Register now to get rid of these ads!

Had an interesting offer today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jasonnosaj, May 31, 2009.

1. RichG

RichG

I agree with Little Wing, let's see some pics of this Impala before we pass judgment...

2. spooler41

spooler41

Just do a LEASE deal, 2000.00 up front and they can do all of their R&D, sales promo,
    and advertising , when you then take it back when there done.

Good luck with this deal, ...........Jack

3. jasonnosaj

jasonnosaj
    from ohio

Looks like I need to clarify something here, the term "rat rod". when i say rat rod, i'm not talking about a **rust** rod, or the unfinished look. The '38 Ford is not a junk rod, and will be a nice looking, and functional hot rod when it's finished. I termed it as a rat simply because there will not be a large cash investment in this truck, and it will be painted flat black w/ flat red wheels. The $1100 I already have into it plus another $2K - $3K and it's finished. We're not talking about a high end trailor queen.

As far as Flamming River is conserned, they never showed up when they said they would. I guess a well known parts manufaturer is no better than anyone else who says they are comming out to buy a car, then never shows up, never responds to emails, ect. Since I wasted a whole day waiting around for them, they just lost any barganing ability they might have had, if they end up wanting the car. As far as trading for parts is conserned, all i'd really be interested in is a nice banjo steering wheel & $1700 cash, or just a straight up purchase for $2K. Thier retail price for a banjo wheel is $459.

4. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Get the money ,you don't want anything nice!

You've told us yourself by saying Rat Rod over and over ....

Flaming River would be to nice and way more work for the direction you are going in..

If you can talk them into spending the money get it,

Being able to brag about selling them a car ,don't and won't pay the bills.

5. really can people not think for themselves anymore?

6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

Only trade for something that benefits you. They think they can lowball you with the excitement of just what your excited about,bragging rights to say "that's my car".
    How much is that worth to you?

7. CASH!!!!!! ,Ill trade ya fifty dollars worth of steel too....make that a hundred,the cars worth at least 3,000.

8. madjack

madjack

I've been here before. They want something for nothing. Think about what they have in cost of goods. Nowhere near 2g's, more like 3-4 hundred of actual out of pocket for them. Now think of how much what they want you to take in trade is worth for you to sell out right "used". Sounds like you'd be getting taken for a ride.
    Just my 2cents

9. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

cash, no trades

10. RichG

RichG

...five replies to take cash after he said they never showed...hmmm.:cool:

11. Cracks me up, the people saying "If they can't afford $2,000 they have bigger problems". Come on people get real. Of course they can afford $2k, they are just being smart business folks.
    And then the ones that essentially say they are trying to screw you, again, grow up, they have made an offer, nothing more, nothing less. No one is screwing anyone, just making an offer that this guy can take or leave. Screwing someone is when you do something dishonest, nothing dishonest here.
    Too funny

12. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

electrodude<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_3995204", true); </SCRIPT> ...You ever hear about typing at the same time he is replying ?

13. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

My guess is they will read this and tell you to take a hike.

14. wvenfield

wvenfield