Register now to get rid of these ads!

? SBC Early Style Script Valve covers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cball, Dec 5, 2007.

1. cball

cball

Are there any companies re-making the chevorlet script valve covers. Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

2. squirrel

squirrel

why remake them, they're still available used. And you know the repops wouldn't look right.

3. cball

cball

I was looking to get a pair as a christmas gift without needing to strip them and powder coat them, but I will if I need to.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

If you want new style, with holes for breathers and fit later heads, Billet Specialties offers them. If you have early heads and need original ones you will have to check sites that sell things thru online bids.

5. atomickustom

atomickustom

Somebody is making some finned aluminum ones that look like the old Corvette valve covers but the script says "Chevrolet" instead of "Corvette," but I assume you don't want finned aluminum or the price that goes with it?
    You can probably pick up a set on eBay that are already cleaned and powdercoated.

6. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

If you have to have new ones check a resto place like Classic industries.

7. upzndownz

upzndownz

i just saw a guy selling repops at tturkey run a couple of weeks ago sorry dont have a name but they're out there and available

8. I have a old set with the offset holes if thats what you need. PM me if interested.

9. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

I bet PML is the place you're thinking of... they actually make a multitude of styles and scripts for many different engines... nice covers, but pricy.

http://www.yourcovers.com/newvalve.htm

10. joebuick

joebuick

i think you would be better off just getting originals there still around and dirt cheap. I picked up a set with a small dent in on of em for 5 bucks at a swap last summer even after redoing em there still cheaper the repops.

11. They have been repoping them for years, any Corvette supplier will have them, they range from about $125 for the ones with the casting line in them to $250 plus for NCRS correct repos.

12. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I think there might be some confusion as to whether you are looking for stamped steel valve covers with the chevrolet logo, or cast aluminum valve covers with the corvette logo...

I had a set of the stamped steel ones in chrome on my original 67 SS 295hp Camaro and remember them being a little rare even back in the 1980's...

13. squirrel

squirrel

I guess I better quit giving them away then

14. I have a single. Looked in the cab of a Chevy truck going to junk and there it was.. of course just the one, but it was free. Just like the Dodge Red Ram Hemi cover..and the Pontiac M/T cover.. damn things are getting like socks out of the laundry.

15. mvphomes

mvphomes

I have a set Very Very clean

16. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

You realize that the guy was looking for them a year and a half ago ?

17. Danger Diaz

Danger Diaz

18. 31modelo

31modelo

?SBC script valves covers? where are they,who repops them? You live in a cave? Mr. Charles

19. Just in case some other idiot comes along and bumps this thread from 2007 back to the top, I sold the Dodge Red Ram single valve cover a very long time ago.

20. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

I have one. making a desk lamp out of it.

21. 31modelo

31modelo

What about the Pontiac MT do you still have that?

22. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Back from the dead

I just bought some from a HAMBer for my 53 chevy's 327