Register now to get rid of these ads!

Inline chevy 6 cyl goes 9.80

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 37 BILL, Nov 6, 2007.

1. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

very very very cool...

2. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

Can this car be driven daily(short and long distance) on that motor? I'm just curious.

3. joebuick

joebuick

love the chevy six in the stude. very cool. congrats on the pass and good luck this weekend.

4. Twisted6

Twisted6

Car is built for the track. It also runs on elky. But with it's gearing I'm sure it would be a nice street ride. 3.70s are street able.I beleave that's what the rear gear is now. And i don't remember what Boost he is running.

5. 37 BILL

37 BILL
    from Bristol CT

Wow....you guys beat me to it......Sunday went great....as you have already been told....and yes the gear is 3.73...and no it is not very streetable....the block is totally filled....only water in the head....but thanks for all the kudos....its a blast to drive....and also a blast to listen to these guys.....very smart...very very smart.....and very passionate , we all are....about this car....i have sure learned a lot ....I try to be a sponge when I am with them.....We already have big plans for next year....more boost....more cubes.....more Fuel....and if they have thier way...a driver who goes on a diet this winter....I just told them to kake more power....HA HA HA....I will post pictures tonight....my dad got some great wheels up shots....and great engine pictures....thanks again...BC

6. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

any vid? i would love to hear what that thing sounds like!!

7. 37 BILL

37 BILL
    from Bristol CT

No...no video...sorry.....and someone asked how much boost....hard to get perferct reading ...but...usually mid 20's.....and we did NOT put on the big turbo yet...they changed thier minds...so sunday was still working on the tune with the bigger port nozzles.....but what a way to go into winter......

8. Twisted6

Twisted6

Great JOB Bill
    I didn't mean to jump the gun on you. But I had to :)

9. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

2 bolt mains? so? Chevy 194-292 6 bangers have SEVEN main bearings. the only issue with them in High Horsepower situations is Torsional Rigidity... THey need to be balaced perfectly and have a very good Dampener on them... or they like to break cranks.. usually at about the 5th Main Cap...

10. sololobo

sololobo

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Inpressive!! Thanx for sharing with all of us. My buddy x-derelict can't even sleep since he has seen this! Thanx for posting the shop address on your post x-man, really some way cool stuff!!---Sololobo/Roadburners of Omaha
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

11. Gee Whizzz.....Congrats to this machine....really cool
    Skot

12. Twisted6

Twisted6

13. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

that vid is wicked man! thanks for posting it.

14. Twisted6

Twisted6

Hey Your welcome. I'll be adding it my web site Once I get the hard
    copy. To go along with the Others. The Thanks really goes to Leo's Crew Chief.

15. rebelce

rebelce

Thanks T6, It was a treat watching Bill make that run, he's an awesome driver. For me working with Leo and the crew, talkin' the changes we need to make and wonder why the @#^&#37;$#%% thing won't go this time, is where the fun is. It's really beginning to wake up and Bill puts on a great show smoking the tires and wandering around the pits afterward, his eyes rolling around, mumbleing something about, "WoW, thErE suuRRe seeMMs too BEE a LOT of AlcHOOhall Fumes IN tHhERE". (Sorry Billy, the devil made me do it!)

16. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

thats impressive.

17. 37 BILL

37 BILL
    from Bristol CT

Wow....cool vid....the only problem with driving it....is ...I never get to see it go down the track......and as far as the fumes......its the best high in the world....even better when it goes in the nines.....only thing our crew chief and owner need to work on ....is ONLY MAKING ONE CHANGE AT A TIME......right Armond......anyway....thanks for posting the vid....and for all the great times this summer....BC

18. Twisted6

Twisted6

Your Welcome Bill
    Just keep it inline and rubber side down.:)

19. rebelce

rebelce

This link also has a few other videos from the Bonneville salt flats and pictures of many other six powered cars. Troll around, can't hurt! :)

20. Twisted6

Twisted6

Sure it can It could give someone The Inline fever :) hehe

21. rebelce

rebelce

Aw T6, what could that possibly hurt? Might feel good! Have you seen the January 2008 issue of Hot Rod? I was going to dump the subscription post card in the trash till I saw the Bonneville write up. Love that old iron. I'm surprised they didn't have a picture of the Ferguson's streamliner. 300+ with a Jimmy ain't shabby. Don told me it ran on nitro and exhaust valves.

22. Twisted6

Twisted6

Nope I haven't bought any of them Mags In a long time now. Not time to read them let alone just flip thought one.

23. 37 BILL

37 BILL
    from Bristol CT

Well we have a real update.....after that run on the video....we went to a chassis shop for a new cage and front struts.....and next thing we new....all that was on the jig was a roof and quarter panels.......so here we are 1 an 1/2 years later......all chrome molley...6.0 cert kickin new car....and first day out...after a little tuning....9.62 at 138......and the car is driving into tire spin at 30 to 40 feet.....and I am pedaling like crazy...soooo....all new spring and chassis re scaled....Epping here we come....if it ever stops frekin raining here in the north east....

24. 48bill

48bill

Amen to the rain.

Maybe an ark wb a better use of all our times.

Good luck at Epping nephew.

25. 37 BILL

37 BILL
    from Bristol CT

Hey....thanks....I didnt know you were on here

26. Twisted6

Twisted6

Hey 38Bill
    I'm happy you finaly jumped in here for a up date this, i was begaining to i had to go find this topic lol But anyway you guys will get it stuck to the black top Then she'll need wings to hold it down and back hehe. Great job :)

27. LowFat48

LowFat48

28. Alfster

Alfster

Fantastic............. V8's are just a passing fad anyway

29. Hudsonator

Hudsonator
    from Tennessee

OUTSTANDING!

Its all about the 6's boys. Keep up the good work, you're making room for us 6 cylinder lovers everywhere.

Leo may need to write a new book, it seems some new tricks have been learned since the original. Oh yeah, I'd buy it.

Hud

30. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

That's outstanding stuff right there.