Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Helmet Post

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Muttley, Jun 5, 2009.

1. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

Did this one for the driven dead...
    best bike award @ the rose city round up

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 1940 Willys Coupe

1940 Willys Coupe
    from Texas

For The Lunch Crowd

3. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

I found this one in the bottom of a pile of clothes in a thrift store dressing room. $2! I had been wanting one O' these for a long time.
    After like $2 of diamond quilted walmart material and some stretchy black stuff I redid the lining. I love it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. DaveC.

DaveC.
    from Columbus

I'm a lurker out here a lot, always reading the threads involving custom paint. Thought I better post a couple photos of helmets I have painted. The green one I sold in April on Ebay.

Got a couple almost ready to put on Ebay in the next couple of weeks. The purple-ish one is one of the two that will be on the auction block, it's almost finished.

Hope you guys dig them. I'm a big fan of the 70's 'bad paint', and metal flake of all types.

-DaveC.

Attached Files:

5. great paint.good to have ya on board Flake is what its all about

6. DrewDay

DrewDay
    from Austin, Tx

Heres my two, although ill probably end up with a shitload more at the rate im going.:rolleyes: Im developing an addiction:D
    [​IMG]

7. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Those kickass DaveC!!!!!
    You need to post yer stuff in the Fri art show.....good stuff!

8. I've got some great pic's from the LARS!!! There was aguy selling some cool helmets!!! I'll post them on thursday...

9. DaveC.

DaveC.
    from Columbus

Thanks for the input on the helmets - these will be on Ebay hopefully over the 4th of July holiday weekend, for your bidding pleasure... don't fight the addiction to metal flake custom painted helmets !

Just search 'think naked helmet' ..... heh.... it's a concept, and if you truly believe, it works.

One photo with the 'think naked' gold leaf lettering complete is a different helmet, the other 2 will be finished soon... and on Ebay ( shameless plug for my own junk ) .. they are still in progress.

Flake is definitely where it is at! It is magic!

thanks again-
    -DaveC.

Attached Files:

10. 1940 Willys Coupe

1940 Willys Coupe
    from Texas

Hey Dave C.

Great work on the Helmets!

Lets keep this thread going!

1940 Willys Coupe

11. DaveC.

DaveC.
    from Columbus

Digging this thread back up.....a few photos from various places, mostly Ebay..... good old helmets, and I stuck 2 photos at the end of the ones I have currently on Ebay. Far Out!

-DaveC.

Attached Files:

12. Here' one for the ladies that i did.

Attached Files:

13. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Bluto, by far the best helmets on this thread ! Nice collection

14. axle

axle
    from Drag City

WOW, Thats very neat too !

15. georgedombeck

georgedombeck

I asked a nurse once about putting my blood type on my motorcycle racing helmet. She said its a waste of time. I said "why"? She said no hospital in the world would give you blood without matching it first. They would never take the word of a helmet or even embroidered blood type on a racing suit. I found that interesting. Alot of racing accociations require it.

16. GasserKid

GasserKid

Little off topic but heres a helmet of my Grandfather. Broke the world speed record for rotary wing aircraft in the early 60's in a UH-1 Huey as an army test pilot.

[​IMG]

17. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

if i were interested in buying one of these helmets,NOS or vintage, where is the best place to look?

18. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

bought this hellmet in the 60's and it was old then,dug it out the garage one day and scraped at least 10 colors of spray paint off(when I was a kid)here's the base,maybe I will finish it someday

Attached Files:

19. RatRoy

RatRoy

Some of my old race helmets.....

Attached Files:

20. there used to be one like the middle one hangin on the wall at the SIDECAR BAR in Independence Ks. years ago

21. RatRoy

RatRoy

there used to be one like the middle one hangin on the wall at the SIDECAR BAR in Independence Ks. years ago <!-- / message --> <!-- sig -->

Wasn't mine, I drag raced on the West Coast......:)

22. DaveC.

DaveC.
    from Columbus

AxleArmada66-

The best place to find a vintage helmet like some of these is a garage sale, where they will let it go fo $20 !

Ebay - search 'metalflake helmet' or 'metal flake helmet'. The problem is, they are pretty popular, so the prices for the good ones are up there.

One more - in progress..... from 'Viva Knievel', the movie. A Bell Star II, I don't know if Evel ever had one of these for jumping, but this is my take on one of the helmets from that movie.... it will be on Ebay in about a week...

-DaveC.

Attached Files:

23. Joe Grippo

Joe Grippo

I have posted these before in one of the collection threads but in case someone missed 'em...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Here's the one my 3 year old daughter has claimed as hers "because it's purple, Daddy". She wears it when riding the atv around the yard.

Attached Files:

25. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

26. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

I got two at a swap meet... One candle apple red flake, the other the blue "winged" flake. They were marked $3.00 ea but I beat him up and got the two for $5.00!!:D

27. wvenfield

wvenfield

28. Lot's of nice posts in this thread. When I rode I had a fluorescent green helmet. Not real pretty but it caught the eye and may well have saved my butt a couple of times. No doubt these metalflake helmets do the same thing, with much more style. Incredible skill and beauty.

29. Mutt

Mutt

:eek::eek::eek:

Attached Files: