Register now to get rid of these ads!

History NHRA Junior Stock

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by colesy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. So cool! When did they louver the hood?
    -Dean

2. 56 Pontiac I/SA

56 Pontiac I/SA
    from Maryland

Actually it sold for $226,521. The eBay listing is no longer available, but see post # 750 for more info on that ultra-rare Pontiac (you remember Pontiacs!) racer.

And yea WagonKiller ... what's the deal with the louvered hood? I really doubt if George ever used it.

3. WagonKiller

WagonKiller
    BANNED

I dunno thats the way i got it. I know my dad liked it but i do not belive he had it done.

4. WagonKiller

WagonKiller
    BANNED

I havn't seen it on any of the pics so far,and if i remember correctly i asked mr cureton if it was on there and he said no.
    It was owned by a 2 man team in titusville after george then by a man in meadville that my dad bought it from where it came in at who knows.

Hey i bought the car as a 56 delivery project that had sat far to long in a building.Thats the way she came and i wasn't gonna complain.It will have that hood and another stock hood painted when it's done.

Funny what a 30 some odd year memory of a paper on a window,and a couple cecil county drag-o-way time slips in a glove box can actually turn out to be.

:cool:

5. My friend, take off that hood, clean it up, put in on Epay .Use the money towards your restoration.
    You wouldn't get two feet inside a nostalgia event with that hood, without being soundly beaten upside the head with old National Dragsters, Car Crafts ,and Hot Rods.

6. WagonKiller

WagonKiller
    BANNED

Thats where hood #2 comes in!

Sorry i am a man of my word.When i make a deal i KEEP the deal intact.

One of the reasons my father sold ME the car so cheap.The hood was one of them,so i buy the other stock hood.Paint BOTH hoods and if i cruze around and not go to a show or meet of some kind i use the louvred one.

Deal Kept,political correctness also kept.And no one comes to haunt my azz from the netherworld!

7. ?????

8. bundyracingdaman

bundyracingdaman

wagonkiller, way to go! its rare these days to find a man of his word these days keep the hood, paint another and use both! i doubt that a louvered hood will hurt the historical value of the car, and should you have to ever sell the car, you will have the other hood to give the new owner should they want it!

9. WagonKiller

WagonKiller
    BANNED

Thank You! I don't think markyac quite understood what i was trying to say.You did i'll explain it one of these days.

I have a friend that has 2 hoods and told me take my choice $100 bucks.so no real BIG expence there,well worth that to keep my word.

See dad knew i didn't really want he hood on there,it dumped water all over the engine when it rains or gets wet washing it.The man absolutly LOVED that hood! And of course didn't want it gone and when i explain "The Rest of the Story" You'll understand!

10. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

this thread kinda died

11. Yeah, I wonder why?
    Nobody knows how to follow that last act.

12. 65deluxe

65deluxe

Well I'll try.
    Speaking of '56 Chevy sedan deliveries, I present the Yoo Hoo Too. Sorry, unknown photographers.
    jesel2.jpg

Attached Files:

13. janet

janet
    from USA

R.I.P gang, and to all who have left us for the staging lanes upstairs, it has been fun strolling down memory lane.....

14. TO ALL:

I guess with summer here and with so many things to do outside that it what is causing this lull of input.
    It defininetly is not like the winter when everybody would rather huddle at the computer in stead of going out to the garage or shop to work on a project.
    I know that I have less time in the evening after work because the days are so long and I have so much to do outside while I can.
    Hope everyone has a good summer.

Dom Rinaldi

15. Bob Rice

Bob Rice

They are Bill Dedman's pictures that I scanned and posted on the Yahoo Stk/SS group.
    Bob Rice

16. jomill

jomill

17. Bob Rice

Bob Rice

She ain't dead yet. Here's a couple I found on a CD last week that I don't think have been posted.

Attached Files:

18. colesy

colesy

So right Bob! This thing ain't over till the Fat Lady Friggin Sings. There's much more to come, we've just been taking things a bit slower now that the nice weather is here.. I have a feature article on Tony Pizzi and his
    "Worlds Fastest Z/28" that needs to be seen. Also, I think we may have most all of the Junior/Stock build-up articles from Car Craft that should be added. Heck, we've only just begun. Stay Tuned cause this thing is far from over. Stick around everybody and feel free to add any stories, opinions etc.
    .............Colesy

Attached Files:

19. bundyracingdaman

bundyracingdaman

your the man colsey! lets dont let the thread die, my 56 sedan delivery is coming along (i recently got some lettering done on the side panels of a speed shop that used to exist in town when i was a kid) iwant to post a picture, if i can figure out how, and get opinions if im getting the jr. stock vibe somewhat close! also want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread, it is helping me a lot!

20. colesy

colesy

Get that picture Posted!! We want to see it. We'll like it guaranteed!Thanks for posting Mr. Bundy;
    .......Colesy

21. TMcCrea

TMcCrea
    from Maryland

How about the 1970 Summernationals with Tony Pizzi, Dave Boertman and Max Sterling?

[​IMG]

22. TMcCrea

TMcCrea
    from Maryland

Tim Bishop at the 1971 Summernationals.

[​IMG]

23. TMcCrea

TMcCrea
    from Maryland

Tom Schumacher at the 1970 US Nationals.

[​IMG]

24. bertbrown

bertbrown
    from ca

GREAT picture at the 70 Summers! The tree's fully lit, ready to GO!

25. Irwin

Irwin

I opened the new Hot Rod Magazine, saw a center spread on Junior Stockers. The "57 Chevy Bel Air that Steve Shwimmer and I ran from 1957 to mid '60's is shown racing a 210. Ours was the first car sponsered by Marv Ripes (A-1).

We won the Winternationals, I think it was '64 as in the picture. Note A-1 on rear fender.

Does anyone know how I can find a list of class winners for the early 60's?

By the way, Marv is fine, we went to a car show last Sunday at the Rose Bowl.

26. agtw31

agtw31

<P>does anybody have any pics of the 70 W-31 cutlass that won F/Stock at Indy in 1970?</P>
    <P>i believe owner was Jack Marks.</P>

if the pic is too new for the board,
    please email pics to

[email protected]

27. spiertb

spiertb

I bought that Fairlane from Tom Schumacher(post # 2779) shortly after that race.

28. Is it a 427 car? W or R code. Still around?

29. Tony Janes

Tony Janes

I have the class winners from 63 and 64 Winternationals. Which class did you win?

30. 57 delivery

57 delivery
    from Edgely,Pa.

Bob great shot of the Revenuer. Thanks and I hope this thread just continues on like it should do....