Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wrecking yard pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by red3, Jun 25, 2009.

1. red3

red3

Was out at Webbs Auto Salvage in Ellicot CO. Got a few pics before my batteries died.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. red3

red3

A few more.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Hip

Hip

Some workable stuff there! Are you going to pick something up? Thank for the pics, i always like recent junkyard shots, does my heart good.

4. red3

red3

Old guy that owns the place is hard to deal with. He mostley parts things out its rare that he will sell a whole car, he has a 59 el camino that I have offerd twice what its worth and he wont budge. he wont even part it out.

5. Old Gold

Old Gold

Around here we call that a "used car lot"

6. Sauli

Sauli

Thanks for posting. That´s some cherry-looking iron right there. The´61 Bel Air would make a real nice drag car...Wouldn´t even paint it. Just hang the bumpers back on. Chrome steelies, bias-ply´s, nose-high...something shiny and loud poking through the hood...

7. MORE ya got my heart pounding Great shots wish I had a pocket full of coin

8. 55chieftan

55chieftan
    from Maryland

Does he say why? I mean, he's in the business of parting them out, so why not sell the entire thing? Maybe he thinks he can get paid more for individual parts? There definately seems like some legitmate starts to good projects there.

9. red3

red3

Shoe box fans would cry if they seen the cars hes got. some that are in buildable shape and lots that are cut up but have good tin and trim. He has titles for these things too. I was told he wont sell them because of alot of the titles arent in his name or somthing. The thing that dont make sense is the cars he wont part out or sell complete. there just sitting there rotting. He has some realy nice rides set aside for himself.

10. Tony

Tony

I'm still beside myself when i see photo's of non rust belt junk yards......
    I look and i see car's that, around here, would normally be in some guys garage being rebuilt, not in a yard...
    The yards around here for the most part have half eaten car's with little to no workable sheet metal left...that is, if those yards are even still around..many have gotten cleared out.

Thanks for the pics.

Tony

11. red3

red3

There are a lot of ruted out cars out there too. It snows bad out there in the winter He is good about keeping hoods down and doors shut on all the cars he can. Last I spoke to him he said the county is trying to shut him down. Its a shame, he has been there a realy long time.

12. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

If the county is trying to shut him down then he should say the titaling is the buyer's problem. They fall off the dmv radar after10/20 years anyway. They run the numbers and if its not reported stolen then they issue title. that way the fine is lessened for him and other folks do the hauling.
    WIN WIN.

13. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Damn...I want that 58!!...Def some nice stuff

14. DMFB

DMFB

Why.......why do I have to be such a broke ass?