Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage houses, post a pic of yours.

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Roothawg, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Agentx66x

Agentx66x

Downtown Phoenix: Built in the 20's
    1000sq ft of living living
    1200sq of shop space

Attached Files:

2. 64chrysler300

64chrysler300

3. Im from chicago and theres nothing better than an old gangster brick bungalow.
    tile roof, stianed glass windows, wood floors, beautiful entrances and lots of HISTORY!!! i cant stand these cookie cutter houses being built these days......with siding on em.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. 65Riviera

65Riviera

I like it! (except I don't think I could handle that much pink:D) I definitely think style was not limited to cars back in the day. I love that AMI juke, I gotta get me one of those..

5. and of course it would have a huge brick garage.

6. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Wow I love this....very nice.

7. budhaboy

budhaboy

my home- Built in 1952, I grew up in this home, and just bought it from my parents -my Father and I built the garage(only house in the neighborhood to have one), installed the fireplace, rebuilt the kitchen(moved the sink to a different wall, same with the oven and fridge), extended the kitchen wall out for a dining room, finished the basement, including installing a full bathroom...I've been considering knocking out the back wall of the garage and extending it out with a second door, to accomodate 4 cars, and work space...

Attached Files:

8. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Wow! Dig it!

9. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Yes that house rules, great job.

10. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Damn, that's cool! I usually prefer turn much older houses, but that place is NICE!! :cool:

11. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

All beautiful houses but I especially like this one very very nice.

12. jamster

jamster
    from wales

you can just picture the godfather lecturing his son on them chairs

13. lost39

lost39
    from Austria

He Larry.

Your house is my dream!!!

Thanx for sharing the pics.

lost39

14. Cabron

Cabron
    from California

Very cool daddy o!

15. :eek:Totally awesome.....We have a friend here in Lancaster that has almost as much into his home....I had to blink when I saw yours....Great job!!!:cool:

16. MotoVintage

MotoVintage

one of my occasional occupations is foundation repair, the truck is my cousins work truck, used every day, this house was built around 1860, it has hand cut (axe) beams under there, took a bunch of pics while on this job, gave this one a vintage touch

[​IMG]

17. doctorZ

doctorZ

can we just have a thread for Larry's house? It is incredible! How long have you been collecting?

18. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Wife's beach house at the tip of Cape Cod, Massachusetts.

Built 1908 by her great grandfather, balloon construction, no insulation and no interior plaster or sheetrock. Four bedrooms, kitchen, living room, dining room, 2 baths, outside shower, crawlspace, attic, widow's walk, a garage and shed. It has no heat except for a gas fireplace insert, and is inhabitable only from June through September.

I have taken care of this old house for 35 years, trying to keep it as original as possible ............I guess you could call it a love affair.

I'm actually here now, and I just finished replacing all the window weights and cords on the living room windows, re-screening a couple of wooden screen doors and recaning some dining room chairs.

Here's some of pics of the house...........and one of the view.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  19. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

this old house once owned by the railroad and had a train running through the yard.
    Maine winters make a short driving season

Attached Files:

20. inline 292

inline 292

[​IMG]

This is not my home, wish it was. I drove my '55 from AZ. to San Diego on a trip & saw this home & just had to take this pic.

Doug

21. old houses are great, but is this a real estate forum????????????????????????????

22. rodknocker

rodknocker

No, it just means at this exact point in time all questions have been answered, and all threads have been read by the current online members, which allows for an O/T thread start and postings.....you can only post a picture of an old house if you've read all of the threads on this board in their entirety. I live in an old house, and have a picture of it, but I haven't read all of the threads yet.

23. scarylarry

scarylarry

Thanks Dr Z, when I get home from Bonneville I'll post photos with some new junk added. The photos I have here are probably 5 years old...always adding more stuff! We've been collecting for 15 + years, dealing full time in the same stuff for four years.

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

They CRUSHED a 296 year old house in Ridgefield, Ct. Wednesday August 5, 2009!!! Built in 1713 it had British troops march past it in 1777, another landmark gone forever. Google Pink House Ridgefield, Ct. to read about it. BASTARDS!

25. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

wtf?????

26. Tuske427

Tuske427

With my ex I had a 1950's kitchen. GM Frigidaire refrigerator, O'keefe & Merrit stove, and had genuine black and white checkerboard tiles installed, etc. The fridge, as mentioned elsewhere, is a pita to regularly defrost, not to mention limited space. They are typically smaller and it was the only fridge in the house. Stove was fine, btu's are on the lower side compared to what you can get today, but the oven was on the small side (the other half was a "warmer"). It had some cool salt and pepper shakers that were part of the design, as well as a built in light above the range area. the floors required regular waxing, and, if not properly maintained, water could damage the tiles. (Of course, the first time I waxed it the dog walked into the kitchen, and, naturally, I yelled at my dog who in turn pulled one of those "scooby do" maneuvers slipping, sliding and digging claw marks into the floor that never went away).

We went our separate ways a few years ago, and all I have left is the fridge. I'm in a new marriage now, and we're in the process of getting a house, and my fridge will probably end up in the garage. I don't think she'd go for it. But I'll probably add some shelves, etc to display some of my old toys, etc. If/ when that happens (years from now) I'll post pics...

I'll look and see if I have any pics of the kitchen.

27. MissFire

MissFire

*DROOOOOOL*....I'm in love with your house!!!! :D

28. Johnnyzoom

Johnnyzoom
    from Florida

Girlfriend and I got our 1952 house about a year ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. jick

jick
    from london

this is my new palce here in london, built in 1845, it was an illegal factory making overcoats during WW2 and for the last 20 years has been a hostel for drug addicts.
    it needs alot of work so my cars are kinda on the backburner for now.
    [​IMG]