Register now to get rid of these ads!

car shows

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brendog67rat, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Have to agree about the registration.....etc. :eek: We two have become selective as
    to where we go to shows. Jalopy Showdown rules:D:D

2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Stay home. Problem solved. And, more parking for people who like to go.

3. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

I went to a car show last weekend, saw a lot of cars of all styles, didn't count the differences, just looked and enjoyed. It rained a little, didn't gripe about that either.

4. 210sedan

210sedan
    from upnorth,wi

No swap=no go

5. I'll hit about two car shows a year that show off "HOW MUCH MONEY CAN I SPEND" just to see what is out there. I prefer the shows where the guys wrench their own in their garage. Those are the guys that you can talk to and share ideas and advice.
    Give me a little rust and primer anytime. It makes me feel at home.

6. That's kind of where I am with it too. Just hanging out with friends and meeting new ones is one of the best things. I've been in all kinds of car clubs and there's always an asshole or two to muddy the water. Car shows are the same way. Seeing unique cars and ideas. Shade tree engineering.
    I was in the Car Craft Chevy Nats in St Paul in 2004 with my 66 Hertz.
    Whole different vibe than your usual rod show. Camaro OD. I don't even like to go to that one as a spectator. Cruise nights here are pretty darn good. There's TONs of them. The small town shows are about the best. More laid back.