Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats it worth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jlow, Jun 20, 2009.

1. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

just got off the phone with a guy local to my area .he has for sale a
    29 model A sport coupe he sent pics of this car and its preety much surface rusty but very sold lil pin holes no rot or damage doors open and close rumble seat clean and workable with papers chassie grill and p.a title.hes asking alot what is it worth nothing needs replacing except the gas tank please help...

2. Jarred Hodges

Jarred Hodges

if you could post pics of it we could give you a better idea of what its worth

3. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

Im not on my own computor so i cant post em sorry ..i know its clean built enough to know i just wanna know the market these days ..its clean just apart wich is great for me hard parts done ..lol

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Everyone finds A Sport Coupes, except me why is that? We'd need a photo to give an accurate guess but 5-10 grand sounds like the range based on what you posted.

5. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

Ok sounds about what he wants ....trying to get it for a reasonable price...

6. deuces94

deuces94
    BANNED
    from Minnesota

Last summer a guy in MN sold one that had been stored at my house for 12 years for $4500.00 complete. The guy that bought it got it running with some gas and a good battery and sold it for $6500.00.

7. PoPo

PoPo

I'd give 5500 probably, but can't know without the pics. Its only worth what you will pay or the next guy in line will. So don't let it be the next guy and you can have it in your garage.

JC

8. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

no garage but i will ge this damn thing i aint passing it up i let my coupe go for god damn nothing i want this car its perfect patina and the guy has it sitting on his freakin porch just waiting for me to get it...yea i said porch of his house ...lol and its not rotted ..

9. No pics. Car is worth one dollar to a million dollars. Agree somewhere in the middle where you are both happy. Simple.

10. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

11. phukinartie

phukinartie

I don't know but I love your music :D Sorry I've had a couple drinks

12. Wicked50

Wicked50

give him a 6 cases of beer for it lol

13. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Without pics,Your just another Fisherman.

14. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

price varies from one part of the country to another, plus right now the eco is in the fuckin tank so...

check ebay, subtract 50% for ebay inflation then subtract another 25% for the economy

15. bykerlad

bykerlad
    from australia

there is afterall only three prices....1 what he wants for it.....2 what you want to pay for it.... 3 what you both agree on.......when you get the car home and you then think you`ve paid to much for it ...so what you have it ,we dont and you`ll only cry once

16. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

the guy is firm on 3000 im trying to chew him down cause of the economy but he wont go down for the price he wants its worth it ..im still gona try to chew him down but not low ball him ....i wont insult the guy but i will try to save some $$$$..

17. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

he was priceing it according to brookville new bodies i was like listen ya not getting anymore than what ya asking for it .its origanal but thats about it ...still needs a little work...

18. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

after i pick it up ill post pics of it on the chassie i just built for my sedan im gonna swap the sedan for the sport coupe .im not really a sedan kinda guy...

19. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

20. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

you said he was asking "a lot" for this thing... however, $3000 for what you're describing is a deal, in any economy.

PS... what the hell is a chassis? some english chick with large tits?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  21. Weasel

Weasel

"Reasonable" = lowballing, chiselling much less than it's really worth, trying to steal it cheap.

22. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

when you are outta work for 6 months 3000 will put you in the poor house my friend ...i know its a good deal ...but i need to make shure i dont break my pockets for another build ..or at least make shure im going to make a couple bucks on the rest of the parts i dont need

23. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

as someone who's been there i can say this... you have no fucking business buying a project if you've been out of work that fucking long. if you're buying it to flip and make a little money in the process, i wish you luck, cause there are a lot more like you out there right now with no money.

24. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

nah im not flipping this i have others to do that with ..i want this for me ...

25. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

plus the sedan i just finished im going to sell the body and use this one for me

26. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

im trying to sell something to buy this one and not come out of my pocket ..thats why i wanted to make shure he wasnt asking to much...

27. 55chevr

55chevr

When you get done with the car you will put in $10,000.00 and a years work ... you are trying to shave a couple of hundred ... none of which will matter in the end ... If you want a Model A, $3000 isnt a lot of money for a complete one. I paid almost that for a coupe BODY. Just buy it.

28. deuces94

deuces94
    BANNED
    from Minnesota

Where do I get one of these chassie's and what do her teeth look like? LOL

29. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

sorry ment to say frame..
    the good:
    anyway i bought it and for the money i got a shit load extra...
    complete boxed frame
    set of 16 inch real kelsey wheels
    nice grill shell
    complete steering
    every bit of hardware
    complete kicked up and boxed frame
    1957 chevy rear with a 4 link set up
    real nice complete hood with sides
    only interior i got was the rumble seat still intact
    and a bunch more
    the bad :
    so the guy who had it was going to make a roadster (rat rod ) is what he called it
    so what he did was go ahead and cut the tops of the doors off so the doors were even with the back of the car where to wood would be for the top that wraps around the back..and he also cut down the windsheild frame and cowl ...
    what i need to know is the measurement of the winsheild posts so i can re-weld in what he took out...anyone please..let me know ..also what can i re seal the tank with so i can make shure it wont leak if i fill it with fuel i want to use the origanal parts ..everything else is preety solid ...so a week of welding and grinding it will be back to factory..

30. 50'custom

50'custom

pics ? no pics = it didn happen,you know that.....good luck as always
    50'Custom