Register now to get rid of these ads!

Photo album ---Kustoms

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by twochops, May 8, 2006.

1. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Let's bump this back to life with some pictures of the Rare Lobrid

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. this thread is dying!

3. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

nice shot also love the cover on the steering wheel

4. str8Pipe65's

str8Pipe65's

some real bitchin rides

5. Rikster

Rikster

These two photos where posted by CrazyJohn in the other photos thread here... but I figured these really belong in this thread.

This 41-48 Ford is looking really good.. so far I have not had time to research it and be able identify it.

But this is a really good looking custom. Perfect shape on the padded top. Anybody can identify it.. or at least the state where it came from.

[​IMG]

The second photo John posted was this one... and that I did recognize as Nicholas Schlouch 1939 Ford Convertible.
    This car has had some magazine exposure in the 50's.. and luckily it survived and was completely restored by Donn Lowe in the 90's...

[​IMG]

This is how it looks today....

[​IMG]

6. Thank you!!!! Glad to see something about kustoms again. Hey Rik, I need to find out how to get some copies of the dutch magazine. (sacramento)

7. jerseymike

jerseymike

hey rik, that first picture is defianetly a new jersey license plate if that's any help.

8. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Putting a back glass from a 50 Ford in my pal Tubb's 1953 Buick

Attached Files:

9. 00 MACK

00 MACK

The black 39 was Jimmy Nolans from Hillside N.J. and is said to have been built by Les Cove which stands to reason because it was found in 84 or so along with Manny Bastios 51 sectioned 4 door Merc in Les Coves shop where it had sat for years.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  10. 00 MACK

00 MACK

The 48 Merc on the top of the page was done by Highland auto body in West Orange N.J. and was featured on the cover of Rodding and Restyling and can be seen nowadays on Riksters site in Barry Mazzas and/or Twochops section of photos. Oddly enough, I have heard that that perfect top was an original Carson that came from a California car. Who knows? Im only 36 but Jim Manfredi of Highland Auto Body is still slingin lead in Jersey and sells merc parts on EBAY. Heres a photo of the car from the front that alot of people including myself got from Ray Soff years ago.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  11. missysdad1

missysdad1

Man, BE CAREFUL OF YOUR EYES! You won't be doing much more customizing if you get two eyefuls of red hot grinder grit!

Life, as you know it now, will be over...forever!

Pleeeeeze!!!! Use eye protection!!!!!

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

You are 100 percent correct, bad move on my part, we lost our glasses, shoulda waited until we got a new pair.

13. Rikster

Rikster

Thanks I had not been able to identify it...

Here's more on it.

[​IMG]

And the cover you mentioned...

[​IMG]

14. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Oh great. Later on the car ended up in Maryland and was seen in Custom Cars magazine in the latter half of the 50s.

15. Rikster

Rikster

The Rodders Journal has shown this 1936 Ford owned by Lynn Yakel and built by Ayala. The photos are from the Ron Kellogg photo Archives.

Here are a few more of the same car from the Ron Kellogg Site.
    They have the copy right text on it.. but still great to look at.

Perfect sample of a 40's built custom. High stance, black wall tires and kind of rough looking...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This photo was not shown in the Rodders Journal. I think its Gil Ayala standing next to it....

[​IMG]

TRJ also mentioned an engine fire on the coupe...

[​IMG]

16. Thank god, something about KUSTOMS again.

17. Davester

Davester
    from PDX

The higher stance looks great!! Awesome! Love it.

18. vertible59

vertible59

Yep, sometimes a higher stance is necessary, rather than form over function. The road I live on would destroy a frame scraper in no time. County maintained my ass!:eek:

19. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

[​IMG]

Stumbled across this gem on the 'net. "Mel Tyree, SBHS Class of 1949 was the owner of the 1940 Ford Coupe pictured in front of the store. 696 Magnolia Aveanue, San Bernardino." 1950.

20. greasy50chevy

greasy50chevy

21. That 40 in front of the market is my era. That is just a cool looking car with an easy custom stance. I love 40's

22. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

Is this an old custom that anyone recognizes?
    I found the pics on craigslist in montana, the description says the work was done in the 50's-60's

Attached Files:

23. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

On my recent trip to Redondo Beach, CA I went to the Friday night cruise at Ruby's. This 58 Ford caught my eye and in the trunk was a R&C magazine from 1963 with the car on the cover. I couldn't find the owner to ask him about it and some of the things that had been done to it. One interesting thing was that when I first spotted it from a distance it looked like it had the embossed insert. When I got closer I noticed there were a whole bunch of small round rod pieces spaced perfectly throughout that area. A really cool looking car and I wonder if Rik has more info about it on his website.

The Rod & Custom Cover .....

[​IMG]

The car .....

[​IMG]

The cover of the magazine said it was Johnny Taylor's fantastic 58 Ford "California Champ".

24. John Denich

John Denich

Search feature is your friend!!!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288771&highlight=johnny+taylor

25. bigchuckstud

bigchuckstud

Hey bullet nose where in havasu are you

26. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

The bronze 36 is killer in every aspect,even the stance is spot on,i like em in the weeds but it is something about that car and its era that commands respect for when it was built.Also the forty in front of the market is a great shot of what looks like a really nice custom

27. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Near the golf course on Acoma.

Where are you?

28. Rikster

Rikster

Some photos from the Mark Drews collection...

Barris Workshop working on the Jack Nethercutt 1952 Oldsmobile.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Rikster

Rikster

1940 Ford Convertible custom with obscure looking Lincoln grille...
    A lot of metal work to make the grille fit the front of the car, including new headlights in heavy reshaped front fenders.

I came across this photo on a car search site. The guy who posted the photo mentioned he saw his car last in 1951, and claimed it was a Barris Custom...no additional info was given. Typical late 40's custom...

[​IMG]

30. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

This is a surreal thread. Back to the top! fly! fly!