Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage HydroClyde Does the Indy 500 with Pals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Ramblur

Ramblur

I haven't been to the "500" in thirty years and when I did it was never that
    close to the action. Thanks so much for taking the time to share it here.
    The only thing missing was Thelma and Louise taking a couple pace laps
    in Big Olds.

2. Thank You very much, for taking us all along on your adventures. You two wonderful women, are the most deserving "VIP's" in the motorsport world.;)

3. rodncustom

rodncustom

WOW! What an experience! Thank you!

4. Great report. The teacher should give you an A!

5. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Damn!!! way great experience....Thanks for the great coverage!!

6. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Holy Schnikeys Denise, this post outdoes all of your previous "travelogues" combined. I am so jealous, I'm turning green with envy - or maybe it's because I'm geting really old. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

7. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

As always :)

Well written and well documented.

GREAT JOB Denise.

THANKS ...

8. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Whistle, whistle, clap, clap, clap, clap. Just awesome. Next best thing to being there.

9. HydroClyde

HydroClyde

Words can't express what a great time this was! Although Denice's coverage comes close! Thanks Eric for the opportunity of a lifetime. I made many new friends and had a blast. We couldn't have had better trackmates than Denice and Megan. By the way the Park Lane came to life this week for the first time in 4 years, oh well, better late than never.

Clyde

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

So, Denise other than that did you do anything exciting while you were in Indy?:rolleyes::eek::cool::D They are going to make a movie of your life one day. Only problem, no one will believe it.

Frank

11. KIRK

KIRK

Great coverage, almost like I was there, Thanks.

12. fww32

fww32

Great post,Thank you

13. noodle9000

noodle9000

Nice Scrapbooking Denise. :D

14. gas pumper

gas pumper

Finally got to see all the pics and read the story.

All I can say is wow. what a trip. And thanks for sharing this with all of us.

The spy photo's of JF's shop are beyond description.

15. Denise...you did a fantastic job of photodocumenting what Indy is all about...but I imagine that there is still NOTHING like being there....I was especially drawn to this post because I plan a roadtrip with my wife in the near future from Oregon across the northern states and wind up at the Indy 500 as the eastern most leg of the trip, so I am super glad you posted this. Thanks for sharing. WOW doesnt even come close!!!!

16. racer67x

racer67x

really appreciate taking the time to chronicle all this..next best thing to being there!
    :)
    thanks!

17. Speedrome

Speedrome
    from Irving, TX

Another great job! Thanks

Bart

18. LO and behold, another fantastic picture and prose travelogue from Denise! Denise, your tic-toc of a day at the Indy 500 and elsewhere was entertaining and informative.

21 posts' worth of good stuff on this thread. Thanks very much for taking us along on your trip!

19. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Man, what a comprehensive indy 500 experience! Everybody should do that once!

20. Ebert

Ebert

Denise, Clyde, Megan, Harley Gene & Jim,

I must admit...I have been waiting to see this awesome chronicle as well. I ALWAYS enjoy Denise's reports and I was just nervous about being a small part of one...did I deliver what I promised? Did my pals REALLY have a great time? Did I do everything I could for them? There is so much to do and because of my race stuff/duties, I have never really had the chance to take "it" all in.....now I know some of the great things I have been missing!!!

Like Denise said, the trip could have easily turned the "other way"--having four people from four different cities getting together and saying..."okay, now let's have some fun!!!!" Well, that is what happened!!! HydroClyde is an AWESOME guy and just a joy to be around!!! He has a great appreciation for all of the traditions at the Speedway and ALL things hot rodding and there could not be a better guy!!! Thanks for bringing Jim, too! GREAT to hear that you have the Park Lane scooting!!!!

Megan & Denise..what can I say? You two rock my world and I cannot thank you and Harley Gene enough for taking time to make Clyde & Jim feel at home and plenty busy while I had to be in different places. Hopefully, you both had a chance to see some things from a "backstage pass" perspective and it was worth your great efforts to support Clyde, Jim and the HAMB!!!!

As we discussed, this race has been a part of my life in varying ways for over 35 years. I still get goosebumps when I drive in everyday during the Month of May and I just am delighted that my special friends from the HAMB could join me and my racing pals. I know there are other HAMBERS that have a role in this great race and I am sure they would agree as to how special it means to them as well.

I look forward to meeting Bubba and the other great Indy/Indiana HAMBERS and seeing Denise and Megan at GG Indy next weekend!!!! Time for a weekend OFF!!!!!!

See ya Friday!!!!!
    Best,
    Eric

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words regarding the coverage. I'm glad you guys appreciate it.

More then likely you will get a chance next year.;)

You mean a couple of hours each day for a couple of weeks don't you??:eek::D

I was thinking as the new Corvette convertibles were cruzn around the track with the dignaties on them that wouldn't it be "cooler" if Big Olds and a bunch of other classic car type convertibles were used instead of the Corvettes. Don't get me wrong, I love Corvettes but the ones they used this year were pretty boring looking with not much flare or style.

Congrats bud, looking forward to seeing it, and you, at a event this summer.

Thanks bud! :D
    It's funny you should mention that word. There was a women right in front of our suites window that was actually scrapbooking, with her album, sissors, photos and stuff, right in the bleachers in front of us! Crazy! I thought I took a photo of it. I looked for it but couldn't find it. I love to scrapbook but there is certainly a time and place for it and the bleachers at the Indy 500 just doesn't fit the bill.:rolleyes:

I wish I could have remembered everything rooman was saying to lable the photos better. Way too much info to comprehend in one visit.

Cross country across the northern states is my all time favorite areas to drive Big Olds. Check out both my Ego-Rama trip in '05 and my B'ville trip from '07 which both have northern states traveled in those adventures.