Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Jimmy's Lambretta from Quadrophenia sells for 59K

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by monsterflake, Jun 16, 2009.

1. monsterflake

monsterflake

2. Holy schitt! I guess I better update the insurance on my '63 LI.

3. 61TBird

61TBird

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZzLky4U-xCg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZzLky4U-xCg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. monsterflake

monsterflake

youtube has everything...

5. monsterflake

monsterflake

sting's earlier appearance in the movie...

6. nifty

nifty
    from UK

I thought it was Sting's Vespa GS that was driven off the cliff? Great film though

7. monsterflake

monsterflake

if you watch the whole video in post #4, that's the end of the movie, including the 'cliff diving' scene...

8. borndead327

borndead327

i miss my lambretta
    a little too much money for a lammy tho

9. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

59 bucks is too much for a Lambretta, now one of the rockers bikes.............
    Ca you tell what side of the bike debate Im on? Though I think Im conflicted, I also love the Who and the Kinks...........
    Doc.

10. 36,000 Pounds is a lot of money for a Lambretta, even 'that' one, but it was obviously worth it as that was what someone was willing to pay. I never paid more than 600 Pounds for a second hand one, but that was 19 years ago since I bought one in England. They may not be everyones taste but I had the best times of my teenage years going to different seaside towns trying consume my body weight in alcohol. If you had a TS1, a Swift pipe & 32mm Amal back then - you were 'King of the Hill"..........Good times

11. 54BOMB

54BOMB

I wonder how much it would go for if it hadnt been run over by a delivery truck :D

I kick my self every now and again for passing up a Jet 200 for 500 bucks a few years ago.

12. skunx1964

skunx1964

wow, thats crazy! miss my old vespa now, lol....

13. mikes51

mikes51

Great movie, Flathead32 recommended it to me. Great view into the counterculture of a different country.

I believe Jimmy was so bumed out by seeing Sting in his dumb work hat and uniform that he stole Sting's chromed up, scooter. It was fixed up really nice with some major chrome pieces. I agree with nifty, it was Sting's Vespa that went over the cliff.

14. skunx1964

skunx1964

guys guys guys, Sting=Ace Face. it was his vespa that went over the cliff, by jimmys doing. wheres the confusion? :rolleyes:

15. RUDOG

RUDOG

Thanks Monsterflake! I always wondered what happened to that Lambretta....I wonder who bought it??...

16. RUDOG

RUDOG

Honestly, I think it's worth more. It's not just any Scooter. It's the most famous Scooter in the world....

17. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Ahh... the white cliffs of Dover....that must be the English version of Evel Kneivel doing snake river canyon..... what?.... no big kaboom fire explosion?......low budget baby.....

18. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Well it is pre-mix, so it might be more of a smokey oily smolder type fire. :D

19. Hooligansince65

Hooligansince65
    from Chicago

I guess my wife's 62 is worth 57 Grand less oh well.:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

20. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Dang, I have not seen Quadrophenia in 20 years. Oh, NETFLIX?

21. Its on Netflix....

Tom Ingram from VLV is also in the movie briefly too

22. monsterflake

monsterflake

watch the whole (10 minute) clip in post #4, that's the end of the movie, including the vespa crash...

23. monsterflake

monsterflake

he might be a nut, but he had a great look...
    [​IMG]

24. Too bad Sting's "GS" was actually a Rally...

Timely post. I'm restoring a 66 SilverSpecial at the moment. I'll show the wife how much Lambrettas cost and then she won't mind as much.

Here, let's make this thread more on topic. :)

[​IMG]

25. VespaJay

VespaJay

In a way, "Quadrophenia" is Britain's "American Graffiti". Think of Jimmy's Lambretta the same way as Milner's Deuce. That scoot is REVERED across the pond . . . and has been cloned a bunch of times.

If Milner's car came up for auction, it would be bid to astronomical heights too.

26. "Honestly, I think it's worth more. It's not just any Scooter. It's the most famous Scooter in the world.... " I would have thought "Stings GS" was more famous, & I'm pretty sure the same guy owned them both at the same time.

What about Wolfie Smiths Li series 1 then...................Freedom for Tooting!!!!!, if you're not English, I doubt you'll get it

27. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Alot for a chick bike.

28. In a manner of speaking. I've owned several gazillion vehicles but I've never owned anything that magically attracts the poontang like my Li Series 3 (distant #2: Karmann Ghia convertible). And not thar-she-blows rat rod orcabetties, or grandma-in-a-leather-halter Sturgis biker barflies, or tramp stamp tuner skanks, either. I mean fine, euro-hot, streets of Paris young Catherine Deneuve types. It's like Innocenti has some secret formula that made their vehicles irresistible to good looking women, like Austin Powers and the Fembots. My wife loves the bike but doesn't trust it.

Don't believe me? If you're near Chicago this Saturday, check out the all day "Mods Vs Rockers" vintage scooter / motorcycle rally at Delilahs and the Bottom Lounge. And make note of the fine pulchritude gathered 'round the scoots.

http://www.tonupchicago.com/flyers/09mvr.html

29. Weasel

Weasel

I miss my GS too - copper plated engine covers, mirrors and accessory lights galore, spare tire/luggage rack, fiberglass antenna, foxtails, hoodie parka with fur collar and no self respecting mod wore a helmet - it messed up the back combed center parted hairdo:eek:. Bored with nothing to do? - run on over to Brighton for the weekend and mix it up with the greasers - yep it was war on the beaches of Brighton - aaah nostalgia....

30. monsterflake

monsterflake

you're probably right. the rockers are to jimmy as the pharoahs were to curt. they both (unexpectedly) find themselves among 'the other side' and live through it...:)