Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 62 Merc, Flake update !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Jun 10, 2009.

1. getting close, sorry the pictures aren't to great but I didn't have my camera with me. Was a last minute,run to Seattle to check the color. Maybe back in my hands by Saturday ! I promise more pics for sure ! Thank you Jason and guys at Old Iron Customs, looking great ! The insert below the side glass will be flaked painted also. What do you think ! Ok so i promised more update pics, Jason and the guys have been working their butts off on my Merc. will have completed car pictures next week. Sorry for my mistake on Jason shop name, my bad !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  2. unibody

unibody

That is going to look bad ass!

3. Thank you ! Jason and the guys are working there butts off( Jason hope your feeling better by the way !) I will have more pictures once the flake is done and cleared.

4. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

yeah, what he said

5. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

That is looking good, will be interesting to see how the portion below the glass looks..

6. teisco

teisco

Damn I love '62 Mercs.

7. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

8. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Looks good Rob....that's gonna be tits!

9. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

very nice color,its going to look awesome.

10. Thanks guys ! I'm really excited to get back and start driving it again. Maybe this Saturday, stay tuned !!!

11. poncho

poncho

you dont see enough of that body style Ford done custom..thats a cool car to give the 60's feel to,,keep us posted..looking good,,,poncho...

12. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Nice! Was he just testing the color or are those fades staying?

13. Chaoticcustoms

Chaoticcustoms

turned out nice, i remember when you were asking about that!!!!!!

14. that's just cut in when I took the picture with the camera on my phone, the flake and clear are still to come, stay tuned !!!! wigwagatron !

15. Thanks Poncho ! will keep you posted !

16. more pics getting really close. Jason and the guys at Old Iron Customs working hard to get the Merc done, may have it back sometime early next week. One is a before shot, Jason deleted the Merc badge on the C pillar, which cleaned the roof up. Thank you Jason and guys ! Eric great to see you , and thanks for the cold brew also Jason !

Attached Files:

17. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

me too!! should have never got rid of mine back in the day:mad::mad:

18. Eric, the Zigzagatron was looking sweet !

19. a few more, flash wasn't going off. Damn new Camera

Attached Files:

20. 52style

52style

and i clicked this post cuz i thought it was about someone flaking on a deal oh well

anyway nice job!!!!!!

21. Lucky444

Lucky444

I like the thin strip of flake along the top of the door edge inside of the trim piece. Nice.

I was looking at and considering that same Merc on Craigslist before you picked it up and glad it's gone to a good home. It's looking good.

22. Bluedscrewed&tattooed

Bluedscrewed&tattooed
    from AUSTIN,TX

WE SHOULD HAVE ROBS MERC DONE SOON!! I have taken pics at every step along the way so people can see how we doo things, I will post them all here when we are done, a little more wet sanding, then final clear. its looking really good. GOING IN TODAY TO FINISH IT.
    Jason
    P.S. hey Rob its "Old Iron Customs"

23. Oops my bad , I'am really sorry to Jason and all at Old Iron Customs I got the name of the shop wrong. Please check out Jason's shop, the Merc will be at Billetproof, hopefully in his booth. Jason is cool guy, great vibe does great work. I can't wait to see his picture from the start to finish ! Thank you to all at Old Iron Customs !!!!!!!!!

24. wow , just got text pic from Jason at Old Iron Customs. My socks are knocked off right now ! Great job Jason !

25. Bluedscrewed&tattooed

Bluedscrewed&tattooed
    from AUSTIN,TX

OK SO Robs roof is done, so not to highjack this Im going to post a whole new thread.
    Jason

26. bigs merc

bigs merc

I'm stunned. You're motivating e to get the chrome off of my '64 for body work and paint this summer. Anywho, your merc looks great!!! I bet you're the talk of the cruises.

27. well here is the Merc in all her Flaked Glory !!! Really happy with it, carpet this Saturday. My gal's unhappy Dog sitting in the Car, Thank you to my gal Trina for putting up with me while doing this, and following me up and back to Seattle . One last time ,I sound like a broken record .. BIG THANK YOU's TO Jason and the crew at Old Iron Customs !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  28. michael_cini

michael_cini

wow, nice flake! congrats.