Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Wow that was cool.

I FINALLY HAVE A VAN NUYS CRUISING STORY OF MY OWN!!!!!

I loved the mix of cars. VW's to lowriders, to customs to muscle.. and averything in between.

A special thanks to the dealership that let us use there lot.

Beyond the racing the two other things that ruin cruising are littering and pissing in public. Let's remember to keep that cool.

Thanks to all.

2. kustomtbird

kustomtbird

Groucho,
    Way to koooooool last night. It just took me back 30+ years. Alos the same for my ride when Dale Gould had it and cruised the Blvd. to. Lets just hope they can keep it together and not let the knuckleheads ruin it for us again...
    Tony

3. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

I vote for keeping it on Wednesdays, I work evenings and Wednesday and Thursday are my days off. Don't get off until 9:00 pm and wouldn't be able to make Friday or Saturday. Besides, like others have said, it was originally on Wednesday!

4. kustomtbird

kustomtbird

Miguel
    You & the STRAYS always make a great appearance when your club shows up. Looking good I hope to see you guys at all of theses...

5. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

So who drove the farthest, i drove 100 miles from Nuevo, CA. east of Riverside. Apparently i have a bad wheel cylinder as i found out when i was leaving lol. Made it home at 2am. But i had a blast. I was in the 50 chevy that made a handful of passes. I wonder why were so many people just parked, it would have been great to see the parking lots flow out and really cruise.

I hope to come out again next month with a few friends. The drive is pretty long for me but it was worth it.

Ernie

6. 50Fraud

50Fraud

One sighting I liked: a couple in their '60s or '70s, driving an immaculate '63 Biscayne post with 5-spokes and a lumpy idle. She was sitting right next to him on the bench seat.

They got it exactly right.

7. lownslow

lownslow

awesome !

8. I gotta agree with my brother, for wednsdays. It was a blast! My wife and I
    drove our '68 Buick Sportwagon 400 out from West Covina. When we get off the Hollywood freeway and turned west on Burbank Blvd. we were joined by a '56 ford tudor, 32 ford roadster, early '70's Dice van, 36 ford
    etc. I looked at my wife and said, this is a good sign. We had a big group.
    My brother in laws '63 427 Galaxie, sisters 56 210 tudor, brothers 55 Belair
    sedan, other brother in laws '67 Fairlane, buddies '69 Stage 1 Buick, Boogers low 10sec. 4 speed '65 Falcon and on and on. We would definetly do it again. I have a feeling its gonna get bigger

9. Eryk

Eryk

I haven't had that much fun at a cruise or show in a loooong time. A big thanks to Reid and everyone else who helped organize it. Amazing turn out! Got to stay out late on a school night. :)

Donnie, hopefully you can make it out for a bit next time. Thanks for helping me resurrect my Olds. You and Rick Grindel really came through for me in a pinch. The paint and stripes were still wet when we got to Rydell. Haha.

I'll see everyone out there next month! I won't be in the Olds. I got another toy that you guys might dig.;):D

10. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Now that was a night! Looked just like 1978. Vans all on a front row at Rydell, 32 Tub Pat was telling stories about his earlier hot rod hoodlum days. Gassers, Chopped 55 Chevys, Camaros, Low Riders,Customs, Street and Hot Rods, Anything one could think of! A night many will never forget!
    I hope it goes down again soon, but remember that the Broiler will be having a weekly cruise night on wednesdays as well, so I'll try to make as many as I can out in the valley.
    Long live Van Nuys Blvd Cruising!

11. Frick & Frack

Frick & Frack

Bring That Elco Up Here To My Area Saturday Night And I'll Give You Your Race. There Are A Few Other Races Planned Also.

12. bigds54

bigds54
    from Sun Valley

found this on you tube this morning pretty awesome couple of little clips mostly from the parking lot at the ralphs, sorry if its been posted before. P.S. just look through the guys videos cause he has quite a few of last night, again thanks to everyones effort to put this together vncruiser, groucho, elrobo, and whoever else was behind the scenes, and everyone that showed up, my only wish was that my 54 couldve made it hell even if i had just the parking break i woulda gone :mad: enjoy

13. Jugsy Malone

Jugsy Malone

<object width="576" height="432" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/92064773887" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/92064773887" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="576" height="432"></embed></object>

I loved this Vette!

14. Good times last night. Good group of folks and rides. I noticed we gained a few new Hambers from last nights cruise. Cool!

15. Lucky444

Lucky444

Please, more pics and vids for us exiles!

16. I know a lot of people were parked and did not cruise. I made a couple passes, but am guilty of not cruisin much. However, in my defense, I lived and raced Van Nuys a LOT, and ran into about 50 people I haven't seen in 30+ years. But, now that those formalities are behind me, I'll be cruisin a lot more next time. I mean, I saw a LOT of guys I haven't seen or street raced with in years. So, imagine all the "catching up" that was going on. I'm still in dis-belief of the turnout. Lots of people just hearing about it in the last couple days

17. As Groucho was saying.., I was talking to him and a couple a guys and one of em remarked about all the people from the past. Groucho says
    "Yep, there are alot of ghosts here tonight".

18. On the way home, after 11PM, I went to the B of A parking lot where the best street racing was negotiated back in the 70's. I got mad goosebumps. Rick, you remember the Bank? I was up till 2AM, positively "wired" from the experience

19. groucho i remember at one point me and you were thinking that we were going to be the only ones there. ha ha ha

20. Yep I remember the B of A. My dad stopped racing when they sold the '56 (to many kids/not enough money). He also stopped taking me to the drags very often, I guess it was to painful to not be involved. When I was about 12 a guy across the street had a hopped up '67 Chevelle and he worked at the In N Out on Roscoe. He comes home from work one night 2-3am and says hey
    I went to the street races tonight and it was BITCHEN! He was kind a like an older brother so my folks didn't mind him taken me the next weekend..,
    I found a new place to get my drag racing fix. Most of the older neighbor hood guys would take me cause I'd find out were the next race was gonna be and report back to them. It was a magical time for a car kid going into his teens.

21. P.S. Thanks for you and the other guys getting it together!

22. Yeah, how WRONG were we? :D:D:D:D

23. Frick & Frack

Frick & Frack

All I Can Say Is I Had A Great Time, It Was A Blast Cruising My Ugly Nova Down That Street And Remembering Just How Much Fun We Had Back In The Day.

Thanks To Everyone Who Made It Happen.

PS Groucho This Sat. Night Bring That Elco Up Here To The Street Races And I'll Give You Your Race, Plus There Is Other Races Locked Up Already.

Peace!

24. 7 and the "move" for $500. Great seeing you again. And your family that hung with us through a lot of fun years

25. Frick & Frack

Frick & Frack

Hey It Was Five And The Move Last Night..

26. THAT.. was LAST night:p. And THAT was here:D, not the "desertplex" (Palmdale):rolleyes:

PS-Brad Lagman gets credit for "desertplex"

27. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

I'm glad to hear last night was as much of a buzz for you guys who were there back then as it was for us who weren't!
    I've been talking about it all day - think I'm still coming down!
    I'll post a couple more pics when I get home tonight.
    Next time's gonna be great..

28. Frick & Frack

Frick & Frack

Yeah It's A Shame I Have To Race Out Here In The Desert, But The Cops Don't Mess With Us And They Don't Impound Your Car And Crush It Here. Can't Take The Chance Racing In The Valley As Bad Ass I Wanted To Because My Car Runs So Much Better There.

29. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Hey Groucho, did Jim and Bottle Bob show? Bob e-mailed me before he was suppose to leave.

30. YES, and Bob loved it. Not too characteristic of his personality. AND, Mike (booboo) Zerbate was with them. The original owner of the Vette I was in when it burned to the ground at LACR. I assume you heard about that one? Also, Bob Brandt was there. do you remember him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.