Register now to get rid of these ads!

our son had a stroke

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flamed58, Jun 22, 2009.

1. flamed58

flamed58

Our son, Stude-Sled had a stroke on June 19. He is in Cox Hospital in Springfield, MO. He is progressing, but it is slow. His left leg is a little "slow" but he can walk. His left arm "tingles". On Saturday he said his arm was hurting a lot along with the tingling. His nurse called his doctor, and he said that was good news, that meant the blood was beginning to flow again to his arm. He has his strength, but the motor skills are not there now. He will be doing therapy and rehabilitation for quite some time. We thought we were going to loose him. Now he has to keep a positive outlook, which is a little difficult to do right now. He said the feeling he has in his hand and arm feels like when your hand goes to sleep, that is why he can't tell about the grip of his hand. This is bothering him a lot. He needs your prayers. He is 37 years old with a 10 year old daughter that she says she loves her Daddy more than anyone else in the world. I don't want her to be without her Daddy. His wife and family needs him. Please keep Brian in your thoughts and prayers. Wanda and Dusty Taylor

2. RAY With

RAY With

Our prayers will be with him and hope for a speedy recovery.

3. Prayers and good thoughts for a speedy recovery are on there way......god bless.

4. on our prayer list.

5. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

sad to hear this,,,prayers and positve vibes sent your way,,,,,,,,,,,,,

6. -Brent-

-Brent-

Get better Stude-Sled! We're all pulling for ya.

7. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

take it slow - my wifes cousin (who is like a brother to her) had a stroke at the age of 34 - he is coming back slowly - the time is the issue - it just seems like it takes forever.......but try to keep up his spirits best you can and focus on the end result which will be getting back up and getting back into life

Scott wasnt able to walk - he is now walking and can speak again - although it is difficult to understand.....but again over time they say that he will get better - our thoughts and prayers go out to ya

John Wells

8. flathead4d

flathead4d

Prayers on the way. Tell him the therapy is the most important part of recovery.

9. onebigdog

onebigdog
    from ca

Heavenly Father, we ask for your Love and care to be poured out on Brian, thank you for sparing him from more serious complications. You are the great physician and our creator and you love us enough to hear and answer our prayers. We ask for comfort and peace and a complete physical healing for Brian. Bless his family for having the faithfulness to believe in the power of prayer, in Jesus name we thank you in advance for what you are about to do. Richard Crumley

10. jkherd

jkherd

Tell him to keep a positive attitude and to not get discouraged.

11. synthsis

synthsis

best of luck in a speedy recovery. gotta get that clutch leg and shifter arm back to 100%!

12. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

Hopes for a great recovery and tell him to take whatever time it takes to get it done. A good attitude is always helpfull.

13. custom50

custom50
    from Indiana

WE will have prayers put on the list that helped our 37-year-old daughter last year when the dr.'s thought she had a brain tumor. She has three boys the oldest will be ten soon. Good luck to your family, and especially your son to make a full recovery.

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery

15. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

You have my famlies thoughts and prayers headed your way.

16. Rockit53

Rockit53
    from Berwyn, IL
    1. 37-38 Chevys

my thoughts and prayers are with him

17. Roothawg

Roothawg

The Chapel is praying for your son.

18. Prayers for Brian and his family!

When ones head is down, even a speed bump looks like a brick wall. Keep your head up and focused on the goal. Concentrate on getting better, a little better each day, realizing it will not be an overnight recovery.

Godspeed Brian.

19. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

All our prayers to you and your Son ,

Be strong and keep the faith ,

The Lord will Keep you and help you in your time of need ,

Tell your Grand Daughter that God is with him and all of your faimly.

God bless you ,Its has to be hard to watch your Son under this heavy time.....

20. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Prayers from Oklahoma, stay strong, I know folks who have come back 100% from strokes. Of course a little Devine intervention doesn't hurt.

21. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

thoughts and prayers for your son.

22. flamed58

flamed58

Thank You for all the support and prayers. It means so very much to us. Brian needs all the support and prayers that we can give. Again Thank You. Wanda and Dusty

23. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

my thoughts and prayers are with him...He should make a 100% comeback being that he is young and hearing that he is walking. the motor skills will come back just tell him to keep working at it.

My dad had a stroke in his 50's and made a full recovery, A cousin of mine and a friend of mine both had strokes in the 30's and made full recovery. So it is possible.

EDIT: also for those of you out there get to know the stroke symptoms! If you think you are having a stroke or think someone is having a stroke call 911 or whatever the emergency number is in your area and do it quick. Time matters when dealing with strokes.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  24. aldixie

aldixie

Prayers for a speedy recovery.

25. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

May God bless you, and I'll be praying for you son.

Phil 4:13

26. HotRod33

HotRod33

we will keep him in our prayers... My son has had problems in the past and God hears all prayers.....

27. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

Wanda and Dusty, prayers for Brian and all of your family at this time.

28. Thoughts and prayers. Hoping that he continues on a speedy recovery.

29. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

Pray'in for a speedy recovery for you Brian. Deepest sympathies to the family. Get well soon.

30. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Prayers from VA ... God Bless you all!