Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone Else Into Old Jukeboxs

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by stewedscrewdtattood, May 27, 2008.

1. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

I have a 1937 Seeburg. Playes but records out of phase with selections. Plays 3 behind whatis selected.

2. DEROSAGIRL

DEROSAGIRL

I picked one up on Craigslist with the Twin Towers Skyline...plays all my 45's

3. OK here are a few I've restored and a coke machine also. I used to really be into finding and restoring jukeboxes and other antiques. I was also into pinball machines. I sold the pinballs and kept the jukeboxes.

Attached Files:

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  4. Taylor Street Rods

Taylor Street Rods
    from So. Cal.

Here's a Seeburg "G" we picked up yesterday. Got it from my grandmothers neighbor who we've known for 40+ years.

Price was right.....free!!

-Jeremy

Attached Files:

5. BrianBSU23

BrianBSU23
    from Indiana

I purchased a 1953 AMI E 120 Jukebox at the James Dean Run last year.

When I purchased it, the lights and light mechanism works, turn table spins (a little to slow), and the mechanism that picks up the record doesn't move correctly. I hope to get around to get it running or find someone in Indiana to fix it.

6. hotcoupe

hotcoupe

a href="http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh168/nowaynohow101/?action=view&current=P1010004.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a><br /><br />elvis and fats domino never sounded so good!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  7. hotcoupe

hotcoupe

don`t know why both images didn`t post.a href="http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh168/nowaynohow101/?action=view&current=P1010004.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a><br /><br />

8. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

How do Elvis and Fats sound at all...there's no mechanism in there.:confused: Or do you have it hooked up to an ipod or something?:D I think I still have an 1100 mechanism sitting around here if ya' need one. Mike

9. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Sneaky--

I think your AMI "C" model is from 1949, because I've got the same exact one, and I think they changed them almost every year for a while... I love it. Mine is still set up to play 78s, and that's what I collect (Blues & Hillbilly) and rotate in the machine.

10. hotcoupe

hotcoupe

that one is being restored,it`s an old image and i couldn`t get the image of the 1015 to post. hope it works this time!a href="http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh168/nowaynohow101/?action=view&current=P1010005.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a><br /><br />
    </center>How do Elvis and Fats sound at all...there's no mechanism in there. Or do you have it hooked up to an ipod or something? I think I still have an 1100 mechanism sitting around here if ya' need one. Mike

11. saltracer219

saltracer219

I've still got a big pile of 78 RPM records available really cheap......, like free but you have to pick them up. Anyone that's interested P.M. me. Gary.....

12. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

I have a 1937 Seeburg. Plays but is three records ou of sinc.

13. hotrod8

hotrod8

gentelmen
    just so happins ,my son has one he would like to part with , looks a lot like the one in stewedscrewedtattooeds reply photo !!!!!!!!
    does need minor repair ?//

14. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

Got a 54 seeburg 100r ,51 seeburg 100b ,stern playboy pin,bally nitro ground shaker pin.Love the early seeburg jukes with the pickering 345-03d stylus really makes em sound good.

15. Elrod

Elrod

Just had my new toy arrive today! Wurlitzer 800 from 1940. 100% original, not restored.

[​IMG]

Also own a Wurlitzer 780 from 1941

16. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Wow, that looks like a nice original. I like the "flame" color cylinders. Kinda hypnotic.:eek: I've owned 3 of these beasts over the years. Congrats on a nice find.

17. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

18. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

I just bought an early 60's Seeberg.
    It dosent do anything but light up and sit there, but for the $40 I paid for it its cool. Anything I should be checking?

19. Elrod

Elrod

Thanks Mike! I'm going to send you a PM. I've got a few parts I'm hunting!

20. stewedscrewdtattood

stewedscrewdtattood

21. ventilo

ventilo

1963 NSM Serenade Stereo Magic ("Made in Germany" - just like my '37 Ford)

22. Elrod

Elrod

I just picked up an electric selector adapter to put into my Wurlitzer 800 so that I can connect a wallbox to it. Now, I have a 780 E juke that has the same electric selector, but the jukebox was basically built to have one of these selectors in it.

What I'm wondering is if anyone knows how to mount the pin selector drum to the mech on the mechanical 800, and what the split sprocket attaches to on a mechanical selector machine. On the 780, it's on the same bar as all the selector fingers would normally be on, but on the 800 that actually has the mechanical selector fingers, I don't see any room to attach the split sprocket.

I guess if you've been there, you will know what I'm talkin' about.

Pics of Selector below.

Attached Files:

23. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

I sent you a PM with some info that might help sort it out. Mike

24. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

I have a question hopefully someone can help me w/ and I thought I'd bump this and see what else is out there.

I just got an 1100 Wurlitzer and trying to change one of the long bulbs on the side and not wanting to tear anything up, thought I'd ask if someone could give me a pointer????

25. Up from the dead, here's mine.. 1941
    Looks like me and Elrod have something in common.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  26. Fountain view.jpg Jim2.jpg
    Here's the 1955 Wurlitzer Model 1800 that resides near the soda fountain in The Hot Rod Grille garage. The remote selector wallbox on the middle of the counter and the wall speaker above the juke are hooked to it. I also have a Wurlitzer 1015-OMT with 45's in the corner that is hooked to the other wallbox closest to the wall. I still have the Seeburg V200 that I played as a kid that is awaiting restoration.

Jim

27. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Here's a little pinstriping and gold leaf that I did on a Seeburg for a client . 294.JPG

28. Kustomkid

Kustomkid
    from Montana

Just picked up this IMG_6966.JPG , a 52 Rockola 1434 Super Rocket. Got a 61 Ay160 Seeburg . IMG_6723.JPG and a 37 Seeburg Rex. IMG_6724.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

29. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

I have the same thing. Funny story when I bought it, it was stored in a storage container for many years. The owner wanted $250.00 for it, it sounded like a good deal but I had no way of seeing if it worked/played because there was no electricity at the storage location. So I told him, I will give you 250 if it works and 100 if does not. So we loaded it up on my trailer and drove over to the convenience store across the street. We plug it in, nothing happen, the guy laugh and said, " you are the new owner of this juke box for 100 dollars that does not work". When I got it home, we push it into my garage and plug it in, and guess what it work. I call the guy back and said that I owe him another 150 dollars, he said to forget it and enjoy the machine.

Kustomkid and Hotdoggin DaddyO like this.
  30. Kustomkid

Kustomkid
    from Montana

Now it’s mostly complete. IMG_7061.JPG IMG_7063.JPG
    Now going through the mech trying to convert it back to a 78 rpms.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Chebby belair and LowKat like this.