Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ++ Pics ..NSRA YORK SUNNY SATURDAY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NITROFC, Jun 6, 2009.

1. mrwillys

mrwillys
    from PA

The 33 Plymouth with the reverse flow SBC is my friends', it was parked at my spots while he was tending to his flea market spots. I saw a few questions here, so, I'll do my best to answer them.

Yes, it does run fairly well, still wroking out the bugs. It has only been together for about a month. 1100 CC Honda motorcycle carbs, custom cam made by a guy in Minnesota, the intake valve and exhaust valves now have different jobs, so the exhaust valve must be upsized. That's about it, all of the mechanicals run the same orientation and direction as always. Yesterday (Sunday) he had it down near the flea market.

We wanted to cruise in it at Nats East but it is still running too rich and fouling plugs. Once he gets the bugs worked out of it we'll see what it can do!

2. Rossodino34

Rossodino34

Caused quite a stir, NSRA would not recognize it. No NSRA sticker and slicks...........

3. Thanks for the pics guys - first York I've missed in awhile. There's only so much you can do.

If I go from now on, it'll just be Sat - I gave up my room and all this year.

I'll see how this 30 year thing pans out but I do like visiting w/folks at York you only get to see once in awhile. I think the 30 year rule is just too much of a jump - should have been done more gradually IMHO and that would have avoided alot or crap.

4. Flat Power

Flat Power
    from New Jersey

Here are some more pictures of that nasty 3 window

Attached Files:

5. 5window

5window

That was definitely a top 5 car. Very nicely done.

6. banjorear

banjorear

I agree. Curious why this one caught your eye when you mentioned in a previous post that cars powered by a SBC didn't interest you much.

7. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Great Photos...Thanks!

8. 1oldrat

1oldrat

I bought this in the swap meet,Going to pick it up this afternoon.

Attached Files:

9. 5window

5window

Presentation.The ones I mentioned were like cookie cutters-all made from off the shelf parts and not much to differentiate one from another. This one was definitely different-original thought and well built.

I've got nothing against the Mouse-I have one myself and I think it's a good hot rod motor.

10. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Im glad I went to Motor Speedway....looks like it was hard to find the cool cars there....mmmmm

11. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

That red tudoor had a sbc with Ardun valve covers. Check out the wingnut.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  12. 00 MACK

00 MACK

When Tommy hears that hell never slap a sticker n the window and will probably show up next year with slicks on the front!

13. So true! I think the longer you go to shows, the more you have a tendency to do that. Most of these shows are over half "filler", you know, cars that are there simply because they fit the year criteria. So grazing to find the cars that you really like becomes the norm for me.

14. I had a great time, this was my favorite

[​IMG]

(sorry for the big pic)

15. :pThanks for all the pics Al,
    sandybeaches:cool:

16. Thanks NasT for the pic of our 31' :0