Register now to get rid of these ads!

Australian Made '32 Ford Roadster?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brigrat, Jun 19, 2009.

1. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Did they make them back than?
    If so what are the differences between the USA one and the Aussie one.
    Values the same?
    I did a search, what a condensed version!
    Thanks

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I K N OW ... that the dash is a little different ... because they are right hand drive. I have been told ... that the floor has more wood in it than our American made Deuce Roadsters.

I bought a Aussie 32 Ford roadster dash a few years back and converted it to left hand drive ... pretty easy to do :D

3. - Aj -

- Aj -

Geeze..can't imagine how rare those are.

4. swifty

swifty

Yep, we got roadsters, 4 door sedans, tourers (phaetons to you),sport coupes, and roadster utes. I think that's all.

The main difference on the roadsters is that the doors are wood framed, and the floor pan is different-ours has more wood, less steel. Oh and the steering wheel is on the wrong side-for you that is. Don't know what the difference is in the dash or is it just the left to right conversion? And the firewall is different-has the cut out for the column on the right side.

BTW you can't have one cos there's not enough here for us anywayLOL

swifty

5. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

BTW you can't have one cos there's not enough here for us anywayLOL

swifty[/QUOTE]

Send back one of those '40 or '33 Willys you guys have "taken" and I will send you a Aussie Deuce body! I have found the Deuce but it's not cheap atleast in my oppinion and quite frankly I think I am all Deuced out!

6. doctorZ

doctorZ

yes, they have a lot more wood than ours do. it terms of rarity, there are less, but the american made roadsters fetch more money any day of the week.
    -drZ