Register now to get rid of these ads!

spotlight opinons on my 50 yes or no.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hombres ruin, Jun 21, 2009.

1. I love spotlights on customs but this car just doesn't seem to be right for them. I think it may be due to the rearview mirrors. I think it will result in a cluttered look at the A pillar. Most customs with spots don't run outside rearview mirrors.

2. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

spotlights are kool but I WOULD NOT drill any holes in that nice ride and by the way I have a UNITY spotlight for sale in the parts section[​IMG]

3. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

man its a tough crowd,i know it may look cluttered,i agree.I think i will leave it alone,its nice as is.Lunatic thats tough on me ;)

4. Good choice your car is perfect the way it is now. Why mess with a good thing.

5. jdk

jdk
    from Nebraska

Agree 110% its perfect as is!!:cool:

6. DerKafer

DerKafer
    from San Diego

Spots would clutter it too much. Leave it be.

7. DerKafer

DerKafer
    from San Diego

Spend the money on NWA cds...

8. DrJ

DrJ

Only along with a chrome visor, and a Continental kit... and flame throwers!!! :rolleyes:

9. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

NWA cds,yeah only to roll out of the goodguys show,right?..yeah not touching it ,leaving it be.

10. KIRK

KIRK

I'd say no. Looks really nice the way it is.

11. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

I really love spots...But on this car I would have to say no. The car is absolutely beautiful but with spots on it fake or real will just be too much. If it didnt have mirrors or an antenna I would say yes...but beautiful car though...

12. Cshabang

Cshabang

i vote none..never really cared for them...They seem to break the lines on most cars in my opinion

13. cafekid

cafekid

hey man whats wrong with flame throwers lol.....

ya i put dummies on my car and im running a factory side mirror and i really dont like it im gonna be losing the sots soon as for hombre.... dude id leave it be its too clean lookin

14. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

I know I like your car. ALOT. I don't know if I like spots on it.

15. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

I like dummy spots sometimes, I'm not the only one, they're on ass loads of cars. My petpeeve is dummy spots with side mirrors, it just looks cluttered and dumb to me, JMHO.

I acutally bought some new dummy spots to put on my shoe, but after seeing another hambers shoebox that looked amazing without them I changed my mind.

The old ones would rattle and vibrate anyhow, just annoying.

FWIW I heard that back in the day dummy spots were the way and real ones weren't considered cool, in the 50's as I recall. I think I read it here on the hamb somewhere.

16. I'm with the other guys....the car is bad ass already...if you want to keep tinkering get another project, b/c your '50 looks done to me.

17. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

shoeboxes have the perfect a pillar for spotlights do it! get some appletons

18. HotrodTrash

HotrodTrash
    from Hanford,ca

I vote for no spots. I agree with the guys on here, on mild and full customs...no...stockers?...sure.

19. No to the spots

20. I love REAL spots. Guys with fake spots probably like fake tits too- but I like those real as well. Your car is outstanding. I REALLY like it. I love it, actually. I think it would look great either way. Ultimately, it's up to you. Who gives a shit what everyone thinks... build it the way YOU want it. If you wanna slap some cheap-ass fake spots on there- go for it. Whatever floats your boat, Man.

21. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Mainprop i know what you mean,i see your ride has spots and it does look great,i dont want to clutter the front with unnecessary chrome.To detract from the smooth look might spoil the overall look.I think i will pass on the sots and consider it done for now.Well...its never done is it.

22. Car looks great, but hey it's your ride. Not a fan of dummy spots on any car let alone a shoebox ford. I have a friend that has 51 Crestliner with working spots on it, but it's deluxe model and they look great. A bottom line car like I have 49 Ford business coupe no way, so like what some said before who cares what we think. Just do what makes you happy.