Register now to get rid of these ads!

When you see somthing weird but you kinda like it....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Joe T Creep, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

I saw this somewhere and thought "god thats ugly" But it stuck in my mind and, although I still think its weird, I kinda dig it. Not sure if I should admit that or not. I think my favorite part is the headers sticking out of the front wheel wells.

Attached Files:

2. cornernfool

cornernfool

Your right, something catches your eye. Kinda cool in an ugly sort of way. Looks like something you might catch when you go fishing:confused:

3. dudley32

dudley32

I'd bet that thing would be hard to handle....little sway in the front end...???

4. joebuick

joebuick

its workable. I'd deffinatley take a 2nd look

5. Mattilac

Mattilac

Looks like a shark.

6. pastlane

pastlane

That line reminds me of a long past girlfriend

7. junkyardroad

junkyardroad
    from Colorado

I like it. Looks knida evil, and fast when sitting still.

8. Kustom64ford

Kustom64ford

I am usually pretty open minded and like weird stuff, but my opinion is that it is a waste of a perfectly good Comet. It could be saved, but lots of work. I think it is over chopped, and the stock sized back window is just plain ugly. Stance is all off too. But again, it could be saved.

9. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

i've seen that car too, but can't remember where. cool in it's own freaky kinda way.

10. belair

belair

Proof that evil and ugly are not mutually exclusive.

11. 52style

52style

id definatly drive it just the way it is wouldnt touch a thang !!

12. rick finch

rick finch

Uglier than a baboon's ass...

13. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

I'm with Rick, that thing is UUUGGGLLEEEEE!!!

14. Maybe its the water up here or the long winters but...I like it!

15. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

i agree, theres something about it that pulls you in

16. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Rat Gasser......it's the new flat black.

17. SLCHC-CHIEF

SLCHC-CHIEF
    from S.L.U.T

Its a train wreck you know its ugly and bad but you just have to give it the once over.

18. Reminds me of what my father said about '58 Fords. Dad worked at Ford's Atlanta Assembly Plant 1952-82. He said he always thought '58 Fords looked like a largemouth bass on wheels.

19. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Can't say I've ever seen anything quite like that. It does kinda pull you in though. Wonder what the view out the windshield is like.

20. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

that thing looks like someone set it on fire and then tried to put it out with a sack full of sledge hammers

21. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

right click save....
    I love it! now all it needs is an over the top 70's paint job, the kind that uses every trick in the book ,not because it flows, but because you can.
    then build an equally outrageous 60's econoline as a pull/push vehicle.

22. Corvette64

Corvette64

I know what you mean. Kind of like Donatella Versace. She hot in an ugly kind of way.:)
    [​IMG]

23. roddinron

roddinron

You're not alone, from what I can see of it, I like it too, in that strange "dare to be different" kinda way. It just exudes attitude. The front end looks poorly done though.

24. roddinron

roddinron

Kriste!!! is that a real picture??? That bitch is ugly PERIOD!!

25. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

here's the verbage from the ebay ad:

<TABLE align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>HERE IT IS !!! 1960 mercury comet gasser, this thing is crazy, loud, rusty, hard to drive and a bad ass attitude, it has a chopped top from long ago, but done well, car is on the rough side but good enough to fix or just leave as its cool self. ENGINE: stock 350 chevy, holley 4brl, zoomie headers. TRANS: powerglide. FRONT AXLE: early chevy. REAR AXLE: 8 inch ford. BRAKES: all new wheel clinders, line, shoes, master cylinder. Any questions welcome, call 270-756-1818 or 270-580-4271 ask for Chuck

<HR>On May-28-09 at 16:27:21 PDT, seller added the following information:
    BODY: floors have been patched many years ago in front, rear floor on drivers side was patched, but all need to be redone to make it nice, rear frame and trunk in fair shape, has no outer wheel wells where quarters have been radius out, lower quarters on both sides rusted through in front of tire and behind tire, drivers door rusted through on lower front, front fenders not bad, passenger door hood and trunk good, body filler on roof has started coming out, infact body filler is coming out everywhere, this is an old custom that has been weathered so understand it is rough, there has been no work done to the body, i will add more pictures soon

<HR>On May-28-09 at 16:35:59 PDT, seller added the following information: GLASS: windshield cracked, wing glass made from old plexiglass, quarter glass and rear window are good, also has mushrooms and butterflies etched into glass. i do have a 63 parts car i forgot to list with this car that does have good sheetmetal parts that will go with this car if winner wants it.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>[​IMG]<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>var ebayItemID = '180366393746';var ebayItemRevisionTime = '1243553758000';var ebayAskSellerURL = 'http://contact.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ShowCoreAskSellerQuestion&requested=looseduece&iid=180366393746&redirect=0&SSPageName=PageAskSellerQuestion_VI';var httpReferer = 'http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/Cars-Trucks__mercury-comet?_catref=1&_dmpt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&_fln=1&_sacat=6001&_trksid=p4506.c0.m282';var sUrl = "http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDesc&s2=2"; </SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://include.ebaystatic.com/js/e619/us/features/viewitem/aegis_description_e6191us.js" type=text/javascript> </SCRIPT>

26. phukinartie

phukinartie

I think it looks like a grandpa munster on crack mobile

27. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

You nailed it !!!! LOL

28. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

it's rat-rodderific.

29. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Oh Good Lord!! I don't know which is uglier! Both ugly as a mud fence!

30. JEPPA

JEPPA

Or a mad Guppy!