Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old parts: Don't give up...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fenders, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Fenders

Fenders

Called a NAPA store for some old Ford parts... not available, nothing on the computer, no book...

Called another one (Hudson Mass.), got them the next day. They had the old books...

Just because one store says not available doesn't mean they are not available....

Props to Hudson !

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  2. manicmechanic

manicmechanic

NAPA is the best I found for getting old parts. Older counter guys are a help too...

3. hotrod8

hotrod8

my son went in a parts store saturday , broke down on the road , layed a condinsor on the counter , the counter jockey looked at him and said ,whats that???????????

4. My Dad wanted wheel cyl. kits for his 42 Willy's Jeep...they asked the generic question of "does it have ABS?"!

5. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

i hate napa and autozone...also our local napa guy is a dick so i dont go to him

6. My NAPA guys rule. I am there often enough that they had me set up an account name to get the best prices. When I brought my '54 Ford ( 239 Y-Block) home, it needed,among other things, a water pump. They had one on the shelf! And yes, be nice to the grumpy old fucker... he's the one you want to talk to.

7. Naps has a lot of old car parts...unfortunately most stores don't know it

they can't seam to look it up by application , but if you give them a part number they can cross reference it. just go to Rockauto , get a part number..then go to Napa