Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods L.A. Roadsters now welcoming Suede & Traditional cars ?!?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Jun 9, 2009.

1. TERPU

TERPU

Well put Sam!

Tim

2. Verne

Verne
    from Burbank

isky04.jpg

Nice, but Isky should think about putting some radial tires on that baby! :D

LA ROADSTER show, it has some thing for everybody, it's one of the very best hot rod shows of the year!

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Red wheels and a black body? Isky was such a rat rodder!!!!

I will someday have to attend this show. You fellers have it real good in Cali.

4. That's my YIPEE face (haha). Prolly no rooms left @ Motel 6, but try. It's a good "hang", cheap, and really close. If you get a room, I'll buy drinks. OK? I'm gonna head to Motel 6 Friday after Bob's

5. autobilly

autobilly

IMO that "T" is to Hot Rodding what Elvis is/was to R'n'R, seminal.

6. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Ok, YIPEE face is good. I actually have a room there as well as the Sheraton. And it is like what, a 1/4 of the price? :rolleyes:

Back on topic, the first time I saw Isky's T in person at the NHRA museum I was blown away. I must have taken 50 pics!

7. Where does this $30.00 to park keep coming from? I just checked the LA Roadsters web site and saw the following; $15.00 per person, walk in or drive in doesn't matter. $10.00 to park in the Specialty lot and there was nothing about an extra charge for the Traditional & Suede area that is being setup. And $10.00 for parking in that area, is no worse than any other venue in So Cal that charges for "Preferred Parking", only this one is full of cool cars and saves the long walk from the regular lot.
    As for me, I think I'll just drive the Roadster Pick Up, park inside, Be treated warmly by the LAR guys and get my Pewter Mug

8. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

30 bucks is easier to get angry about?

9. str8Pipe65's

str8Pipe65's

is there a year cutoff?

10. Now that's funny

Pre 75

11. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

Growing up in the ffice:smarttags" /><ST1:place w:st="on">Midwest</ST1:place> there were two venues that seemed like the holy grail of hot rod accomplishments – having a car in either the L. A. Roadster Show or the Oakland Roadster Show… having never dreamed of owning a show car, my sights were set on the L.A. Roadster Show… I started with a well abused 33 Cabriolet Hot Rod and was determined to maintain its vintage 40’s – 50’s stature… the frame was wasted and was replaced, we rechanneled the car, left the rear bobshells, roll bar, and oddly enough it had a padded dash with a French seam like the early birds???... I wanted to retain the model 40 appearance so the 32 shell was replaced with a 33 and the firewall was repositioned farther backing the cowl… they had threw away the top irons and windows so a removal top was fashioned out of a spare Tudor sedan… I was preparing for the 90 show and found out that primer wasn’t permitted… after regrouping the car was painted for the sole purpose of allowed in the 91 show figuring I could primer over it after the show… but, fate stepped in when Butch Tucker did a tribute Von Dutch stripe job and signed it Von Butcher… I will never have the intestinal fortitude to repaint it… so the roadster show defined my car and now the worn paint job has become part of the car and I have no regrets… the car was in the Glenmoor Gathering show this past weekend and almost looked like it belonged there (not bad when ya consider that I started it in the middle of the resto-rod movement in 73 when it was consider a chopped and channeled Odd Rod with closed drive train) for more and larger pictures go to the Glenmoor Gathering folder at myspace.com/metzcraft (you do not have to an account on myspace)

Attached Files: