Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gene Winfield Comes to Canada!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by McKee, Jun 6, 2009.

1. McKee

McKee

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  2. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

That is cool. Thanks for the pics. I don't know what the name of it is, but I love that orange car of his. That gold Chrysler is killer too.

3. Way too much cool stuff at one time ... can cause brain explosions.:D

4. tstclr

tstclr

Great show. They figure over 2500 cars! Here's da man:
    [​IMG]

I also met Barry Maguire who was on hand filming for an upcoming episode of Car Crazy and he was kind enough to pose for a photo with my son and I. Notice the Jalopy Journal shirt!
    [​IMG]

More photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Steve decided to build a "showroom" to store his 16 Cyl Caddies:

[​IMG]

We had a great time. See you there next year!

Todd

5. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

I think the Orange car is called the Strip Star. if Im not mistaken.. I think it was in the Back to the Future Movie number 2 also..... Thanks for sharing.. Cool Pictures..

6. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

great photos, great cars!

7. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Yeh lets here for back home, man the old Hydro plane is nice and the John Labatts truck nice show many cool rides

8. glassguy

glassguy

is that another copper cart clone????? the lettering on the door is differant

9. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Looks like a great show!.That is "the KK Clone".The one from Jersey.Thanks for posting pics.

10. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Hey...you should have stopped and said "Hello"....I didn't think there were any HAMBers there. What a great show Steve puts on.....when we get our pics together, I'll pst some too!

11. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

McKee........I like that statement "throws a little car show". Very funny! The generosity of this man is incredible. Opening his estate to ~3000 cars is amazing.
    The feature cars were Amphicars. Here are some more pics...

Attached Files:

12. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

The evenings entertainment was Tommy James and the Shondell's. They rocked the house (tent) for almost 2 hours. Here are some more pics.
    I know there is a picture of a custom guitar somewhere in the last photo......
    The guitar was auctioned off that evening for $5500. All money collected at the show goes to local charities.

Attached Files:

13. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

The collection of 30's era Cadillacs is housed in a new building styled after the 30's era architecture. One of the noteable Cads is the Chicken Coupe cad that was stored in a chicken coupe from 1931 to 2005. Untouched in all of its patina glory.

The bamboo look on the body of the dual cowl Cad was hand-painted. It took two stripers from NJ 3 months to recreate.

Attached Files:

14. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

More! More!

Attached Files:

15. Thanks for posting up the pics! I didn't get a chance to see any of the show 'cause I had a booth there (at the corner of the dog barn), and couldn't get away. What a great day and turn out!

16. Asshole Garage

Asshole Garage
    BANNED
    from Sandy Utah

Good gawd ! what a show ! I LOVE the Labatt's truck ! And Barry Meguiar, wow , brings to mind a question , "Who's the creepiest car guy on t.v ?" Barry gives me the "Willies", but when I see the guy from Hagarty's Insurance , I hear banjo music !