Register now to get rid of these ads!

Candy lime green sedan at Denver Goodguys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty f100, Jun 9, 2009.

1. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

i love the green but did u see the car before it was painted...wow Shine's work is amazing looked like a brand new body that was never cut

2. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

sweeeeett!! I love the color!

3. i really dig this car a lot!!!!

4. Justin B

Justin B

could be really really nice if it wasn't for the hideous shade of green.

Why do all the work of building a vintage style car and then paint it a modern but ugly color that doesn't go with the vibe of the rest of the car?

5. Anderson

Anderson

Didn't Jeem do some artwork for this one?

6. luciomduran

luciomduran

I saw it in person at the Goodguys show in Loveland and have to say that everything about that car is spot on. Just like with the "Loaded" pickup they built, it is an amazing mix of modern and traditional thinking. I had a chance to tour their shop and they were the nicest people. Great stuff coming out of there for sure.

7. Ichoptop

Ichoptop

remember, You cant blame the paint on the builder, the owner picks the color. Eric is top notch. We were up there to interview him for the Hemispherical Movie the night before this car was going to paint. It was a mad rush, everyone was staying the night untill it was done and he still took time to sit down for an interview because he had scheduled to do so months before.

Attached Files:

8. I love the car...but 60K fo the paint alone!

9. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

Beautiful car but that build may be 60 k overall not the paint job alone no way not enough body there.

10. rick finch

rick finch

I hate to break the news to ya, but yeah 60K paint alone.

11. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

i don't think 60k will even get you in the door at pinkee's.

12. Maybe so but that's 60K the owner will never get back.

13. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

Ok put that in perspective to what size that body is too the amount of jack that is someone has more $ than brains and ive been around some high end cars and builders thats crazy by any standard dollar wise.
    No wonder the owner of that yellow 48 chevy truck was pissed he didnt win at detroit and at goodguys they built his truck aswell and at that kind of money explains the dissapointment, again there will always be check writers to buy builds they deserved to be charged as such.

14. posi

posi
    from canada

I stopped by the shop when they were doing the paint on the car. One of the painters said they had about 1000 hours in the complete body and paint at about $50 an hour and the paint was sponsered by ppg free paint supplies using candy!!!! Also I asked one of guys from pinkees woking on the car how many hours of metal fab time and the young guy said about 6 thousand hours? 6 x I guess $45 an hour $270000 Cars this nice take a lot of skilled builders and lots of time and you dont rush a build like this...

15. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

in this day and age...and at that level...... 60k for paint is a drop in the bucket to the owner........
    and you do get what you pay for.......quality wise

16. Justin B

Justin B

i have no idea how to use photoshop but i was able to do these. i know, as long as the owner likes the color it's all that matters but ...................

Attached Files:

17. pro1street

pro1street

Maybe something more neutral,but like you said as long as the owner is happy then so be it.
    [​IMG]

18. gotwood

gotwood
    from NYC

Guys... That is a one off show car. I agree that $60k sounds expensive and then some look at the size and say WTF?? But if you are around high end cars like you say then you know that finishing off a open car like that to that level takes time and that means money. Did anybody really think that a car of that level could be built for $60k complete??? There are no mig'd in patches. Everything has to be finished inside and out. Real metal work that has to show on both sides!!

Take into account that they are doing the body, interior, engine, suspension, and all other painted details. Maybe they needed it done ASAP and the shop shut down just to do that car? Then add the metal work. Who knows what the body looked like when dropped off. Just becsuse the general shape and work was done doesn't mean hours of work still needed.

As for the color I say they nailed it. It is a classic Hot Rod that has that kind of toy look to it. Not every car can be black !!!

19. Daddy_O

Daddy_O

Yeah...that green sucks. 32 Ford? My vote is red.....they shoulda painted it red.

20. DeepSea Fish

DeepSea Fish

That is MUCH better. That Candy Cane green is terrible.

21. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

I'd walk right past that with maybe a 2nd glance. Just too subtle.

22. rogueoutlaw

rogueoutlaw
    from ooltewah

give me a yell brother.Roadents are in the house.

23. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Here's a few from Goodguys Indy today, and yes, it was up for Hot Rod Of the Year. Crazy detail on this car!

24. hemifarris

hemifarris

The seats and Hughes Aircraft badges are new and made by Frank Wallic. His email address is [email protected] . He's a great guy to deal with. He also makes bomber seats and dashboards...Tell him Mike Farris gave you his address ...Click to enlarge.

Attached Files:

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      128 KB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      127 KB
      Views:
    • 20.jpg
      20.jpg
      File size:
      133.9 KB
      Views:
    • 19.jpg
      19.jpg
      File size:
      124 KB
      Views:
    • 29.jpg
      29.jpg
      File size:
      111.7 KB
      Views:
    • 32.jpg
      32.jpg
      File size:
      97.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  25. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

I like the green. It's really a pretty ballsy color choice for a high profile car, and I think it works. You aren't going to mistake this car for any other car.

The amount of detail work is staggering. Top notch work from Pinkee's....really an amazing hot rod.

26. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

I dig the color, it's not for everyone but the owner must like it. 60gs for the pait is a bit much for my poor ass but if you want quality work you will pay for it.

27. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Woah! Thanks for the HI-REZ pics!

I'm very proud to say I helped in the design of this car. Working with Eric is fantastic, creatively speaking. He has an idea in his melon, some loose parameters, then he sets me loose. From brackets to finished car, we brainstorm like crazy. I could compile a book on all the sketches and thoughts used in this car.
    I saw the finished chassis at my buddy Aaron's studio, as well as the body (Squeeg's awesome paint), but I've yet to see the finished car in person....it looks beautiful.....the guys at Pinkees rock and roll!

28. 26T

26T
    from Denver

It always downgrades the car to me when people start talking about how much it cost to build. 60,000 for the paint? Who cares? There are just as nice cars built on half the budget of the paint. The guy that owns the car has a shitload of money. Congradulations. BFD why even talk about it?

29. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Very nice car would love to see it in person.

30. LTM75110

LTM75110

Well, At least it has three pedals......I could live with the color.Truly one of a kind.Awesome car.