Register now to get rid of these ads!

Introducing: Motor Speedway NJ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Motor Speedway, Mar 27, 2009.

1. GUP IS IN!!! Car is OUT! Hahahaaaa. No exceptions man, that thing is GAY! He can park near the fence.

2. teddyp

teddyp

Let him in he is a jerzey icon

3. Man, little Horton is right! Motorcycle show is going to be sick! The rumblings in the background are pretty interesting. Guys calling us up asking if it's ok if they bring multiple bikes... Don't forget to bring some cars too... We'll race their asses!

Guys... get you cars ready NOW for the Old Time Drags date, July 24, 25, and 26. This will be the best party this summer! Got some surprises for you besides the Choppers flying in, Alter Boys coming down. We'll be premiering the new "Devil at your Feet" film by Brian and Atomic Hot Rod.

Friday night will be our regular movie night Hollywood Nights... Films to be announced.

Sat. will be our regular Hot Rod Races and the pre-party to Sundays all out event. Sat. night we will debut the Devil at your Feet film. I have a super sick band playing... more to come!

Sunday will be an all out DRAGS! Cars, bikes, diggers, altered, gasser wars!... etc. Lots of 60's and 70's stuff on the 1/4. But on the 1/8TH is where all the real action will be. Get READY!!!

I'll also be curating an exhibit of my favorite cars... Show within the show...
    If you have an old time hot rod, drag race piece of history, traditional custom, period time capsule... email me with pics and details at [email protected]

This place will be off the hook! So get ready!!!

4. Guys.... I met the guy... he is nice! But because I don't want his car in here doesn't mean I'm an asshole... or either is he. His car....does just not fit.

I'm sorry, but a pink car with all that stuff stuffed in it is just silly... this is a traditional car show... not a burger joint. The icon can come, his car has to stay outside the gate. Don't want to ruffle anyone feathers... but I gotta stay true to what I'm doing...or I'm not into it.

Friday nights he can come for the Hollywood Nights... car hop.

5. ELD

ELD

Please read "The Mission Statement"

<TABLE class="profileTable info_table" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=label></TD><TD class=data>Welcome race fans! Why not start this where it all began? You see what&#8217;s old is new again, for some of us anyway. Young men have returned to our roots, building cars and hopping up motors from yester year, it&#8217;s a passion&#8230;no it&#8217;s a sickness.
    Before the NHRA existed, gents like Wally Parks were peeling fenders and hoods off early tin to make automobiles light, stuffing in big V8&#8217;s, and pushing the limits on a weekly basis, and we youth are still doing it, even if some of us are over 50, or just turned 18. Sure we could move into the future and use fuel injection, A&M fittings, and electronics, but we like the thrill of the hunt, finding missing pieces of puzzles from days past. We scour our country for the right parts so we can preserve history.
    That&#8217;s what this is&#8230;living history. Wanna dose? Come attend a Motor Speedway event happening every other weekend here at legendary Raceway Park. Think of it as the lost speedway.
    Here at Motor Speedway we only run pre 58 autos, and pre 65 bikes, keeping our past time in check, and tradition paramount! We are sticklers for cars entering with the right parts. But again, it&#8217;s a history lesson not just a drag race. Many drag strips don&#8217;t have such standards, but we aim to keep the old days alive and well, and to honor our Hot Roding forefathers.
    You&#8217;ll hear old time music: jump blues, raw soul, early R&B, doo-wop, and more. We play all the swinging songs, on vinyl too! Even our record player is vintage. Dig it man! And don&#8217;t forget the &#8220;Live&#8221; music too, yup, we bring the mojo!
    Come see a movie on the big screen, yup, the big screen! We are saving New Jersey one weekend at a time, with our old style movies on our bonafide Drive-in movie screen. Two features a night, Hot Rod havoc, creature features, or two wheel mayhem&#8230;just tune in them radios, listen and watch! Motor Speedway has it all!!
    For more information on our vintage weekends and old time drags, email us at [email protected] and get on that mailing list for all the hip info! Dig that! Motor Speedway-freedom fighters

-Meldon Van Riper Stultz

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  6. I think someone may be threatening me! I just got this in a Motor Speedway email...

Attached Files:

7. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Teddy you are also a jerzey icon ....

8. If anyone Pm's me... I'll be in L.A. till Monday. Have a great week, get them cars ready!

9. Mission statement. I have to admit I didn't like being on the "other side of the fence" with my truck but I understand what you're attempting to accomplish there and hope you have enough of your target market to fill the place. My Fury is more correct but alas, it's a fifty-NINE. However I will be back (on the other side of the fence) it's still a cool place. .

10. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Outside the fence is fine, agreed the car is a little much... But can he still broadcast doo wop via the mobile DJ station from outside the fence? :D

I wish Teddy was a computer icon, that way he could be on my desktop... :D

11. rattub

rattub
    from NJ

In reply to Mr. Mel's comment on Guppie's Jukemobile. We fully understand and respect your beliefs, thoughts, feelings and political correctness in hot rodding but your thoughts and feelings about the Gup are wrong. Come on. How many '58 Olds rip up and down our NJ highways with a jukebox onboard. Gup is the smoothest thing on 2 feet he reeks of coolness. He draws a crowd where ever he goes and people love him. So what his jukemobile is pink. The Gup likes pink. His cars are pink, his garages are pink, his clothes are pink and/or gold, and his house is pink, for god sakes. The man likes pink. Nobody knows the '50s better than the Golden Gup. Let us remind you about the '50 show on FX called Pink and Black Days. That's what he is all about. Letting the Gup in without his jukemobile is like letting Michael Jackson in without his white glove. "It ain't goin to happen.'' The Gup is a member of our car club "Dead Man's Curve" and we were not aware that your show is pre-58. Dead Man's Curve is all about the 60's. The music, custom machines, straight axle street freaks, so technically alot of our cars would not be allowed.
    So we regrettfully are forced to withdraw your invitation to your show nor will we attend any functions you may have in the future.
    Sorry hope there's no hard feelings. Bottom line is Gup's our friend, he's one of us..
    HE'S THE GOLDEN GUP!!!!!!!!

Dead Man's Curve Car Club

12. rattub

rattub
    from NJ

Sorry the 50's radio show called pink and black days is on XM radio, not FXradio, our mistake.... Dead Man's Curve

13. Why not have a tiered pricing structure and those "outside the fence" purchase a "spectator" ticket for smaller price ?

14. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

cash is king. i think some of the rules need to go to really thrive, but its not my show, and its still new so it will be a learning curve for every one. i dont know if the guy is a member here but what was the deal with the purple street rod roadster? that went unmentioned, and it sure didnt look like a "traditional" hot rod to me. and the 66 or 67 lemans in the pre 64 parking? i thought the pink boat had more of a place there than a street rod, but really i dont see why either one should have to park on the other side. if you want to get technical do customs have a place at the dragstrip? i dont think so, but im a muscle car street and strip drag racer not a custom guy. i dont think there are enough traditional cars that fit the criteria in the tri state area to keep this thing afloat. i like the event i like the cars, and id like to see it really take off.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  15. I'd like to see it take off myself, but turning folks away won't help that. It all has been beat to death on this board as to what is/isn't "traditional." Having attended my first drag race in 1958 I have a pretty good idea what's traditional when it comes to race cars and most of those reilcs would not be allowed to run on the 1/4 mile by the NHRA, and those are the cars most of us want to see. Guess I was expecting another version of Jalopy Showdown Drags. Time will tell. I would not want to be the person at the gate enforcing the rules, but that determination needs to be made where the $$$$$$$ are collected, not at gate to "show" area, after payment has been accepted.

16. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

I don't get it, cars like the Gups jukemobile are not considered acceptable enough to attend this event that is being hyped as ultra traditional, but things like a skate ramp and the Los Strait Jackets are considered "Big news". The straitjackets actually have a good sound, but, in the scheme of trying to keep this event as if a person were walking into 1958, they don't cut it, sorry...

This thing will fail if some consessions aren't made. There just aren't enough traditional cars around that are willing to come out every two weeks to keep this event afloat for the long run. Hopefully I'm wrong. Time will tell.......

I do think its a great thing you're trying to do here, I was pretty excited about it when I first saw it, but work and life has kept me away up until now. I'll hold off until some of these things are worked out.

17. teddyp

teddyp

i think its just growing pains and things will (i hope )work out this could be a great thing in this area

18. kingwm33

kingwm33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Delran,NJ

With the changes in participating vehicle years at the NSRA venues , Something is needed for the Hot Rod era people. Now I like muscle cars, antique cars, but there is a need for old looking Hot Rods & Custom cars .I have talked to alot of old time NSRA guys , and they are really pissed at the NSRA changes. You could have a night when the muscle cars are spotlighted and the Hot Rodders have to park somewhere else. I sure don't like going to a show , and having a 1934 Ford and having to park next to a PT Cruiser. You fellows started something real neet ! Let's roll with the 50's , 60's theme !

