Register now to get rid of these ads!

Colorado Drag Racing Pictures Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BobG, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Eracer

Eracer
    from Wisconsin

Richard Charbonneau won Div 5 races in Colorado

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  2. skuzkitty

skuzkitty

3. Eracer

Eracer
    from Wisconsin

John Hagen R.I.P. did also

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  4. BobG

BobG

That's Gene Goethe's "Jungle Fever" Cuda from Denver, nice car and very competitive.

5. colorado51

colorado51

The old tower and the KIMN sign! Great picture! I spent a lot of time up there back then.

6. colorado51

colorado51

Oh man, I haven't heard those names in A LONG time!

No picture, BUT I do have an 80's blue satin "team" jacket with a picture of their TF car on the back!

7. BobG

BobG

I have some old pictures including the High Plains Drifter Mustang II funny car, I'll dig up the pictures and post them... I even have one showing the Bandimere tower when it was black and one story, I think the track was an outlaw track at the time.

8. BobG

BobG

9. BobG

BobG

Is this Frank Estes in the roadster? I think it is but I'm not sure.

Does anyone have a picture of his orange 55 or his brother Jim's blown 56 Chevy CC/Gas wagon?

10. 296ardun

296ardun

11. autofocus

autofocus
    from MASS

I remember these names:
    Harry Decker Wendall Eicher Bob Finklestadt Dan Fink
    Bill Franklin Dick Montoya (saw on ABC WW/Sports winning Winternats)
    Chuck Bayuk Lovell Baker Brad Anderson (BAE) Jim Taylor
    Vic Micklich Nick Colbert Don Fox Jerry Kaiser&Lovell Baker
    Seevers,Weisner,Owens Earl Dody&Anderson (1st. name?) A/GS Willys
    Ward&Lindsay Kenz&Leslie Don Seyfer "Pops" Marner
    Heth-Thompson Osgood/Wilson Judy Lily Caston&Priest

In ,64/5 saw a ,32 Chev Coupe w/same for tow car-name?? Also saw in pits-,55 Chev w/2Inline Injected Engines-didnt take pic & it Still Bugs me-anyone know/heard of it?-PHOTO? Memories! should of taken more pics!

12. klttltn

klttltn

Any more pictures of the assassination arrow funny car

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  13. MyOld51

MyOld51

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  14. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Guys, Is there anybody who raced Pueblo regularly in the last few years ? I found out the my racecar was raced there, but not sure of what years . The car was out of Raton NM . With Tinker & Reid on the front fenders. It` the car in my avatar. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated. Gasserman

15. LaunsToyShop

LaunsToyShop
    from Denver CO

Back in the late 80's I worked at Super Shops with, I think his name was Brian Pierce, Peggy's son, from what I can remember at that time, she was still in Denver, and his father was a mechanic in Alaska. I know it was their son, because, my dad had a project 56 Vette, we were talking about cars at the shop and mentioned this Vette had a traction bar set-up under it. The next day he showed up with pictures of it back in the day painted purple, and the home made bars were visible under the rocker. The car was sold off a few years ater. Also early on in the thread 35window mentioned the Frog, it's in Littleton down the street from a friends brother. The owner told the brother that they hurt the rear axle the last time out. The car is buried under boxes and has not left the garage in years.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  16. tlbob

tlbob
    from colorado

wow i wish i would have found this a while ago my dad grew up with the lexa brothers dan and russ they still have a machine shop here in downtown littleton and dan does all the work very interesting guys. great pics now i got to show my old man all of these.

17. dvmnorthwest

dvmnorthwest

Holy $hit!!! Dallas Schneider is one of my dad's best friends. They are both really into truck pulling now. Dallas still lives in Longmont and pulls a really neat alcohol injected and blown 2wd pickup called the "Good Times." I think he used to run a couple of drag cars under the same name. I always hear people reminiscing about Dallas' days as a drag racer; it's really cool to get to see a pic. These are all before my time so thank you all very much. My dad always tells me how he used to take his '63 impala SS and run it at CDR. Thanks again for posting these!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  18. MyOld51

MyOld51

Neat stuff. If that Vette had what looked like scoops on the fenders ahead of the doors with switches in them, thats the one. Those were for the electric door latches.

Been doing a little research since this piqued my curiosity and found out Rick died in January of this year in Alaska and Brian lives in North Carolina. Haven't found anything on Peggy yet, though. Lisa, Brian's sister still lives somewhere around Denver.

Dang what a hijack (sorta).

Brian

19. autofocus

autofocus
    from MASS

Brown & Butkovich Ford Roadster from HR Sept,63. A feature article was to appear after this issue. Anyone have more info/photos?

Attached Files:

20. dvmnorthwest

dvmnorthwest

Dallas Schneider's ROYAL-T AA/Altered in 1972 at CDR.
    [​IMG]

One image removed at the request of copyright owner. Apparently, he doesn't believe in spreading the gospel.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2010
  21. pizsner1

pizsner1

hey bob..this is jack..i had a bunch of those photos in an album from when i helped you with the cars...i remember that funny car body when you brought it to the house..that album was lost in a move i made..upsets me bad..Hows the family..last time i saw you, you were in houston with nhra..dont know if i ever told you but the painting and lettering you did back then and me watchin has turned out to be a life long lesson...i always wanted to say thanks...so thanks..

22. dvmnorthwest

dvmnorthwest

23. dvmnorthwest

dvmnorthwest

Tell me this isn't a pretty picture... Dallas still has the Cameo.
    [​IMG]

24. mudbus15

mudbus15
    from colorado

Colorado drag racing pictures. I've got lots more. I will upload more later

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  25. mudbus15

mudbus15
    from colorado

more Colo. drag racing pictures​

Banshee #2.jpg

Banshee IV.jpg

KRD vs B&B.jpg

Deuces likes this.
  26. Probably a Dennis Doubleday scan from Drag World:
    [​IMG]

27. steve's-56

steve's-56
    from Denver

LaunsToyShop-I've been looking for Rick and Peggy Pierce on the web and ran into your post. I own the 56 Vette you are referring to and have a Pennsylvania title from 1966 with the Pierces name on it. It sounds like your dad owned the car at some point too. Any information or pictures you have would be great. My son and I think we have found Brian Pierce in North Carlolina but have not heard back yet. It would be really great to get some pictures of the car when it was being raced. We just got done rebuilding the car red with a red interior and a 327 with 4 speed. I bought the car in 1988 from a guy in Arvada who needed some money to put in a lawn. It sounds like it wasn't to much different than when it was in your dad's garage. All in primer, no engine or transmition and a bunch of boxes. The windows still had decals including one from Rocky Mountain Dragway and a painted number 109. I think I might still also have the homemade traction bars reffered to in another post that have a small piece symbol painted on them.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  28. EB Racing

EB Racing

I have some pictures from Julesburg CO from the 70's. Also some from Bandimere and Pueblo from the 80's. My parents met at the erie drags in the late 60's. I will try to post these pictures soon for i have never done this before

29. MyOld51

MyOld51

I have been wondering what happened to that one. That car used to be called "Rasputin" when Rick had it. It was maroon in color and had electric door latches, hence the switches in the vent intakes. He ran a 265 with a 4 speed in it. I know he won a trophy or two with it. He and Peggy also had Roger Guzman's MG Roadster and a '63 split window Corvette. They were our neighbors when we lived in Aurora, so that's how I know them. I don't know what ever happened to Peggy, their son Brian and their daughter Lisa.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4015244&postcount=170

Somewhere, maybe at my folks place, I have a gazillion slides I took from Century 21, Bandimerer's, CDR and wherever else. Going to have to go on a mission.

Brian

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  30. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

bringin it back up. neat colorado racing history.