Register now to get rid of these ads!

First they are Beautiful, then they sit.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by James427, Jun 24, 2009.

1. slobroy

slobroy

Interior kits should be available for that car. ABC auto upholstery sells reproduction interiors for Fords from 1955-1962. I just looked in Hemmings for the no. and it appears that Lebaron-Bonney has bought them out. The kit we got from them in the 80's was dead on. I don't know the cost of them now, back then for the money it was worth it.

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

I don't understand the reason for the post, $7,000 for a car that looks like it needs Zero body work and has a rare body style.

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

if this car isnt sitting in his garage yet...than he needs to have his head examined..
    or if he doesent have the coin..than pass it on to a fellow builder, before its forgotten about, again

4. Kerry67

Kerry67

7 Grand ? Money well spent. You get a bad ass car that you don't see to many of. Plus, like everyone said, a good buff and a tune up and you are driving !!!

No Brainer.

5. Firetop

Firetop
    from chicago

We've all seen it where someone will pay far more for something far worse.Its a cool ride with great potential.Buy it and drive it like you stole it!!!

6. James427

James427
    BANNED

Like I said in one of my first posts, I'm in the process of taking a run at it. But sometimes ya' can't push too hard or seem too eager if ya' know what I mean.

7. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

A hard balance for sure eager versus interested. Better to pay a little more and get it bought than play hard to get and come away with nothing.

I am into Chevy's but those are the one of FOMOCOs best body styles from the 60's.
    If it is all there and just not running with a really solid body and just needs interior, that is worth the $7000. By comparison I have seen semi-nice regular Ford Galaxie 4 door sedans in the 3000-$4000 range, I almost bought one.

Marty McFly