Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

WAY fuckin cool

i couldnt be more jealous of you guys !

2. awesome time...that was alot of fun. I am so looking forward to it next month.

The cops we way cool. there was alot of "hard launches" and "fly bys" that got through without much of a notice. the only guy I heard about getting stopped layed rubber WAAAAAAY down the street right past a patrol car.

it was a fantastic mix of cars, Muscle, Lowriders, Kustoms, Rods, Junkers, 4X4s, mini, bikes, vans, shit there was pretty much something for everyone. Rydells was cool as hell. I went up on the roof of their building and snapped a picture with my buddie scamera. he will post it later....

3. Wow. It looks like there was a wide variety of cars. That's what it really was like in the sixties. We didn't segregate ourselves by styles. Just went out to see and be seen.

4. RUDOG

RUDOG

I agree w/ Groucho & Miguel....

That was a Blast!! thank you Rydell, VNcruiser, Elrobo,Miguel, Groucho & everyone else who had something to do w/ getting all those cars together last night. people were really cruising!!....

The guy that works at the Mobil station asked me if we could come everyday....

Can't wait till the next one! yeah!....

5. It was bitchin'. Loved the smell of race gas wafting down the Boulevard.
    It certainly looked like back in the "good old days" with all different styles of rides sharing VN with slightly confused commuters . . .

6. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

LOVE IT!!! See? You CAN go back in time.

Thanks Groucho.

7. michael_cini

michael_cini

thanks again Reid! it was a blast. i'm glad i could hook you up with Chip at Rydell and play a role in making this all happen!
    Michael

8. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

Last night was toooooo much fun. my wife and I can't wait till the next one and the 55 should be wired by then (if I get off my ass). Damn, it was epic.

9. flynstone

flynstone

yep gotta stay wed nite cause thats how it was ,,club nite........big thanks to rydell .........but i think (just me you can hate) had we just parked on the streets maybe more cars would have made a lap or two also why meet some where, just show up and cruize..it used to be you would see some freind pull over talk then cruize till ya saw someone else ..it was awesome and big thanks to reid vnca and everyone who was a part of it...just think if all the cars in rydell were on the street WOW.........that was great..............too much fun with your pants on...

10. Roadmistress

Roadmistress
    from Van Nuys

It WAS awesome!! There was an amazing mix of cars there---something for everyone. I think my eyes were bugging out of my head the WHOLE time. I went almost straight from work and had planned to find something to eat, and I even forgot to eat I was so damned excited. That's really saying something. The fumes were intoxicating! I hope that this happens again, and if it does PLEASE come and bring your stuff because this is truly a Back-in-the-Day experience. I wasn't around for the first run on Van Nuys, but I'm sure as hell gonna make the most of Round 2.

11. Splinter

Splinter

What you said....there were a few cars that went by that you could smell they weren't running on pump gas!!

12. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

Oh and a HUGE thanks to all that made this possible. I told my dad that we cruised Van Nuys last night and he was in total shock, all his stories started flooding back. He looked like a kid again. And please lets keep this on Wed. night and try to make this a monthly thing.

13. good times, glad I made the drive out there. Some cool cars that you don't see at Bob's every weekend and also. Also cool to see some grandma's in their souped up early Camaros! A real great mix of people.

14. Salvarican

Salvarican

My clothes smelled like exaust when i got home. Plus i felt a little high with the fumes. Cant wait for another cruise. Low and slow.

15. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

You're right! He told us he's owned the car since '62 and cruised Van Nuys regularly in it. He pointed out where all the old hang outs were, told us where him and the other 'vette guys hung out. Later in the night, after a ferw laps he said
    "The cops can't bust us for curfew anymore - now the cops are kids, we're the old guys - and some of us are lawyers!"
    Even handed out I love Van Nuys buttons!
    Can't wait for next time!

16. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

It was fucking awesome last night. Much love to all that put this together.

17. lownslow

lownslow

looks like a rad time . very surprised there were no assholes racing and acting a fool . i thought for sure the cops would have a field day writing tickets for too low , no front plate, exhaust , etc . very cool . lets see some more pics .

18. Damn, I wished I got a button for my "junk" collection. Maybe he'll have one at Bob's tomorrow

19. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

You missed out Donnie. I know Eryk tried to get you out with us.

20. man donnie always missing out, i remember when we were at bob's every friday. now we hardly see you

21. febail

febail
    from Van Nuys

Hello to everyone,

It was nice to see a lot of "old" faces last night out on Van Nuys Blvd. I wanted to thank Harlan "Super Jew" Brown, Tony Noto and Wayne "California Cowboy" Christensen for reminding me of the event.

I started to think of Jack in the Box, Bob's Jr and meeting in the B of A parking lot with many old friends like Sonny Williams, Mike Sanchez, "Fat Ron" Behrman, Dale Herron, John "Gotcha" Goms ( and Diane), Bobby Carson (RIP), Bruce Schwartz, Jeff Maddox, Monk, Coocher, Bobby, Mike, Joe Regetti and Charlie Falcone and names forgotten with time.

I was reminded of many Wednesday nights where I was standing in front of two cars 10 feet apart with revving engines, burn-outs done then pointing right, left, up and wait for it... DOWN! There we were on Saticoy, Balboa, Plummer, and even on the unfinished 210 and 118 Freeways... with sometimes as little as 10 people and sometimes hundreds of kids watching two cars screaming past me, to meet up later to collect well earned money just to put it back into the cars... back to garages to set the car up for next week and do it all over again...

I think you can see that I enjoyed last night, and I hope we can all do it again soon...

22. lownslow

lownslow

thanks guys . yeah eryk tried . but the most important thing was his car is fixed from the hit and run . and was there . he was STOKED ! . he rules !

23. alanrw

alanrw
    from SoCal

Is this gonna be a weekly or monthly event?

alan

24. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Wheres the video???

25. Jugsy Malone

Jugsy Malone

26. Been visiting the hamb for years but never joined til now! Went out in the Rivi last night and had a great time. Can't wait for July. Groucho, I talked to Dave this morning and he couldn't believe Van Nuys Blvd. came alive last night. Maybe it will be some incentive for him to get his car done!

27. badshifter

badshifter

Awesome night, thanks to all who made it happen. Was funny to see all the faces from the past and how they look old now. I on the other hand have not aged a bit ......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.