Register now to get rid of these ads!

has not pick up car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by keeffer, Jun 6, 2009.

1. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

There is another hamb'er on here that sold a car to a guy in Canada, It took him Two and a half years to pick it up. He kept sending storage fee $, and then sent someone else to pick the car up for him, and store it at their place. Some people have more money and time than brains.....

2. if he had ten days to originally pick it up and didn't notify you IN WRITING THAT HE COULDN'T it's yours. you can try and certified mail him with a deadline date, but why bother.?if original contract was that he paid within a certain time and had to pick up within certain time-THE CONTRACT IS NULL AND VOID.

3. keeffer

keeffer

what is a good storagh fee

4. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Maybe to be safe.. send a registered letter.. and get it stamped.. give a time frame for pickup.. if the time frame expires.. then you are safe.. if they dont comply.. then its yours to do want you want with..

its a minimum 7 weeks for the title to be cleared to begin with if there is a title.... maybe this person ran into financial problems like what every one else is up against..

5. 5window

5window

You only need to send something "Registered" if it is valuable and you basically want it locked up the whole time it is being shipped. What you really need is "Certified with a return Receipt". That way the post office can track the shipping and you get a signature card back with the recipient's own signature. This is less expensive but does the deed since all you want to do is make certain they got the notification.

As for a fair storage fee-how much is it in your way? How much could you park it for a day for? I don't think anyone could argue $10/day. That's $300/month. Just document anything you do and save all responses-print out e-mails, log phone calls,etc.

6. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

maybe sent he, you letter saying FOR keeffer, but you sent back away you cus you readed FROM keeffer.

i that know happens me to all time the.

still waiting on IRS check , they kept sending me checks saying me from.

7. RichG

RichG

Dang! Happen me too did it!

Okay, I know this is a loaded question, but how much did this person pay for the car? It may be that he found out that transportation is too much for what he paid, and decided to ditch the deal.

As stated before, you need to give some more information if you want REAL help.:)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  8. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

People do some stupid shit. I buy a car it leaves with me that day. Keeps the bull shit down.

9. keeffer

keeffer

1954 buick 2 door sedan $3,000

10. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

i bought 2 62 chevy and 62 gmc trucks off a man 20 years ago i just recently picked them up so get him a few years.thansk

11. Scorch67

Scorch67
    from Omaha, Ne

contact the guy and ask what the problem is, maybe he's too proud or is afraid if he shows blood in the water he'll get taken advantage of/ maybe he's a bum . no way to tell until you get the whole story. if anything it'll tell you if he's trying or not so he either needs help getting it home or he needs help giving it up. maybe he has something to trade? you could go on and on wondering and guessing. Same thing that I do trying to figure out why the car aint running right. after all the theories there's nothing definitive untill I tear it apart,

12. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Here abouts outside storage is 25 bucks a day, inside is 45. Based on either after the 10 day pickup date on ebay, I would send hime a bill for the storage with another pick up reminder. when storage charge ='s price of car he is at 0 equity inthe deal and you should have no qualms about reselling it. Which at 6 months at 25 bucks a day is already gone.

13. Threads like these are interesting. No, not the replies- the fact that someone buys a car but doesn't get it, and that the seller waits a long time and then asks, "What to do?" I can understand giving someone some time, but half a year? At what point do you ...

14. keeffer

keeffer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    264 buick nailhead run's great
    dynaflow automatic
    started to dress up engine bay (ie Chrome)
    come with five 1955 Cadillac sabre wheels
    new interior you have too install
    plus some new parts
    custom inteiror white with aqua pleats for the front & back seats
    good door handles with nail guards
    extra dash board sandblasted & primed
    continental kit pans only
    new hood ornament
    2 cans buick green for engine

15. Scorch67

Scorch67
    from Omaha, Ne

..."I was out walking around my house the other day when I found this old abandoned car. I don't know how long it had been there but it was a long time. It reminded me of one I had years ago but sold".

16. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Its obviously a scam. When he wrote you a check for $50,000, you were supposed to keep the $3k and forward the $47k on to his associate who was to make arangements to ship the car to Canada via Nigeria.
    Since you never sent the $47k.................... :D

17. Ten bucks to thirty bucks per DAY, minimum.

18. deuces94

deuces94
    BANNED
    from Minnesota

$300.00 / mo. for 6 months. $1800.00 and you originally wanted $3000.00. That makes you only $1200.00 to the good at this point. Oh and don't forget what you put into it originally. Sorry you lose.

19. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Looks like a decent car. Send him a return reciept letter telling him he has 10 days from todays date to pick up the car or you will resell it. Make sure there is some contact info, so he can get in touch with you if he wants.

Stuff happens all the time, many figure that since they missed the dates, the money is gone already. This way you are giving him a last chance and stating your purposes from that point.

If he contacts you before the 10 days, tell him storage begins at the end of the 10 days at whatever the going storage rate in your area is (know what that rate is). Once the value (cash you have recieved) has been eaten up in storage, the car will be yours to do whatever you want with it. Gene

20. Notice, I said MINIMUM. $10/day = $300/mo. $30/day = $900.00/mo. Again, MIN.

Go a grand a day, why not?

21. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Hope it all works out well for both parties involved.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  22. RichG

RichG

Wow, that's a much nicer car than I thought we were talking about. Make a concerted effort to contact him, if he doesn't get back to you in, say, two months, it's done. That's just my opinion:D

23. ratdaddytattoo

ratdaddytattoo

Your ebay sale was a binding contract. You stated he had 10 days to remove the vehicle. It's your car. He paid he defaulted on the contract by not removing it in the time specified. Sell it again!

24. adamshumard

adamshumard

I say sell it. And since you already got 3000 on it, you could just sell it to me for a hell of a good deal :)

25. Man that sure is a nice car for someone to just fuhgetaboutit. I am thinking he send you just a downpayment and you were waoting for the rest upon pick-up? Get this guy ro come get his car asap or like others are saying he broke the ebay contract so its your car to do with what you will. Re-sell I am thinking.-Weeks

26. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Just noticed you said your sale was to Canada, and you are located in Brockport. Perhaps he's trying to work a way to get it across lake Ontario.....

27. HotRod33

HotRod33

Do you still have the title...? Notify him and give him 30 days to come pick it up and if he doesn't sell it again......

28. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

Hey, I sold a car 4 times before someone finally took it home. I always do a 30 day pickup on the paper work. I'd love to have that car back so I could sell it a few more times.

29. If it is, it's a coincedence.

Get a hold of the guy, give him however many days you're comfortable with to come get it and nothing further. Tell him you've been more than generous and that after that point it's however much per day to store it further. I know a guy down Oneonta way who gets $40 per day for outside storage for his tows.

If he doesn't show, just put the car on eBay again and sell it. Your original auction said 10 days, you're within your rights. You say the car has a registration, there's no reason he can't get it titled and get it across the border. You have to look at it this way - if the guy can't come over to pick up a car that runs and drives, is he really going to come over to go through all the bullshit of trying to sue you or something?

My eBay listings say 30 days to get the car, I figure with non-runners it might take a little more time to figure out how the hell to get it home, and that after that you may be subject to a storage charge. Basically I say that if I can't contact you and you haven't made some prior arrangement I start charging a daily fee. We aren't unreasonable, the guy with the '55 wagon got a ton of extra time free because of the border issues. Not his fault. He finally got the border folks to let him bring it over, I guess, he's picking it up today.

I had a guy buy a car from me and not come to get it for 18 months. Came to the conclusion he only wanted the tags off it. Finally a local guy wanted it for parts I sold it to him and that was that. Car was a POS, but a rare POS. But you get that a lot. Hell I had a guy asking me once about some parts he'd paid for like two years previous. For all I knew he'd died or something in the meantime. Yeah, I'll get right on that for you.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009