Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Paso IS good for something! AI4 Find!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by srosa707, Jun 14, 2009.

1. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

So Ive just finished my AV8 coupe and the fire is lit to find something to do next. This time, this will be a full colaboration between my wife (BlondeBettie) and myself. I was searching my local CL and found this gem. We think we got a good deal on it:D It comes with many extra parts and is complete minus a starter. The plans? Nostalgia drop axle, T spring in the rear, and then just drive it! Nothing is frozen; brakes work, drums spin, steering spins, clutch works, tranny shifts, and the oil looks great! Hopefully we can get it running soon, im itching to drive it! Here are a few pics. Its a 1928 Model A pickup. It came from LA and im trying to figure out what it says on the doors. "Reed Mills"? Anyone have an idea? The pics show how it was found in the hills of Paso Robles, and then 20 minutes later! You likey? :D Ill post some more pics tomorrow...

Attached Files:

2. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Nice score! looks like you couldn't even wait to get home to start working on it.:D

3. Von Farly 1923

Von Farly 1923
    from Sacramento

Great find and before pictures, can't wait for the after pictures.

4. low-lincoln

low-lincoln

I remember seeing that thing on CL, good find. Keep us posted on the progress.

5. kieran

kieran
    from San Diego

bitchen, i wish my model a had patina

6. hot rod newt

hot rod newt

Bitchin' find!!!!! :cool: Looks like it was right above my cousins house. Right under my nose, and didn't see it!:eek:

7. crashgravis

crashgravis

quote > you likey ?

oh yah , me likey :D

8. Fudge yeah!,I likey too. It looks great with the new shoes.

9. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

slight tire rake, maybe a reversed eyed front leaf. throw a roof on it and set of guides and roll that shit. and a pair of logs out the gate. bitchin.

10. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

Ya, its going to be a fun project for the wife and I to get started on. Hopefully it will fire once we get a starter in it.

11. Cool lil pickup. I just bought a 28 AR pickup in about that shape from my Dad...can't wait to get going on it either :D

12. d-smoke

d-smoke

That's Mint-tastic brother! May the Hotrod gods defecate on that baby for inspiration, motivation, and guidance! D-smoke approved fasho, congrats SHIFTHEAD!

13. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

Hey you bitch, I'm sitting in your driveway right now with my triumph and this little gay green ratrod. And your at the bar.... I'm gunna leave ya some cash in the garage and take this thing. Cause ill actually be driving it in a day not drinkin at the bar at 3 o clock. Congrats man, I'm turning this over by hand right now. :D

14. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

Find me a starter, battery, two 17inch rims, four 17inch tires, and were rollin...

15. spence-d

spence-d

Speed Kills?

Nice Find - you'll be driving it in no time buy the looks...

Spence.

16. GTS225

GTS225

Damn!......Good score!
    It looks like it might say "feed mills", and had something else stenciled above it. Can't say for certain, the sun's taken a toll on the lettering.

Easy pickins'....twenty minutes from "field find" to trailered and gone. sounds like they would have had to have it already trailered for you to make it any easier.

Roger

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice find! Most likely will start without much work. Treat yourself to one of those standup gas filters thet fit in the tank gas shutoff.:)

18. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

In case you dont follow the "Banger" thread, here goes!

I GOT IT RUNNING! So stoked. Swapped the coil and jumped it with a 12V. She fired up and I drove it down the street! I need a bottom hose and some minor tweaking, and shes good to go! Oh ya, the water pump is frozen. Anyone got a used one?

Attached Files:

19. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

OH NO! frozen waterpump! Why don't you send that truck to me in Oklahoma, too much work for you obviously! :D

20. doctorZ

doctorZ

sooooooooooooooooooooo jealouse.

21. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

Kept on tinkering with it today. Im having a hard time keeping it running. I got halfway around the block and it quit on me. After trying and trying, I finally got it starte, but when I hit the gas it wanted to stall out. After running for a few minutes, I got it back home, barely. It died right in front of the house. I have an extra carb im going to throw on it, and the dizzy seems to have a bit of wobble in it. Maybe a rebuild? How can i crank the motor over by hand without a Ford cranker?