you built?" Hell, could probably say that to all of the chit he's got.

If it ain't flat black and you didn't build it, THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

24. krupanut

krupanut

[ QUOTE ]
    Glad to see somebody knocked this prick off of the carbuilding soapbox he was on all weekend. When I asked this guy if he was going to be down at The Continentals in Austin in March he said, "Hell Yeah, I'm going to take the show down there."

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]
    I can pretty much guarantee that won’t happen.

25. colorado51

colorado51

[ QUOTE ]
    This is the guy that owns it now...several people refer to him as "mulletman".

[/ QUOTE ]

HaaHaa, he looks like Kyle Petty!

Dig the guy in the backround smoking the cig; His sporting the wife beater and bad-ass rockabilly hat, and he is wearing gay shorts and bright white Nikes. Just seems kinda funny to me!

26. 52Chief

52Chief
    from San Diego

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess a lot of us should shut the fuck up because our cars aren't flat black.

27. Mutt

Mutt

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess a lot of us should shut the fuck up because our cars aren't flat black.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently his traditional 72 ~Nova~ is flat black. Wonder if it has red rims? [​IMG]

How about if it's not flat black, but I DID build it - would it be OK to talk then?

Or if it's flat black, but I didn't build it?

This board is getting a lot of new rules recently....very confusing for us older guys....

Mutt

28. hankcash

hankcash

I prefer the term....

"if it's not fat and black, shut the fuck up"
    [​IMG]
    HC

29. krooser

krooser

What the hell is that blue thing?

30. Mutt

Mutt