Register now to get rid of these ads!

Water sanding and buffing problems

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fitzee, Jun 11, 2009.

1. roughidle

roughidle
    BANNED
    from iowa

I use ppg because I believe it to be far superior. Just my 2 cents.

2. DMFB

DMFB

I have seen it before, I think you're problem is more in the compound your using. Try 3m cutting compound around 2000, that stuff has never failed me. Then polish it with diamond cut. I think you'll be very pleased with the outcome.

3. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

What ever happened to painting a car without all the sanding & polishing bullshit , that's where the skill comes in, anyone can sand & polish. Sand polish & reclear, looks a mile deep & stands up way better

4. jdk

jdk
    from Nebraska

The problem is definately the compounds been fighting with them a few years as soon as you find one that works they change it! :mad:

5. I use Presta's line of compounds and polishes that are water based for easier clean up. I was told by our rep that 3M compunds are oil based and have a tendacy to fool you by hiding some imperfections. The presta products seem to take a little more buffing speed . I dont use dupont clears but have good luck with PPG and Spies.

6. Who is your 3M rep? I will call tomorrow and "educate" him or her depending where in GA you are ( I know the Reps down there) on the products they sell. If you grab a bottle of anybodys compound the ingrediants are listed in accordance to volume ie. like bread or beer. Look for things like petroleum distulletes ( ie.e fillers ). Our products have been water based since Perfect it III. One other thing you all need to know was that all manufacturers had to comply with our Federal Goverments VOC standards and some things had to change with everyones products. When all else fails break out the 6060 Perfect it 3000 extra cut, you will not be dissapointed

7. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wrong.

8. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Ha! :D