19. poprockcrusher

poprockcrusher

DICK DALE WAS CRANKING [INVENTING]SURF MUSIC IN 1955 BRO
    the gup is the real deal , go to his all night parking lot party at lead east

20. Dave Martinez

Dave Martinez
    from California

Okay,

I have read all the above.. it seams that you are in an up roar over nothing..Music is great.. I love it.. 40,50,60.. what ever you want to call it.. But from what I have read about this show, it is about real hot rods. not music cars.. and I am not saying that you can't have a car like that. We all have our own way of expressing our selves. Some like a smooth custom car, and some like a car with a lot of flash. I don't feel that any one should judge this show until it has had a chance to make a go of it. I have seen many car show's come and go in the past 17 years of my life. There are many other shows that too will not allow certain types of cars in there show, but I don't see them getting cut down like this show has. There are much better things to be doing instead of griping back and forth on here. There is a reason I am not on here that often.. I am busy working on cars, and not on my keybord.. Ask my neighbors.. they will tell you of my 16 plus hour days of work..

So please, lets get back to what we all are here for.. to work on our cars, and get some good info on what we can do to make the job much cooler...

Dave Martinez

21. When you choose a message board to promote your event you should be expect feedback, positive and negative.

22. ELD

ELD

Point taken&#8230;and suggestion&#8217;s welcome.
    What is trying to be done here is unique and different, continuing the line from our greatest generation returning home from WWII to our youngest Hot Roders of today looking to the past for inspiration. The goal is to preserve and promote the beginnings of Hot Roding and pass it on to a new generation.
    Great appreciation to all who have participated so far and hope for your continued support, together we can make it work.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  23. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

i think its more or less feedback, the paying customers are stating what they would like to see, most are not boycotting the event. yet.

24. dirty petcock

dirty petcock

As always when you do a "year" cut off many people don't fully get it. The year thing is only to keep out the guys,"well just the cars" that don't get it. The idea is if you took a b&w photo of the event it would be hard to figure out what year the photo was taken. we're thinking mid 50's Not that we are being crazy specific of exact years but we just want cars that are timeless. If you have a period and I mean time capsule late 60's FED, Gasser, or funny car by all means, but some nova with a 350 and a glide is not what we are shooting for. Sorry if some people get offended, that is the last thing any of us want to do. I will speak for mel and say he is SORRY for saying anyone's car sucks. I just know how frustrated he gets when people don't get what we is trying to do, shit I argue with him all the time, and believe me guys NO ONE is making ANY money here. All of the hard work put in by everyone is all for the love of hot rodding. If you feel you didn't have any fun and want your money back I will personally give it to you. If you are on the HAMB you should get it, most of you are not dumb, and should know what would be timeless. If John Force wanted to come with his current funny car as cool as that would be he would have to park it outside the gate, and we could all walk 50 feet and look at it outside the fence. I really hope you guys understand and come and enjoy yourselves. As long as we all continue to come togeather this can be one of the best car spots in the world! -Jeremy

25. dirty petcock

dirty petcock

this car is nowhere near the cut off "year" and we can't wait for it to come back and smoke the tires down the track again!

Attached Files:

26. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

I have been to every show so far and like the set up.....There are only like five guys working their asses off to make this work...dont be our own worst enamy and bash this show because It will be the collest shit around if people come out to it. Old hot rods is what it is all about, if thats not your thing, hit a McDonalds cruise night, park next to the five 69 Camero's, pull out your crying babydoll and put it next to your car! I love hot rods and customs and drinking beer at the dragstrip, dont fuck this up! Thanks ~Eric

27. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

screw the pink shit, most guys like pink only in one place , n thats not on a car

28. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

keep the old guy with big long curly mustache 70's style pink baby blue whatever street rod bullshit out. let Mel make the decision on who comes n goes. i personally wouldn't like to see the crap that i see at every car show their. theirs no doubt in my mind that this will stay alive and theirs plenty of us out their that want to follow by the rules . and if not this year next year their will be way more cars, cause everyone will have a good reason to hurry up n finish it and get on the road. its all about real racing when u go to the track get your time go home for the rest of the week trying to figure out what you can do to make it go a little faster next week. not all that decal sponsored rolling advertisement bullshit. and cool customs that look like they may of happened back then.

29. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

Gup was spining records at LEAD EAST when most of these self appointed icons of purity were wettin their period correct huggies

30. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

:confused::confused::confused: that thing over a pink Caddy ?? Sorry but that Street Freak is way off the map,,of the discussion about the Caddy..

then again pointless discussion as has been said car was not being allowed back,,so

Attached Files: