Register now to get rid of these ads!

Baileigh is looking for ideas for a new contest / giveaway for the HAMB!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, May 21, 2009.

1. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Ha Ha! :rolleyes:

Even though you were kidding, you might be onto something.

2. budd

budd

so what are we doing?, has this been decided?

3. pyro3256

pyro3256
    from OKC

i like the idea of even field. a bead roll contest would knock out any one who dosent have one. (yes i have one). the sheet metal idea is nice or the home built tool to replace factory tools is good what ever you do it should be something every one can enter. pro shop, weekend warrior, shade tree, whatever. tools do not make the fabricator they just make his job easier. so just make a decision and lets rock it. it's your contest you tell us. i'm in need of a shrinker/stretcher so thats my vote. but let the winner pick.

4. metalman

metalman

Aww man, I have a bead roller and a shrinker/strecher, I was hoping for the Tube bender!:( I agree, keep it open enough that everyone can try. If anything, I'd limit it to a metal fab tech (any type) seeing how metal fab tool maker ponied up to sponser.

5. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Any other votes for the tube bender?

6. budd

budd

i vote for the tube bender, i have a bead roller, a stretcher/shrinker, and a tube bender, yours looks portable enough to take with me when i do road jobs, i have an idea, what if sometime down the road you do a series of contests that includes a plane ticket, along with a tool prize, to your shop, say maybe a 5 part contest, and you have the great once a year Baileigh fab off...

7. HOTTRODZZ

HOTTRODZZ

( We need a name or a theme for the contest coming up please. )

ok......

The Baileigh Tools (Hot Rod METALICA ) fabrication & Design Awards.

RMP

8. id vote for the tube bender..

i've got a beadroller just seems i cant do much with it

johnny

9. Tube bender looks nice. Seems to have some really nice features to it and it is something that would be cost effective for a small shop or home shop. I have a HUTH bender which is more exhaust focused, but works great for even solid bar stock up to 1 3/4".

Anyway, I am the co-promoter of the Shakedown in Aug. I think Rick may have contacted you guys about the event.

We would be more than happy if you wanted to do any promotional stuff at the show. There will be a ton of Hambers there as well as thousands of local Wisconsinites. We could come up with something inexpensive and a win-win for both of us.....maybe you could even announce the winner of this promotion Sat night at the Shakedown. If you would like to chat about it, shoot me a PM with your #.

10. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Baileigh fab off...

Not too shabby

11. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Ryan and I are thinking about a month out or so. Any other cool ideas? Names? Themes?

This one is going to be a large giveaway, about $1,500 or so. :D

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  12. budd

budd

homemade intakes.

13. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Naaa. :rolleyes:

14. justheman

justheman

Whoever comes up with the best contest and name wins!

15. vectorsolid

vectorsolid
    from Montana

What is the correct phonetic pronunciation of Baileigh?

<-owns Bailegh notcher and Roll Bender. :)

16. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Hey guys I have never posted on this item before . But lineage of our hobby life style,whatever term you care to use is salt flat or drag racing lot of guys using bomber seats, scoops ,ducts, louvers, race interiors and roll bars .Theres alot of metal work in these cars someone pro or not teaching seat building door panels , seats, patches or tanks .Some of the nicest work come from your ability and imagination then the machine !! Mentors stand up dont make it a pissing contest .Good tools always help show how and why!! make em safe Help the new guys !! P.S were building a streamliner in east texas just for the hell of it!!

17. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

That's just what I was thinking.

A contest for somebody who does the most with the least. Call it the Baileigh's Bail Out.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  18. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Correct phonetic pronunciation of Baileigh = Baily

19. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

The Baileigh Bail Out!

Ding Ding Ding, I think we have a winner!

Shifty, PM me your address and and I will send you a Baileigh hat!

20. jhnarial

jhnarial
    from MISSOURI

These tech articles could take a little while to put up if you don't have something to put up.Have we locked down what we are doing.Or is it a free for all tech week?

It would take me a few weekends to do what I am thinking about but I'm not sure if it will even be eligible.

21. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Hang tight......

Nothing set in stone yet. Should be more details ar we get closer to the date. I'm sure it will be some sort of Tech week deal, but not sure details yet.

Still looking for great ideas.......:)

22. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Let's keep this thread going till the contest. We have a name.....now we just need some more flare!

23. pyro3256

pyro3256
    from OKC

well a tech week deal sounds great. there has to be some sort of guidlines for it but what. i'm new here so maybe ya'll already have them for tech week and i just don't know. but it seams hard for me to think up something. everyone is good at something. and sucks at another. that's what makes this site so great the sharing of knowledge. i'm good at welding, your good at painting, ect,ect. so how something like this is judged is beyond me. but i love the idea. i'm in, i hope. i have a lot on my plate right now so hoping the timing is right that i can work on something to submit.
    how about ya'll review how past tech weeks and contest have been handeled so fng's like me can get a better idea what this is going to be like. then maybe more ideas will flow.

24. Pins&Needles

Pins&Needles
    from Santa Cruz

I like the idea of the Baileigh Bail out... Rather than making it a contest about who has the least (tools, skills, etc.) which would seem to limit the results of the contest. What if we made it a situation about starting with the least, for example the a cowl or something and building from there? It could be a contest where you start with the least, and get the most done from the start of the contest to the end... we could do something like everyone participating in the contest could take an introduction picture with their heap of parts (or lack there of) with a newspaper from the day of the contest start and then whom ever has the best, build by the end is the winner. The "best" could be judged on a myrid of topics, for instance... most complete, ingenuity, most creative, most traditional, etc. Obviously the judges could could guage the builders heart in the project by looking at the pics, for instance someone doing amazing stuff in their backyard verses somone utilizing a huge fabrication shop to do the build... the guy that can do the amazing work from his backyard would show more labor, suffering, and skill because he doesn't have certain time saving devices at his disposal. What do you think? In my opinion most of the work should be done by the contestee because thats what its about... We could start gathering parts now and be ready when you give us the go ahead.

25. vectorsolid

vectorsolid
    from Montana

Broke-dick guys with no tools aren't buying boat loads of big buck tools. So are they "really" the market?

Bailout implys everybody involved is getting something, which is not the case.

And guys with Lot's of fab tools, usually get exactly what they want, when they want it.

No way to judge a project that gives proper credit to anybody.

Best plan of action? Perhaps let consumers come up with a good use for a Baileigh tool. Applys to everybody evenly, and forces consumers to think about how to use a Baleigh tool. Not show that they know how to use it skillfully, which would be a different contest. IMHO

"What can Baileigh do for you?"

Re-inforce in the consumers minds that Baileigh can make your life easier and your projects better. It's deeper than any particular tool, it's the entire brand that gets involved. thereby ensuring a possible consumer connection. As opposed to the value of any one particular tool which may or may not be of use to the majority of consumers at any given time.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  26. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Nice!

"What can Baileigh do for you?"

This is also a possibility! Thanks. PM me your address and I will send you out a Baileigh hat.

Shane

27. hamholfarm

hamholfarm
    from York, PA

Hi Shane and everyone else,

Here's a different idea,

The contestant would pick one or more of the tools up for winning, and would write an essay (or whatever you want to call it), describing the who, what, where, when, and why, they need that tool(s) for a project and/or sub-projects they are working on, or will be working on. The contestant can describe what they need to make, and the typical usage of the tool(s), or they can be more creative as the situations/projects dictate. Photos, diagrams, etc. would be optional.

I think this type of contest would not exclude anyone, or give advantage to anyone. It is not skill based, so a pro would not have an advantage over a beginner. It is not equipment based, so a large shop would not have an advantage over the backyard guy. It would however display who has a need for the tool(s) and how the tool(s) can be utilized, from basic to advanced, to very creative.
    <O:p
    Well, that’s my idea. Feel free to adjust/modify as you see fit.
    Shane, thank you for such a great opportunity – to who ever wins!
    Thanks,
    Chip

28. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Shane, the hat showed up yesterday. THANKS!! It's pretty sweet.

Good luck with the contest

29. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks for making us your 1st post!

30. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Your new Baileigh hat is a hot commodity in the Hot Rod and metal shaping world. Wear it proudly and protect it with your life. It could very well be stolen.

Welcome to the club!