Register now to get rid of these ads!

i couldn't belive it

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bartikus, Jun 16, 2009.

1. bartikus

bartikus

so my brother and i were just out in my garage going over what needs to be done with the old studebaker and i happend to see what i thought was a cockroach. well we keep looking around at it trying to get some motivation to pull the falling apart seats out of it and we see two more. i freaked to say the least. so my brother and i head on over to the local wal-mart and purchased ourselves some roach hotels and a big can of spray. i sprayed quite a bit around the door into my garage and the proceeded to to spray a giant ring around the car on the cement. tomorrow we are going to finish cleaning out the car. i will have to let my uncle know that the car is infested with roaches so that way he knows his house might have them too. well this explains all the spiders that are in the car. i just hate roaches i think they should all die!!!!! i just hope that they don't make it into my house. the wife would kill me at that point. i think that we are going to bug bomb my garage this weekend when we can get the dog out of the house for a few hours.

2. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

3. bartikus

bartikus

to say the least. at least there were no mice in it that i have seen.

4. adamabomb76

adamabomb76
    from York, Pa

Dude,.... It's a roach.

5. bartikus

bartikus

i'm mainly worried about them getting into my house. no so much worried about the garage. i just hate roaches.

6. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Time for the Vegas Roach Trap. Get a glass mason jar or container. Put about an inch of coffee grounds at the bottom, another inch of water. Put it next to a wall in the garage or house. Roaches will climb in with acess from the wall, and can't climb out because of the glass sides.

7. bartikus

bartikus

good idea i'll have to do that tomorrow

8. BELLM

BELLM

I remember an old cartoon, nuclear bomb blast, mushroom cloud, whole world and everything in it destroyed, out crawls a cockroach...............

9. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

I'll take roaches over black widows, ANYDAY. Widows are bad this year, I'm torching at least one a day.

10. Now you know what they mean when they say your car is a roach.

11. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S-6cIy_s8pQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S-6cIy_s8pQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

12. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Do a search for the Black Widows thread, and you can find a few good ways to eliminate those suckers so they wont come back.

13. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

At least they weren't flour beetles (yea Tx, I watched the vid)

14. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Have a link? The only one I found was the "critters" thread a couple weeks ago and the only post there was to get one of those huge black widow eating spiders :eek:

15. easy to catch. isn't that what they make them roach clips for?
    sorry ok I'll go to bed now...

16. El_Gato_Scott

El_Gato_Scott
    from So. Tex.

Be sure to turn off any lit pilot lights in the garage! If your water heater is out there and you fire off that bug bomb it might go boom.

17. bartikus

bartikus

my water heater is in my basement so i shouldn't have to worrie about it. i'm going to run some tape around the door into my house to try and create a sealed enviroment.

18. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

"I remember an old cartoon, nuclear bomb blast, mushroom cloud, whole world and everything in it destroyed, out crawls a cockroach............... "

Another Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers fan! Dude!!

Remember that mice are predators to the roaches (I think this was explained in a FFB cartoon too)...and the spiders to anything smaller than a roach...don't knock out the wrong part of your ecosystem! When we lived in South Ameria, we had a Coati Mundi, which will immediately eat anything too small to eat it, from roaches to rattlesnakes. That would be a perfect garage predator...certain death to everything but you. Cats are too picky.

19. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

catch one, get some of that resin stuff and make a clear shift knob with a roach inside

20. Spiders are bad in general this year. A pest control plan is money well spent IMHO...I think it's like $100/annually. Any issues they are out within a day or 2...

21. budd

budd

i have a funny bug story, i was working at a gas appliance factory, a couple birds got caught in some air ductwork above the assembly line, well it wasent long before magots started droping out the vent and falling on the gas stoves as they moved down the line, people were yelling and blaming the people up the line for doing it, people were gaging and had to leave the plant, that day has seance been called, "magot mania"

22. Here's a couple:

* Tech: how to remove unwanted female guests from car: PETA warning (click HERE) :D

* Black Widows EVERYWHERE!! How do I get rid of them? (click HERE)

23. retromotors

retromotors

It's not so much they're picky, they are just smart enough to know when they are overmatched ... (not to mention outnumbered!)

I recall Fat Freddie's cat had a helluva time with "Field Marshal" Roach and his minions. The famed toilet bowl incident springs to mind.

Then again that particular cat had been fogged inside a paper bag more than once, I'm sure.:rolleyes:

24. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

A coati is never outnumbered for long...he just goes from outnumbered to fat!