Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Good lookin' out, guys! I was there in a friend's white 65 roadrace mustang. I think we were there around 10 or so.

It was a real mixed crowd, except few to no ricers. I was pleasantly surprised to see the lowriders there. Some cool pro street style cars, cool hot rodded muscle cars, and hamb friendly vehicles as well.

I saw some photogs, supposedly one was from car craft, I'm sure a few pics will make it into one of the mags.

I don't know how forwarned the cops were, but they were real mellow and unobtrusive. Most people kept it cool with no burnouts, thank god.

I really liked the van club too, I'd just seen the Dice magazine van for the first time the other day, man that has great paint on it!

I had a good time, more fun than Bobs big boy actually as these were cars I havne't seen over there before.

Will I go every week? Probably not, but if it were the first wed of every month maybe I would.

It was a cool and unique thing to do, thanks guys for all your hard work settting it up!

2. great times, i had a blast! i hope this will become a monthly thing. im sure it took a lot of people back in time.

3. It actually made me miss my ex-wife. Van nuys in our early teens.. Us in my 66 gto. No damn money.. All the time in the world.. Life was easy.. Shit... Now i need a damn tissue.. If you need me... I'll be in the corner in the fetal position whimpering...... All that crap aside....... It was way freaking cool...

4. Frick & Frack

Frick & Frack

Just Got Home From Van Nuys Blvd Cruise, Saw A Lot Of Very Cool Cars And Lots Of Old Friends. Can't For The Next One.

Tom

5. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

AND? I'm sittin up here in the Great NW wondering "What happened?", Good or bad it's a big boulevard and a big parking lot so be knowing it will take time, I'm working on my '40 Ford and hope to have it down there by the first of July with a borrowed engine and then it's you and me at the line Groucho, no money tho, for two reasons, #1 it will cost me big time to travel all that way (just to spank you and send you home in less than 9 seconds, #2 I don't wanna take yur money, car or girl friend! LOL. You lucky bee-ott-chez!! GOT'CHEW! The '40 don't tow no more. But it go like hell!!

6. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

Did some of my NW boys show up? I told you you could do it! I did the best I could from up here. I contacted the people I told you I would and hopefully my protoge, SCIMO, the pinstriper showed up and Big Willie. Super Jew? Bottle bob? I'm moving back down cause you all are'nt wusses by ANY stretch. Elrobo? Miguel? How'd ya like it? Did you get a taste of the '70's. Multiply what you saw by 10 fold for a NORMAL wen. in the '70's then multiply that by 100 on a good night and my friends that is the truth!! As President of the Accociated Car Clubs Of Van Nuys (ACCVN) (27k strong, out of the Van Nuys PD in 1972-73) we were prevy to the #'s that hit the street. Again congrat's on a job well done, NOW I can finish the third book on Van Nuys and start the 4TH!!!!!! Got'cha.

7. Salvarican

Salvarican

Shit, this was a fun night. Its been a while since i cruised. Even my wife was amazed at how many cars showed up. Different styles of cars along different age groups and different styles. It was safe and the Sherriff didnt stress. I even saw the firefighters come out their station to come watch the cars cruise by the station. The homeless people had great entertainment. Hopefully it happens once a month. I showed up in my 64 impala.

8. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

OOOOHHH MAAAAAN THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!

Matt and Justina From Dice and I drove the vans up and had a way better time than we thought we were going to. It felt like a real cruise night not like some pretend shit. There were cars all over the place. I had never driven on Van Nuys before and it definitely felt like we were in another time. We used to cruise in Riverside on Fri and Sat nights in the 80's and this was way better! I know it can't compare to back in the day, but damn it sure felt good. We rolled into the Rydell lot around 8 and it was full. Had to park across the street. Then we drove the Blvd for about half an hour and pulled into the Ralph's. Stayed there for awhile, cruised then parked back at Rydell. Big thanks to everyone who put this thing on, you really took me somewhere I've always dreamed of.
    It was great to see "Wheels of Confusion" van club there. There were a total of about 10-12 vans there including ours. My camera's flash is busted so I couldn't take pics. If anyone has pics of my blue Econo with the Dice van I'd be really stoked to see them.

9. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Hopefully the back of my truck will be done by next month

10. Greezer

Greezer
    from Arnold MO

Reid, You da man... You made all this possible, they need to interview you on Jay Leno's new show... by the way did Jay show up for the cruise?
    Keep it Low and Cruise it Slow....
    Greezer

11. Searcher

Searcher

Heck..... This is Great.....Hambers are building Hot Rods right and left....Bob's Big Boys are being opened all over the place...now Van Nuy's Blvd. cruising is resurrected.

Are Tamborines coming back too :D

12. alanrw

alanrw
    from SoCal

The cruise was a blast!!! Great job everyone. It was 1969 all over again!!!

How often is this cruise supposed to occur? Would it be better on a Friday or Saturday night or just stay with Wed. Night Cruise?

Someone should contact IN-N-OUT Burger and have then roll the trailer out to the blvd. There is also some guy in Reseda who has a rolling soft serve ice cream truck.

If someone can respond to the schedule for the cruise, I will contact the above food venders.

Great job...kudos to the organizers.

alan

13. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Looks like this one was dug-out just for the cruise! Jacked-up stance, old belted whitewalls on old five-spokes, blended front pan, side marker lights out of a Mopar, speakers on the deck behind the seats. I love it!

14. CanyonCarver

CanyonCarver
    from So-Cal

Last night was Epic! I will post a few pictures in a while when I download them. I passed around a few magazines; I hope people like it.

15. Is one of these your van?

[​IMG]

16. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Was there any trouble? Or ricers and minitrucks???

17. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

Cruising Van Nuys Blvd. has returned!!! Thanks to everyone involved in getting the word out for the cruise. And big thanks to Rydell for opening up their gates. Without them we would have had cars spilling out of the Ralph's parking lot and onto the street... Oh wait! Maybe thats a good thing... more cars cruising instead of parked. I saw lowriders, bombs, mini-trucks, lifted 4wd's, kustoms, muscle cars, vans, bicycles ha.. great time. Cant wait for the next cruise in mid July. My chick and I had a blast.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  18. CalGasser

CalGasser

:confused: What's the chances of having it on Friday nights so people who cruise Bob's can also cruise over to Van Nuys? :confused:

19. pedro jr

pedro jr
    from california

:) it happend last night didnt know about it a friend call me i was there on my 69 chevy c10 it turn out pretty good good thing no tuners.

20. It HAS TO STAY WEDNESDAY! It's the day that "works". So, ya don't fuck with something that "works".

21. michael_cini

michael_cini

That was a blast! Was not in SoCal in the day, so it was fun to experience what it must have been like to a small degree. Brought the Falcon, wife and kid. Got there at 7:30 and barely got into the Rydell lot before it got jam packed full! It was amazing to see all different periods of vintage cars represented, and really neat to see the vans! Is there some way to keep the cars in more of a pack while cruising, even though there were tons of cars, it was still spread out. I agree with some others who have suggested that this should probably be done on a monthly basis, that way it would retain a 'special' status and hopefully keep a big turn out.

22. tanman

tanman

Last night was a blast! Thanks to everyone..that helped put this together!
    My dad was there in his car and it brought back great memories. I was there with my wife and 5 yr old son......he was having so much fun!

Thanks again everyone!

23. A Lot OF people were video recording last night hopefully they share!!!!

24. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

Thanks for showing the pic but no, mine was the dark blue 74 rolling with the Dice van.

25. MCM

MCM

Awesome time last night, WAAAAAAYYYYY more people than I was expecting. I was there from about 8:30-10:00 in my buddy's '72 Charger, I'll have my roadster back together for the next one =)

It would be great to turn this into a monthly thing, if it was weekly we'd probably wear out our welcome with the cops pretty quick. Monthly also makes it more of an event and keeps the attendance up, people can't just go "Something came up, I'll just go next week."

26. i have to agree with groucho

27. this guy was handing out pins that said I heart van nuys

28. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I had a good time, very nostalgic. It's been 50 years since I cruised Van Nuys on the way to Bob's Van Nuys (long gone). HUGE number of generally very nice cars, more of them parked than driving. Didn't see a single POS rat rod!

29. CalGasser

CalGasser

OK,OK,OK, I got it! NOW COOL YOUR JETS Groucho!!! Just a thought...:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.